• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I searched a bit but there's not seem to be the answer to my questions (I might be bad at searching).
I have two questions concerning governments :
  • How is it possible to upgrade your government type from sub-roman to feudal, I'm level 2 in noble customs and I can't find the option ?
  • I have a vassal who has a county wich has a city for capital. So he has republic for government. Each time I grant him a duchy, he "convert" his government for sub-roman, how can I let him be a republic ?
Thank you for all your work, it is awesome !

• How is it possible to upgrade your government type from sub-roman to feudal, I'm level 2 in noble customs and I can't find the option ?
It is possible to go from Feudal to Sub-Roman, although the term "upgrade" is not the one I would use and it isn't related to technology. The transition is explained in the development diary: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-info-news-links.829142/page-12#post-25664228 Basically it depends on if you decide to maintain Roman taxation, if the realm is militarised and goes through periods of crisis. Essentially, the more your realm has been devastated and pillaged, and the less income you collect, the closer you get to feudalism. If you manage to maintain the existing Roman infrastructure you can instead aim to become Bureaucratic (although at the moment there is a bug which we will fix for the next version), but that comes at a significant cost.
  • I have a vassal who has a county wich has a city for capital. So he has republic for government. Each time I grant him a duchy, he "convert" his government for sub-roman, how can I let him be a republic ?
By switching to a government type which does not allow holding cities, Sub-Roman rulers can hold both cities and castles. Historically republics of this nature only appeared later, hence why you can't create them immediately at start without going through a transition.

I remember reading the dev diary on the transitions from sub-Roman, but I didn't really understand the mechanics behind actually changing. Is there anything you can actually do, or are you just stuck waiting for events to give you options? Also in my game as the Vandals, I think I've gotten one related event, but I didn't have any choices, there was only one option. I can't recall what the event was at the time, though I think it might have been something about levying troops.

I remember reading the dev diary on the transitions from sub-Roman, but I didn't really understand the mechanics behind actually changing. Is there anything you can actually do, or are you just stuck waiting for events to give you options? Also in my game as the Vandals, I think I've gotten one related event, but I didn't have any choices, there was only one option. I can't recall what the event was at the time, though I think it might have been something about levying troops.
If you want to avoid the transition, you can keep funding Roman infrastructure, avoid your realm being sieged and rely more on retinues and mercenaries. Roman infrastructure being the main factor. If you want to accelerate the transition you can instead stop funding Roman infrastructure, strengthen your levies and get your realm looted and sieged down. The events, other than the Roman infrastructure funding, are descriptive rather than decisive. It will be your actions in game that lead to them firing and informing you of the consequences of said actions. Therefore the choice isn't made within the event (except for Roman infrastructure naturally).

Why doesn’t the ERE have access to the imperial reconquest CB for western territories after the fall of the WRE, the same way the WRE does for the East, if you take the last Roman Empire decision?
The last Roman Empire decision is available for both Empires, although it was designed mainly for the ERE.

Possible bug then because I never saw it. Although it could have been a conflicting mod. Thank you for the quick response.
If you can attempt to reproduce it without the other mod we would welcome a bug report on the matter.

If you want to avoid the transition, you can keep funding Roman infrastructure, avoid your realm being sieged and rely more on retinues and mercenaries. Roman infrastructure being the main factor. If you want to accelerate the transition you can instead stop funding Roman infrastructure, strengthen your levies and get your realm looted and sieged down. The events, other than the Roman infrastructure funding, are descriptive rather than decisive. It will be your actions in game that lead to them firing and informing you of the consequences of said actions. Therefore the choice isn't made within the event (except for Roman infrastructure naturally).
This is the problem. I don't have the slightest idea what you mean when you say "keep funding Roman infrastructure." Are there laws or decisions I'm not seeing? Are there events I should be getting and they just have a really high MTTH? If it's event based, is there any way to trigger them? What actions count for/against me with armies? Since that's been mentioned I've been avoiding using my levies as much as possible, but does having high levies count, or only if you actually raise and use them?
I've been playing for almost a century in my Vandal game, I've long since switched to Arreyanu culture, and there's only one event that I thought might be related.
I am thankful for the rapid response, and apologize for my slow follow-up, finals week was... brutal.

his is the problem. I don't have the slightest idea what you mean when you say "keep funding Roman infrastructure." Are there laws or decisions I'm not seeing? Are there events I should be getting and they just have a really high MTTH? If it's event based, is there any way to trigger them?
Events with a high MTTH, which you can't trigger. That is intended.
What actions count for/against me with armies? Since that's been mentioned I've been avoiding using my levies as much as possible, but does having high levies count, or only if you actually raise and use them?
The more retinues you have and the less levies. If you develop levies but do not raise them it still counts.

• 1Like
Reactions:
In game, to change from sub-roman to burocracy, I need to have "imperial administration" which requires my form of government to be feudal, which doesn´t allow me to go with burocracy. Is it a bug? (i have all dlc)

For changing from sub-roman to republic the game ask me to have "imperial administration", but for having it i need to be feudale. Is this a bug?
Yes, this is a bug (although no need to post it twice, you can delete the double post).

Sorry, no idea why posted twice.
Any way to bypass the bug with a cheat code? (sorry for the bad english)
No problems. If you activate allow_laws with the console you should be able to pass the Imperial Administration law.

Still can't change to imperial administration :/ .
Edit: fixed with decision cheat (still can't change to imperial administration :( )
Was there also some technology required? Because there is a cheat for that too. That being said if you figured out it doesn't matter.

Majesty 5, but the problem is allow_laws only unlock inheritance laws.
The command "techpoints" can be used to obtain that (as well as max_tech, although that is irreversible so it will break tech afterwards in the game).

Hey, didn't check all 69 pages, so it might have been mentioned before, but the second link in the original post of this thread links to ckiiwiki.com, which appears to have been taken over by a malicious site that appears to want to let you download the mod/wiki of the mod as a free epub pdf?

I trust most people here wouldn't fall for something this obvious, but thought I'd still point it out since unless there is a timeout on the availability of the edit post function, you might want to remove the link, or edit it to the current url of the wiki which should be this: https://ck2.paradoxwikis.com/When_The_World_Stopped_Making_Sense#FAQ

Reactions: