• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I can't believe that I missed almost everything in the past week... I've been a bit distracted of late (as I contemplate going back on rotation to what's gone on in the United States :oops: ), and also working desperately to keep my own AAR fresh and interesting as @stnylan and @Bullfilter have with theirs! So, kudos, oorah (or whatever you Ozzies say, eh, mate?) and huzzah to both!

• 1Love
Reactions:
While it is always a terrible idea to feed an Australian ego, encouragement is the last thing they need, I am forced to concede this is well deserved. ;)

Congratulations @Bullfilter !

So, kudos, oorah (or whatever you Ozzies say, eh, mate?) and huzzah to both!
I believe the Australian response is - "Go to the ute and get another prawn to put on the barbie, you flaming galah." Must be said while drinking beer from a tinnnie and wearing a hat with corks on.
DYAEiOu.gif

• 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
A truly worthy winner, congratulations @Bullfilter !

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thanks once again for this nomination @stnylan, it was greatly appreciated. Many thanks also to all those who have offered congratulations since (who I have acknowledged with reactions along the way).

This is an 'of the week' award, so as with the similar ones I will give it to someone who has actually been active in the last week. And writing not just in an AAR of their own, but actively, prolifically and in depth in comments on other people's AARs. My nominee for this week has done both. He has also overcome both personal health issues (including a tangle with COVID) and computer (Paradoxian munching of his current AAR game saves) to keep going - with another rebirth and continuation of his excellent Lancaster: The King in the North soon to come.

I checked and he hasn't won this award since 2017, so I now rectify this anomaly: congratulations @TheButterflyComposer :)

Know also, my only disappointment (as always) is not being able to give this award to a number of other deserving recipients whose work I also follow, but there can only be one ;)

Reactions:
Many congratulations

Oh wow, wasn't expecting this! Especially given the two recent disasters on my aar.

He has also overcome both personal health issues (including a tangle with COVID) and computer (Paradoxian munching of his current AAR game saves) to keep going - with another rebirth and continuation of his excellent Lancaster: The King in the North soon to come.

You may all decide which one was worse.

I checked and he hasn't won this award since 2017

Yes, that was the last time I did weekly updates...ah, the heydays of Albion when it swept the awards then sank without a trace. I was quite shocked when I did get the award then too, if I recall correctly...

Anyway, thanks very much. I shall endevour to write some more updates this week then give some thought as to whether or not I grandfather the CKII pages again or look elsewhere.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Luckily our winner has been writing semi-recently for Tickey Boo! in Read All About It so I do not have to complain about a writer of the week not having done any writing. ;)

Interestingly that work, like the best bits of Lancaster, involves bears. Clearly there is something in having tangential ursine connections that inspires TBC, this insigt is something I hope he bears in mind for future works (pun very much intended).

I any event, congratulations on a deserved award @TheButterflyComposer :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Congrats !

Thanks.

Many congratulations

Congrats to you for winning as well. Not sure why they never send me updates for this thread.

Thank you.

Thanks very much.
Luckily our winner has been writing semi-recently for Tickey Boo! in Read All About It so I do not have to complain about a writer of the week not having done any writing. ;)

Interestingly that work, like the best bits of Lancaster, involves bears. Clearly there is something in having tangential ursine connections that inspires TBC, this insigt is something I hope he bears in mind for future works (pun very much intended).

I any event, congratulations on a deserved award @TheButterflyComposer :)

I wrote for two different things in the past week! I'm deffo improving from my slump.

Bears are fun. Everyone says so. Even Paradox, so it must be true. I'm not buying ckiii for several years but if it turns out they've added hundreds more bear events, I will be tempted enough to read and watch videos about them before not buying the game.

Alas, because the events are so very random, Secret does not technically exist in game anymore. I've been trying to manually insert him in but it's proving troublesome. I assume he'll turn up randomly at some point anyway. Only this time he'll have more ridiculous stats than game master and drunkard. Maybe immortal and engineer?

Just sneaking in to congratulate @TheButterflyComposer before he passes this on. Congratulations and wel done!

Congratulations!

Oof, this disappeared for a while...

Right then, thanks to everyone for their comments. It has been a tricky few years since the last time I got this honour.

Anyway, the next writAAR will be @JerseyGiants88 for Italian Ambitions: A Florence AAR for EUIV. This one has everything, history book chapters, intense narratives, character stories, in-depth analysis and exploration of various aspects of the Italy forged under the Medici Family, economic disaster, sex scandals, rebellion, reformation, and much more. Because of the choice of start, it also serves as a fairly good tutorial for small power starts in EUIV. A good read and a good writer, seemingly without recognition yet on the forum. Have a look and see if you enjoy.

Thanks again. And again.

• 1Like
Reactions: