• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(9046)

CatAARstroph1c moderator
Apr 26, 2002
Visit site
This week we recognize another of our newer writers. John Poole joined us in March of this year and has been busy writing his first AAR, a magnificent tale on Poland. The dialogue in this tale is pure Python and worth the price of admisson by itself.

So, John, take a minute and tell us about yourself!

Congrats! Hey, I'm the first to say it!

Originally posted by Valdemar
While I haven't gotten around to your story yet, I've heard nive things about it :)
I second V.

Wellcome to the club! And congratulations! ;)

*the crowd eagerly awaits the honoured one to talk about his RL*

It's not fair! I was forced to have fun with my friends, so I couldn't keep an eye on the AAR forum to be the 1st to say "Congrats!" :( :D

So, after being a few hours late: Congrats! :)

And write an update, or you'll be facing an agry crowd!!!

HURRAH!

Wow from now on I shall be known as John Poole "The Greater Than Vytautas!" :D

I have always wanted to write an AAR and let me say I think it was too long in coming. I am having an absolute blast writing it and I think I will do more! But well I always liked Poland among Euro states so it was the natural choice. Also there were no good Poland AARs which is surprising considering that this was their glory days and all.

I am a 26 year-old guy in Austin Texas who recently entered in Graduate School for History but is about to drop out. Loving history and being a professional are clearly not the same thing. So far I have started careers in Physics, Social Work, and History and I am sure a few more will pass my way before I find my place. If only I could be a professional EU2 player! :)

I always loved to write but I am way too sarcastic and undisciplined a writer to write serious scholarly stuff, and this is just much more fun. Thanks all who enjoyed my AAR. Unfortunately crashes with save game loading have derailed it temporarily but it will be back in full force later this week! What will happen to Poland? Now that she has humbled the mighty Russians who else can she humiliate and force to do calisthenics in a pink tutu in the Krakow city market? Find out in our next exciting episode! :p

Congrats, haven´t been able to read the story (yet) but it is on my "to do list":)

If only I could be a professional EU2 player!
Naah! College would take out all the fun from the game! You would have to learn conquest-algorythms and calculate manpower to estimate your growth in the next 200 years :D All on paper, of course. And then when the final test comes, you have to conquer the world with Armenia (doesn't even exist at the begining) in 3 hours, which is the duration of the test

After failing for the 79th time, when all that was left was to annex Ireland but they wouldn't let you finish, you would basicaly despise EU2 for the rest of your life...

Oh, why did I say all this!? Now I have it stuck inside my head, and it won't get out!!! :(

:D :D

Congratulations on the Writer of the week and I look forward to the continuation of your tale.

Congratulations. This is on my 'to-read' list, too. I've heard good things about it. :)

Congratulations for John Poole for his marvellous AAR!!! I hope you will finish the story.
BTW On November 2005 there will be election for Polish President. You've got my vote:D

A well-deserved 'Congratulations!'

Unlike my beloved but time-challenged fellows, I was in on the plot - er, story from the beginning. And quite a wild ride it has been...

If there is an heir to the 'Gluttonic Knights', this somewhat slimmer story is worthy of the title.

If you have it on your list to read, bump it up a few notches. You'll thank me for the advice after your sides stop hurting from laughing nonstop. :)

I've been reading poleaxing for poland since it began :D i daresay it is the funniest AAR ive read along with the German Risk AAR. Keep up the good work!

A truly well-earned award! (Unlike mine!)