• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hey, didn't check all 69 pages, so it might have been mentioned before, but the second link in the original post of this thread links to ckiiwiki.com, which appears to have been taken over by a malicious site that appears to want to let you download the mod/wiki of the mod as a free epub pdf?

I trust most people here wouldn't fall for something this obvious, but thought I'd still point it out since unless there is a timeout on the availability of the edit post function, you might want to remove the link, or edit it to the current url of the wiki which should be this: https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/When_The_World_Stopped_Making_Sense#FAQ
Thanks a lot for the heads-up, I wasn't aware the address has changed. I do sincerely hope no one was fooled by that link, especially since I know younger users sometimes visit this website and play the mod. I don't know for how long it has been this way, so I hope it hasn't been the case during a long period.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks a lot for the heads-up, I wasn't aware the address has changed. I do sincerely hope no one was fooled by that link, especially since I know younger users sometimes visit this website and play the mod. I don't know for how long it has been this way, so I hope it hasn't been the case during a long period.
The old wiki has been gone for quite a while, but this is the first I’ve heard of the url being malware corrupted.

Reactions:
Hey just a heads up, the "#FAQ" link in the original post also links to the old URL.
Good looking out editing the other post though, probably should have been more specific when I told you about the issue.

Hey just a heads up, the "#FAQ" link in the original post also links to the old URL.
Good looking out editing the other post though, probably should have been more specific when I told you about the issue.
Didn't realise there were two links, the one in the original post has now been fixed as well.

476 start. Matrah and Nizwa in Oman are quite highly upgraded. I'm ignorant of Oman's history but I feel like this is an oversight or something?
I don't know why this particular provinces have received those buildings, I will see if I can find why that is the case in particular.

Is this version compatible with the latest patch?

Edit: I rolled it back to 3.0 but I was getting random crashes, very weird, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Yes. Map isn't updated from the patch that added Tibet and more of sub-Saharan Africa yet, but the mod does in fact work with the current (and as far as we know final) version of CKII.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is there an updated list of the prerequisites for the portrait submods? Because I have all of the portrait packs and I'm still getting the floating clothes portrait issue. I'm putting this here instead of bug reports because I'm assuming the issue is on my end rather than yours. If any of the content packs are required for the portrait submods to work, it would be nice to know. Most of the floating clothes and mustaches seem to be among the Saharan people, though I think I saw one in Mali at some point.

Is there an updated list of the prerequisites for the portrait submods? Because I have all of the portrait packs and I'm still getting the floating clothes portrait issue. I'm putting this here instead of bug reports because I'm assuming the issue is on my end rather than yours. If any of the content packs are required for the portrait submods to work, it would be nice to know. Most of the floating clothes and mustaches seem to be among the Saharan people, though I think I saw one in Mali at some point.
There are now two African Portraits packs, both are required for that one, although we didn't update the description since both are called "African" and the launcher only has so much space to show. I believe the Steam Workshop item indicates that two are needed though, even if I understand it is not helpful with the manual or installer download: both African Portraits and the The Reaper's Due Content Pack (which includes East African Portraits). I will see if there is any additional documentation that needs to be updated.

Last edited:
Reactions:
There are now to African Portraits packs, both are required for that one, although we didn't update the description since both are called "African" and the launcher only has so much space to show. I believe the Steam Workshop item indicates that two are needed though, even if I understand it is not helpful with the manual or installer download: both African Portraits and the The Reaper's Due Content Pack (which includes East African Portraits). I will see if there is any additional documentation that needs to be updated.
Ah, thank you. I have all of the portrait packs aside from the clothing packs, but the only content pack I have is the Monks and Mystics one.

Do your vassals count towards or against the determiners for going feudal or bureaucratic, or is it just your personal demesne? You obviously can't stop them from building up their holdings to get more troops or force them to prioritize wealth beyond just building the tax income buildings in their holdings yourself.

Do your vassals count towards or against the determiners for going feudal or bureaucratic, or is it just your personal demesne? You obviously can't stop them from building up their holdings to get more troops or force them to prioritize wealth beyond just building the tax income buildings in their holdings yourself.
It is the levies you can raise and yes you can't entirely control the process, but the levy composition alone isn't enough to make you switch. It is a combination of factors.
Is there a full list of legion titles somewhere? Just so I know which titles I need to create to reform them.
See this map: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...heir-attached-provinces.889354/#post-22075320

So far the mod is entertaining, but i have a doubt, the migration cb (i absolutely love it!) says that only germanic, tengri and slavi pagans (also alan culture) can use it.

Why you decided that the germanic christians could no use the cb (because it happened in history)?

(i already modded it for more migratory chaos, now its tied for culture and not religion)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Why you decided that the germanic christians could no use the cb (because it happened in history)?
What instances are you thinking of more specifically?

What instances are you thinking of more specifically?
The Lombard ruling class converted to Christianism before invading Italy (even if the majority of their people was pagan, we play as nobles/whatever). The Vandals converted in Spain (again, maybe only the ruling class as far as i remember) before invading "Carthage".

Maybe the cb is intended to represent the whole of the population (as you convert everything to culture/religion when you win), but maybe im wrong.

Last edited:
Hi there! I started a 476 start game is the Jewish Queen of Himyar, which is Pre-Feudal. What I'm wondering is how I can convert from this to Feudal, assuming I can. I've read the dev diary that's sometimes linked regarding government types, but it doesn't shed any light on the matter. Do I have to reach a certain date?

EDIT: I've also apparently become sub-roman? I didn't do anything as far as I know to cause this. My capital is still where it started in Aden, so I'm a bit confused. Should I put that in bug reports?

Last edited:
The Lombard ruling class converted to Christianism before invading Italy (even if the majority of their people was pagan, we play as nobles/whatever).
At that point they are already close to the Italian peninsula and the conversion is only partial.
The Vandals converted in Spain (again, maybe only the ruling class as far as i remember) before invading "Carthage".
That is before the start, the CB will tend to be less used with time.
Maybe the cb is intended to represent the whole of the population (as you convert everything to culture/religion when you win), but maybe im wrong.
A part of the population stays, but the CB currently does not distinguish between larger-scale population transfer and elite transfer.
Hi there! I started a 476 start game is the Jewish Queen of Himyar, which is Pre-Feudal. What I'm wondering is how I can convert from this to Feudal, assuming I can. I've read the dev diary that's sometimes linked regarding government types, but it doesn't shed any light on the matter. Do I have to reach a certain date?
At the moment pre-feudal rulers can't change government type, but on the other hand pre-feudal shares many traits with feudalism.
EDIT: I've also apparently become sub-roman? I didn't do anything as far as I know to cause this. My capital is still where it started in Aden, so I'm a bit confused. Should I put that in bug reports?
Yes, it would be helpful if you posted a bug report.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: