• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have the normal elective succession
How did you end up with that succession? The main bureaucratic realms are the ERE and WRE, and both start with with the imperial elective succession law. Did you start as Sub-Roman and become Bureaucratic?

Will there be more and/or altered mechanics for Tribals and Nomads, so that the steppe can become more unpredictable and dangerous for a sedentary realm?
Nothing is planned at the moment, given how nomads are largely hardcoded and additionally locked behind DLC. We will continue to look into improving the migration mechanic however.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can I use mod Patrum Scuta with WtWSMS ?
Ask them if they have created a compatibility patch. Otherwise I don't think so.

First time i see this on this mod so i will ask :3

On my timeline the Franks formed their Kingdom but got destroyed by a combination of tribal nations, the Huns (i revitalized them) got many lands all over the world and 200 years into the save western Europe got invaded by Slavs.

Yes, in this timeline the Germanic tribes got replaced by Slavs.

One of these Slavic cultures is called "Galliya" i found nothing on them on English or Spanish, but maybe i dont know where to look, who are they?

image_2020-11-10_094048.png

Absolutely loved this unexpected and strange development, i wonder if they will be able to form a Slavic nation on "French" soil..

First time i see this on this mod so i will ask :3

On my timeline the Franks formed their Kingdom but got destroyed by a combination of tribal nations, the Huns (i revitalized them) got many lands all over the world and 200 years into the save western Europe got invaded by Slavs.

Yes, in this timeline the Germanic tribes got replaced by Slavs.

One of these Slavic cultures is called "Galliya" i found nothing on them on English or Spanish, but maybe i dont know where to look, who are they?

View attachment 651356

Absolutely loved this unexpected and strange development, i wonder if they will be able to form a Slavic nation on "French" soil..
Now I know what I want to do next

• 1Like
Reactions:
Are you able to ask for the HRE and WRE? I found the decisions in the files, but both require a demesne size of at least 225, which seems like it should be realm size - though it also seems strange to be able to ask for the WRE.
No, that is just legacy code, those decisions are not usable by design. You can form or reform the WRE (and the HRE, although only if you manage to reproduce somewhat historical circumstances which is unlikely at that point of the game).

No, that is just legacy code, those decisions are not usable by design. You can form or reform the WRE (and the HRE, although only if you manage to reproduce somewhat historical circumstances which is unlikely at that point of the game).
I don't think you can form the HRE - the code references e_germany, a title that doesn't exist in the mod, which seems to break the tooltip. Additionally it requires the HRE title to be inactive to see the decision, which it doesn't start as being.

Reactions:
I don't think you can form the HRE - the code references e_germany, a title that doesn't exist in the mod, which seems to break the tooltip. Additionally it requires the HRE title to be inactive to see the decision, which it doesn't start as being.
Thank you for correcting me, I believe the reference to e_germany shouldn't have any other consequences than breaking that tooltip, but I will note it to fix together with the issue of the title not being inactive, even though few players would form the HRE.

I’m curious as to how you got the AI King of Oriens to not usurp the High Patriarch in his barony of jerusalem. I’ve tried creating king level religious/barony level king titles titles before but I’ve found that unless I’m holding the dejure kingdom titles myself, or the Religious Head holds entire Kingdom (not a good idea I’ve found) the AI attacks the religion head and usurps the barony sometimes destroying the religious title in the process or somehow sending the title to me.

Is this something you've figured out or am I utterly blind in how I mod?

I’m curious as to how you got the AI King of Oriens to not usurp the High Patriarch in his barony of jerusalem. I’ve tried creating king level religious/barony level king titles titles before but I’ve found that unless I’m holding the dejure kingdom titles myself, or the Religious Head holds entire Kingdom (not a good idea I’ve found) the AI attacks the religion head and usurps the barony sometimes destroying the religious title in the process or somehow sending the title to me.

Is this something you've figured out or am I utterly blind in how I mod?
The main issue we have had is the revocation of the papacy by the AI, which we haven't been able to resolve. Since vassal wars are inactive the AI king of Oriens will only be able to attack to usurp the title if he gets independent, in which case attacking the ERE is a challenge. In the next version the Pope will become the over all head while the patriarch of Jerusalem will lose the kingdom title.
What are the triggers / conditions for the Great Schism to happen?
The Great Schism isn't finalised as a mechanic at the moment, it can fire after 950 but there is no particular trigger.
If I wanted to add a simple decision to allow for Sub-Roman governments to convert to Feudal on their own at a late date (say 800) how could I do that?
Well, I advice that you look at the decision modding wiki page which will guide you through creating a decision. The advice specific to WtWSMS would be that you remove the title flag sub_roman_government_flag and add the adopted_feudalism title flag, otherwise events might interfere.
Are you planning something akin to a last update or are you focused on developing the CK3 version ?
There is material for a final update but we also do want to develop the CK3 version to at least release something which is playable so that we can get initial feedback. I don't see it as necessarily mutually exclusive, what we develop for CK3 and the new questions we have to ask ourselves also gives a new perspective on CK2 and how we can wrap up that development cycle. So there will be an update that concludes the work on CK2 in the future and we might continue to support afterwards with bug fixes or minor content if there is interest, but major new additions would probably be for CK3 (unless someone wants to work on CK2 specifically).

Reactions:
The main issue we have had is the revocation of the papacy by the AI, which we haven't been able to resolve. Since vassal wars are inactive the AI king of Oriens will only be able to attack to usurp the title if he gets independent, in which case attacking the ERE is a challenge.
Oh yeah that‘s the main reason I asked, The empire of Oriens got created in my playthrough so I was honestly surprised the Comes didn‘t attack the Patriarch as soon as he got free.