• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I've got a couple questions.

Are there any events concerning the Ostrogothic invasion of Italy? I was thinking of playing my main man Theoderic.

What flavor/unique mechanics are there for Hellenics aside from the Pontifex Maximus?

And finally, is there a way to become Romano-Gothic without cheating?

Last edited:
Are there any events concerning the Ostrogothic invasion of Italy? I was thinking of playing my main man Theoderic.
Yes, you can get money from the ERE and the CB.
What flavor/unique mechanics are there for Hellenics aside from the Pontifex Maximus?
Hellenic pagans have access to looting, concubinage, female temple holders and Vestals associated to the Pontifex Maximus.
And finally, is there a way to become Romano-Gothic without cheating?
The only way to obtain it is by starting with a character that has it or ruler designing.
I found that the Roman name of the kingdom of England is "Loegria." Why not Britannia?
Britannia is the empire-level name.

quick q.... what are the melting pot conditions for the Romano-Britons to become the Brídaney of Brídanie? Really, I suppose for all of the romance cultures.

Thanks!

NM, found it!

Last edited:
Hi! I've recently gotten into this mod and love it. I'm playing as Theodoric and control all of Italia. I have all requirements to reform WRE, though the circus is still being built. However I have no idea how to reform Legio VIII, which is the last requirement. There is no info about this, though I have read it costs like 1500 gold. Can anyone give help or advice? Thanks!

Hi! I've recently gotten into this mod and love it. I'm playing as Theodoric and control all of Italia. I have all requirements to reform WRE, though the circus is still being built. However I have no idea how to reform Legio VIII, which is the last requirement. There is no info about this, though I have read it costs like 1500 gold. Can anyone give help or advice? Thanks!
Hi, happy to hear you like it! For the Legio VIII Augusta you need the kingdom of Annonaria and then the duchy of Flaminia.

This is a bit of an open-ended question, but what am I supposed to do as Sassanids? I've played around as them a little bit, but find myself turned off by the fact that my vassals have a -25 permanent opinion Malus with me. What is this supposed to be modelling? Why does it exist? And what sort of goals should I set as Sassanids? I know it's a Wide Open Sandbox kinda game, but what should I be making my goals?

This is a bit of an open-ended question, but what am I supposed to do as Sassanids? I've played around as them a little bit, but find myself turned off by the fact that my vassals have a -25 permanent opinion Malus with me. What is this supposed to be modelling? Why does it exist? And what sort of goals should I set as Sassanids? I know it's a Wide Open Sandbox kinda game, but what should I be making my goals?
I've never really understood it beyond 'balance', as the Eranshahr government's 'Can call vassals to war at any time' does weird things with faction strength ratings and would otherwise make them really reluctant to rebel at all.
As for what to do: Remind the Greeks why your forefathers once held the title 'King of the Four Corners of the World'. Make every knee from the Indus to the Aegean bow before you. Rename every Greek major city (especially the ones related to a certain Macedonian) to flex on the Hellenes.

Last edited:
What is this supposed to be modelling? Why does it exist?
Together with the calling of vassal levies and other distinct particularities, it is supposed to model the autonomy and rebelliousness of local nobility within the empire, as well as balancing out the power of the emperor.
And what sort of goals should I set as Sassanids? I know it's a Wide Open Sandbox kinda game, but what should I be making my goals?
In terms of military aims, you could try to restore to Persian empire at its greatest extent, during the Achaemenid rule:

672px-Achaemenid_Empire_%28flat_map%29.svg.png

Is there a good way to fight wars for a large amount of territory all in one go, since there's no Holy Wars in WTWSMS?
Depends on if you have the Jade Dragon DLC or not, as in vanilla.

Another question about the Sassanids - is there a reason they are never allowed to Revoke Territory? This, to me, is the biggest screw, especially if you are using Conclave Laws, under which you need to implement a useless "Revocation Allowed" law to be able to implement Imperial Authority at any point.

Quick Questsion. Trying to Merge the Umbrae Sphere and WtWSMS maps. what are the changes to india if any. Kinda hoping there isnt.
Countless changes have been made to India as opposed to vanilla, a bit difficult to summarise them all here. Although in terms of provinces nothing has changed, if that was your concern.
Another question about the Sassanids - is there a reason they are never allowed to Revoke Territory? This, to me, is the biggest screw, especially if you are using Conclave Laws, under which you need to implement a useless "Revocation Allowed" law to be able to implement Imperial Authority at any point.
You can't implement imperial administration with the Eranshahr government, the two are mutually exclusive. As for not revoking territory, it represents the position of the nobility and the importance of its (real or forged) ancestry in strengthening legitimacy, hence why you don't get that power as the Sassanids.

Last edited:
Is there any way to convert organized religions as a kemetic character?
As a Kemetic character you are of the Bastion of the Faith group:

https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/When_The_World_Stopped_Making_Sense#Religious_conversion
Religious conversion
In the mod, there are three different types of "mentalities" for the religions:
  • Proselyte - can use the proselyte action and convert characters, but is vulnerable to conversion from within same religious group
  • Ancestral - can not use proselyte action and convert characters and is vulnerable to conversion from other religions
  • Bastion of the Faith - can not use proselyte action and convert characters but is resistant to conversion from other religions
There are however exceptions to this rule, which allow the offensive Ancestral religions to convert characters towards other religions with a moral authority below 20, or allow Bastion of the Faith religions to use the proselyte action and convert characters that are of an Ancestral religion.

Should there be a decison as an Arian to accept islam? Arianism irl is essentially a bridge with Islam and it would make a lot of sense to nerf the diplomatic penalty once Islam rises
I don't understand what your source for this nor what you mean by "bridge to Islam". The Arian heresy in Christianity is completely unrelated to Islam. Furthermore, this seems like a suggestion rather than a question. That some see shared teachings between Islam and Arianism on the nature of Jesus is rather irrelevant when it comes to the mod.

Why does Rome have more tax revenue than Constantinople? Rome became less prominent during this period and Costantinople was huge and more urbanized. Is there any way to manually fix this so that there is more immersion?