• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I suddenly feel as though @El Pip is staring at me through a sniper scope.
It may seem that way, but really it is a notion I have for this new year to try and promote cross forum inclusiveness as much as I can. I don't want to make it an official rule for this thread, but I would like to suggest each winner try to get out of their comfort zone when choosing a successor. Call it a new unofficial rule. ;)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Clearly, a double post is in order, @Macavity116!
:D I mean, it's not out of the question. I was exploring a handful of ideas for new Stellaris stories over the past few days.

Just yesterday, I started writing a Stellaris story, but it was meant purely as a writing challenge for myself. I wasn't planning to post it to the forums. That might have to change now.

• 1Love
Reactions:
Sounds like...

• 1Like
Reactions:
@Macavity116 ! What a most deserving winner! :D And I have so so so much bad consicence for abandoning your latest masterwork, I am not even halfway though... RL has been a bitch I'm afraid. But I promise I will read it, and the new AAR, which I have open in a separate tab ready to read...soon. :D

• 2Like
Reactions:
@Macavity116 ! What a most deserving winner! :D And I have so so so much bad consicence for abandoning your latest masterwork, I am not even halfway though... RL has been a bitch I'm afraid. But I promise I will read it, and the new AAR, which I have open in a separate tab ready to read...soon. :D
You may like the new story. I challenged myself to keep the chapters as short as possible. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
And now it's time for bedtime with Macavity116, wherein the beloved host reads a different AAR every night, and tries desperately not to lose the will to live or break character.

• 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Now traditionally, I like to give up weekly awards roughly six days after I won them, instead of waiting the full week. But this winner deserves an extra day or two.

Some people might remember that when I ended my long-running series, I said I was going to search the forums to see if anyone created an AAR series longer than my own.

I did not. HOWEVER... I found a single AAR that is longer than all ten of my own AAR's combined!

And it's still going!

Road of Queens is a CK2 AAR being run by @Eurasia. The first chapter was posted in July of 2017 and the most recent chapter was posted *checks notes* FOUR DAYS AGO.
Oh, wait a second... *checks notes again* last week's chapter was number One-Thousand-Three!?

1003 chapters in one single story. My mind was blown when I discovered this. If you have not read the story of Arminestra of Dysnomia and everything that happened after her, you are sorely missing out on a CK2 legend. Go read Road of Queens.

@Eurasia won this AwAARd once a year all the way back to 2017, but for some reason, nobody nominated them for WritAAR of the Week in 2022. This is a crime. Determination worthy of Undertale must be rewarded.

Readers and writers alike, I present the new WritAAR of the Week: @Eurasia!

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you! @Macavity116, thank you for making me WritAAR of the Week! Sadly, with my new part time job, I have slowed down a tad. And sometimes lose images and have to make up for that. And updates sometimes toss in a monkey wrench. Also running a Dwarf Fortress world succession game on the DF forum at the same time. So kind of writing three AARs at the same time. Sorry about that.

To be honest I am surprised The Road of Queens has lasted so long! Even tossed in some mods just to keep it interesting for the readers. And a Timelord or two. And there was the Chirstian Norse Vikings....now that I think about it is silly.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Wait, its STILL going?

Okay, I'm interested in seeing how you managed that...

Well done!

• 4Like
Reactions:
Many congratulations @Eurasia! Always a well deserved nomination.

• 3Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
This is all very weird. As @Aardvark Bellay said, you should only get the popup if the capital can be moved. (Otherwise, it's greyed-out and unclickable.) And the move is instant.

If you can, I think the best next step would be for you to upload a save.

Congratulations, @Eurasia!

Wait, its STILL going?

Okay, I'm interested in seeing how you managed that...

Well done!

Many congratulations @Eurasia! Always a well deserved nomination.

Thank you all!

• 3Like
Reactions:
I add my warm congratulations as well my friend. Well done @Eurasia :)

• 3Like
Reactions:
I add my warm congratulations as well my friend. Well done @Eurasia :)
Thank you friend! I am just amazed so many people still read it. I mean, it is kind of a monster and I know, now a days, such long AARs can scare people.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Catching up on all these, so just in time to still be relevant 'Congratulations @Eurasia '.

If it's any comfort I've been intimidated by massive long AARs I've missed the start of for years, so it is not a recent thing. ;)

• 2Haha
Reactions:
So, my turn to toss somebody into the ring. Sadly most of the people I read are either not very active lately, are ending their AARs, or already have a ton of awards. So I think a fresh name needs to be put in. May I open it up to the public and allow them to toss in a name?

• 3Like
Reactions:
Seems a lot of our weeklies are stuck and many of our recent winners tossing the choice to the masses. Well, I can't pick every one of them (and in fact, that's why we have the tradition we have now) but this nod is always special to me so I will choose another. Thus, allow me to present @LPDK 356 for two AARs in CK2. It's been over a year since the last nod and not only is Song of the Karlings: Karloman's Legacy still going strong, but a new work has been added in Tale of the Clubfoot (A House Strong AAR) CK2 AGOT Mod AAR. Both are excellent and this award is entirely deserved.

Congrats! And start thinking of your successor now for next Sunday. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: