• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well I'll be- awwww guys, you shouldn't have! Now I gotta write double-time! And start reading some more AARs too so I can return the love. This is too much. I think I'm gonna, sniff, oh god bless you all!

• 1Love
Reactions:
What a delightful sentiment. I’ll be sure to put this one straight at the top of the reading list!
It does indeed seem far more friendlier than some other stories I could mention and definitely seems worth a read.

Congratulations @Staehr !

• 2Like
Reactions:
Well! I gotta say, much as I like the limelight, and the opulent palace and all the fame and money and women this award has given me... I kinda miss the old days where I could walk down the street and not be recognized. But I can't just hand the award back to @Alfred Packer, even though Anas is the most fun I've had in a long while.

So, I'm passing it on. Being new to this whole AAR thing and having only played Stellaris, I decided to try and give all of them a read. And I immediately remembered why I got a D in both history and society classes. So I'm very sorry to say I haven't read them all, far from it.

There are some real masterworks in here, and I wanna throw @Macavity116 a bone for the sheer amount of those that they've pumped out over the years, and generally for being a pillar of the community.

I also wanna mention @JackGoose for Transcendental Spaces, which is just bold and brave allround, though it's not an AAR. A few more explosions and it would have won my heart.

But the award itself goes to @Eurasia over in the Hearts of Iron forum, because I'm a simple man who can be bought with clever, snappy writing about the biggest airhead in the history of the universe.

Congratulations, Field Marshall! Maaaaaaaah! We'll have those jackanapes running back to Germania in a jiffy!

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Wow! Thank you! I only just started writing about Field Marshall Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett VC, KCB, DSO, South Africa Medal, Afghanistan Medal, Ashantee Medal, Egypt Medal, Khedive's Star, India General Service Medal (1854-1895), Queen's South Africa Medal, King's South Africa Medal, India General Service Medal (1908-1913), 1914-1915 Star.

And yes, Kevin Darling, Edmund Blackadder, Lord Flashart (the second h is invisible), the Hon. George Colthurst St. Barleigh, and S. Baldrick will all make an appearance. As well as all the other characters, and in some cases ships and military units, I have inserted into the nations over the past few AARs. In Japan, Russia, Germany, the US, and France.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Wow! Thank you! I only just started writing about Field Marshall Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett VC, KCB, DSO, South Africa Medal, Afghanistan Medal, Ashantee Medal, Egypt Medal, Khedive's Star, India General Service Medal (1854-1895), Queen's South Africa Medal, King's South Africa Medal, India General Service Medal (1908-1913), 1914-1915 Star.

And yes, Kevin Darling, Edmund Blackadder, Lord Flashart (the second h is invisible), the Hon. George Colthurst St. Barleigh, and S. Baldrick will all make an appearance. As well as all the other characters, and in some cases ships and military units, I have inserted into the nations over the past few AARs. In Japan, Russia, Germany, the US, and France.
So they all made it out! For a moment there I thought the ending was actually serious. Haha, but of course it isn't, it's just- oh I seem to have snff caught a fly in my eye there. Must be all the pollen outside. Damn these onions.

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Congratulations @Eurasia - the Melchett AAR is a thing of beauty, with almost endless opportunity for madness...

• 3Like
Reactions:
Congratulations indeed @Eurasia that does look it will be a treat to catch up on.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Warmest congrats @Eurasia - prolific and innovative as ever

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
So not to forget I am going to toss out the next Writaar-Of-The-Week. And only after careful reading of the original post. Because the next winner isn't writing but it IS in the HoI3 AAR. So I think it is still valid...?

I present @Jorath13 for his Japan BICE 10.43 video AAR because of the following reasons: 1) I still mourn my Japanese AAR. 2) Even though he is using BICE he is explaining how it works and his choices very clear. Some video AARs kind of assume you understand BICE and that's not true. 3) This is very interesting to watch as I have only used HPP - which will crash on me in about year three of the game. 4) I believe this would be his first time on the list. 5) And he has a voice that works. Some voices don't work for watching YouTube games. Trust me. There are some famous YouTubers I won't watch because their voice gets on my nerves.

I hope my choice is valid? :)

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 3Like
Reactions:
  • 3Like
Reactions: