• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have already made a separate thread (in hindsight probably should have mentioned it here instead) about sub-roman to feudalism switching happening way too soon. However, there are one or two more things I noticed which stand out to me as bugs.
  • Ostrogothic Kingdom becomes full-on bureaucratic after the conquest of Italy succeeds. The dev diary regarding the government update stated that Sub-Roman governments have "the ability of becoming Bureaucratic, provided they attain a certain size, the empire-level and are independent", but the Ostrogoths did not create an Empire title upon the conquest in my game, so it seems like there's something wrong.
  • Ostrogothic Kingdom retains its event-spawn reinforcements from the Eastern Roman Empire after the conquest of Italy. This might not be a bug, since I don't know if there's a mechanic for event-spawn troops to automatically despawn, but it doesn't seem right for some 10 thousand Eastern Roman soldiers being staying in service of the Ostrogoths instead of going home.
Thank you for the report, will note both, but with regards to the first I believe it might be related to the Ostrogoths getting hold of Italy, which is bureaucratic?

Yes, you could be correct regarding the swtich to bureaucratic. While most of Italy is sub-roman, the duchy of Latium (and indeed the county of Roma) is still bureaucratic, and in the personal demense of the King of the Ostrogoths.

Yes, you could be correct regarding the swtich to bureaucratic. While most of Italy is sub-roman, the duchy of Latium (and indeed the county of Roma) is still bureaucratic, and in the personal demense of the King of the Ostrogoths.
The bureaucratic government only applies for top titles. So any duchy becoming independent or any vassal beneath a bureaucratic ruler will be Sub-Roman. If the king of the Ostrogoths got hold of another top-tier title (specific kingdom here) that could overwrite his previous government form (provided they were in the feudal group, which they are by default).

Hi everyone

After 100 years playing with Antes tribe in the 6th century I've a problem: I don't know why but suddenly the game doesn't allow me to declare war to anyone... It says that I've my demesne levies raised,but they're not!

I've been waiting for some years and nothing changes. What can happen? And how could I solve the situation? Please help!

Hi everyone

After 100 years playing with Antes tribe in the 6th century I've a problem: I don't know why but suddenly the game doesn't allow me to declare war to anyone... It says that I've my demesne levies raised,but they're not!

I've been waiting for some years and nothing changes. What can happen? And how could I solve the situation? Please help!
Could you give us more details? Like showing screenshots of the levy and diplomacy interfaces?

Hi!
Downloaded the game, had loads of fun playing as the Romans in northern Morocco, and it was time for me to convert to EUIV and spread the old roman ways across the world...
The issue, is that my converted game is kind of... Fucked up once I open it in EUIV.
Vanilla EUIV nations are present, such as Morocco, Castille, Tunis, Granada, in their capitals, all with their respective religions (Muslims, Catholics... None of them are supposed to exist since they didn't in my CK2 game), I didn't even have any Islam events in CK2, yet some parts of sub saharan Africa are muslim.
Any idea what caused this and how to fix it?
I'm running the latest version of the mod on CK2 3.3.0, and converting to EUIV 1.28.2, but the EUIV version seems irrelevent as I have tried a few.

Hi!
Downloaded the game, had loads of fun playing as the Romans in northern Morocco, and it was time for me to convert to EUIV and spread the old roman ways across the world...
The issue, is that my converted game is kind of... Fucked up once I open it in EUIV.
Vanilla EUIV nations are present, such as Morocco, Castille, Tunis, Granada, in their capitals, all with their respective religions (Muslims, Catholics... None of them are supposed to exist since they didn't in my CK2 game), I didn't even have any Islam events in CK2, yet some parts of sub saharan Africa are muslim.
I'm running the latest version of the mod on CK2 3.3.0, and converting to EUIV 1.28.2, but the EUIV version seems irrelevent as I have tried a few.
The converter is not up to date with the latest EU4 version since it crashes when I attempt to use it with the mod. It only works for a rather old EU4 version from 2018.

Well as I said I'm not playing the latest EUIV version, I'm still playing Golden Century.
And the converter kind of works, I mean, it doesn't crash, there's just some weird stuff.
Are the Germans supposed to have the Animist religion instead of well, the Germanic pagan one that is already present in EUIV?

Well as I said I'm not playing the latest EUIV version, I'm still playing Golden Century.
And the converter kind of works, I mean, it doesn't crash, there's just some weird stuff.
Are the Germans supposed to have the Animist religion instead of well, the Germanic pagan one that is already present in EUIV?
None of the weird stuff is meant to happen, all religions, cultures, provinces and governments were mapped but when I tried to update it last time it consistently crashed, and no other developer could test it. I can retry, but in that case it would be for the latest EU4 version.

None of the weird stuff is meant to happen, all religions, cultures, provinces and governments were mapped but when I tried to update it last time it consistently crashed, and no other developer could test it. I can retry, but in that case it would be for the latest EU4 version.
Alright, do you know which EUIV version is supposed to work with it then?

Alright, do you know which EUIV version is supposed to work with it then?
No, unfortunately I don't. But maybe if you try with 1.25 or 1.23 it might work?

Alright so I tried both 1.25 and 1.23 and I'm not sure that's where the issue lies, as they both crash during loading. The converted mod explicitly says that it's compatible with 1.28.
Well then what happens when you attempt to use 1.28?

Well then what happens when you attempt to use 1.28?
Hi!
This.

I'm wondering if the 'WtWSMS_melting_pots_events' should have a trigger that the 'melting_pot_target' province needs to be the capital of its owner to trigger owner culture change. I've seen more than a few times now in my submod that the Merovingians become Occitan or Romansh because of the melting pot events which seems off.

Maybe more of a suggestion but feels like unintended consequence. :)

Last edited:
Reactions:
In that case I don't have any real solution for you, I will see if I can fix it for the next version but for now it will be incompatible even with the older versions of EU4.

I'm wondering if the 'WtWSMS_melting_pots_events' should have a trigger that the 'melting_pot_target' province needs to be the capital of its owner to trigger owner culture change. I've seen more than a few times now in my submod that the Merovingians become Occitan or Romansh because of the melting pot events which seems off.

Maybe more of a suggestion but feels like unintended consequence. :)
Makes sense as a change, going to note that.

There is a bug Rome is not considered as a trade post location for silk road purposes (only for amber road) what make it imposible to build a trade post as not patrician, even if considering post for amber road only.

Solution:

in file
C:\Users\admin\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\WTWSMS\common\scripted_triggers\00_scripted_triggers.txt
find line 8274 and add "province_id = 333" after line 8278
and
in file
C:\Users\admin\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod\WTWSMS\common\trade_routes\00_silk_route.txt
find line 1 and check is there "province_id = 333" after line 4
If not, add it

edit: Elminister noticed there should be line "province_id = 333" in 00_silk_route.txt but adding another don't make errors cuz of "OR" operator.

I hope i help find solution for untraedable Rome

Last edited:
I have two problems:

1: I can’t build a trade post in rome as the Western Emperor, apparently I can’t build a trade post without holding right county to do so. However Rome clearly is one of those counties. It has the bag of gold on the trade view and everything!

2: I followed an old bug report and edited the reform the senate decision as it was refusing to show up, all I did was remove the requirement that the title be inactive (it was mid game so the senate was long gone) the decision worked except now it keeps flipping to subroman gov, making me the heir! I tried again and this time switched during the creation of the houses and built a tradepost that way as I had thought that MR’s need to have an initial tradepost to remain as one.

I flipped back to the emperor and they almost instantly reverted to sub roman, okay I thought wait till the trade post is finished building and try again. I repeated the steps and flipped back to my emperor and they stayed a little longer as a republic but soon returned to being Sub roman, except this time when they flipped back it destroyed the trade post leaving me back a square one!!
Check my solution for ur 1st problem. It is one post before