• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would like to nominate @Midnite Duke for WritAAR of the Week. His insanely creative project Avon Las Observes is deserving of high praise, and I'm sure the those who voted for it in multiple categories of the Year-End Awards would agree with me.

This week it will be two full years since Avon Las Observes graced the CKII AAR forums with its presence, so this is my way of saying thank you to the creative mind behind it. :)
Thank you very much for bestowing this award on me.
Well done @Midnite Duke and indeed hugely creative! Congratulations!
Thank you very much. I do not consider myself to be creative, but if you and @Macavity116 believe, then I will not disagree with you.
@Midnite Duke congratulations my friend! Another well deserved accolade
Very well deserved! Congrats @Midnite Duke!
Thank you very much. I think that all of you have appeared at least once in Avon and for that I thank you. Without your help, Avon would not have been possible. I also would like to Henrik and his team for creating a writer's dream between the character screenshots and the realm histories, the skeleton's bones are easily visible.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I may be a day late in naming a successor, but the extra day is extremely appropriate in this case. As soon as @Macavity116 mentioned Avon's second birthday (Friday the 10th), I knew who I wanted to honor. For today (13March) is the second birthday of @coz1's The Wars of the Roses. Even though @coz1 has won this award more than anyone else, it has been over a year since his last honor. @coz1, please accept the Writer of the Week for 13March2023 to a unanimous standing ovation (unlike the Oscars, there are no cameras panning the audience).

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Indeed a worthy choice! A pillarcof the community in so many ways! Congratulations @coz1 !

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Congratulations @coz1 - especially well deserved given both the quality and enthusiastic quantity of output in your epic narrative of late!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you very much @Midnite Duke for this is indeed special this year. When I first won the WoW I was just about to turn 31. On Saturday of this week, I roll over into 50 (and still not a gray hair in sight!) Time flies but clearly I enjoy writing here. :)

Wars of the Roses is an AAR I've wanted to write for a very long time and it has really come together this last year and moving along (perhaps too) quickly. I am blessed to have a strong group of readers that I very much appreciate. Things like this are meant to highlight and encourage more. So hopefully with a highlight, a few more will check it out. As to encouraging more, I am ready to go. I've just posted the middle section of Chapter 13 and am currently writing chapter 16 (about halfway through.) There is much, much more to come. :D

Thanks all for the kind words that have been or will be shared. I'll be back Sunday (if my hangover isn't too terrible) to pass this on.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I'm glad to congratulate @coz1 for being nominated for the WritAAR of the Week, which just goes to show how dedicated he is to our little corner of the insanity!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Slightly late congratulations to @Midnite Duke and on-time congrats to @coz1 . Both excellent winners. :)

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
By the fact that I am posting on Monday instead of the customary Sunday, you will no doubt assume that I did indeed have a slam bang time at the party Saturday night. In fact, the party did not really officially end until Sunday afternoon. I suppose that is what happens when you have a fully operational karaoke machine. ;) Needless to say, I enjoyed myself and everyone had great fun.

Now to the effort at hand. Thank you again for the kind words and once more to @Midnite Duke for the nod. One never fails to appreciate the recognition each and every time. That I have seen this multiple times is really more of a function of being a long standing member but I do enjoy the notation for the quality of my work as much as the quantity. More to that, the great part of this project is picking your successor (which can be difficult at times given RL concerns) and I wish that more would participate in this aspect. To that end I would like to pass the baton over to @TheButterflyComposer for not only the current work in Tomorrow Belongs To Me - A 'Democratic' Germany AAR but so too the continued work elsewhere which comes when it comes and always entertains. In fact, this nod is not just for the work itself but also for facilitating excellent comments about the alternate history. It raises the enjoyment and TBC has been doing it for some time now. May there be more, many more. Congrats, my friend. This is well deserved.

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Belated congrats for coz1 (and belated Happy Birthday!), on time congratulations @TheButterflyComposer !

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 2Haha
Reactions: