• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There’s probably some jolly jape here about slowed time, a week on Venus taking 4.6 years, so Pip has probably put out an episode of something in the last week, etc, but it’s too early in the morning here to figure it out ... so I’ll leave it at congrats @El Pip :D

• 2Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Congratulations!

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
This was somewhat unexpected to say the least. I take a few days away from the forums due to real life distractions and I win one of the most prestigious awards, maybe I should go away more often? (Is this a hint @coz1 , you can be honest with me old friend).

Thank you to everyone, most of all Coz himself for his continued excellent taste and discernment in nominating winners. It is deeply reassuring to know that my continued slower-than-real-time efforts are appreciated despite Butterfly Effect now having taken considerably longer to write than the time period it claims to cover. Though I suppose this award might actually be for the stunning weaving work in The Kings First Minster, which is perhaps more likely. Either way, it is always good to win an award.
DYAEiOu.gif

I shall luxuriate in this award for the rest of the weekend and announce my successor on Sunday, I am sure people will be able to contain their excitement until then. Thanks again.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congratulations Pippy, brilliant to see your name 'up in lights'.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congratulations.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I've decided to nominate @Le Jones as Writer of the Week, yes he's not technically done much writing this week (that he has posted) but A Royal Perogative remains excellent and something I do look forward to reading when the next chapter arrives. So on the basis of general narrative magnificence and an un-paralled ability to get inside the psychology of a whole range of reviled figures and produce engaging and enthralling writing as a result, I am more than satisified this is richly deserved.

(Also virtually everyone else appears to have won it recently, been even more lax at posting or hasn't been online in ages. I'd have given it to Coz1 for the excellent War of the Roses but giving it back to the person who gave it to me just seemed far too nepotistic. Sorry Coz.)

In any event, let me be the first to congratulate our new winner!

Reactions:
Another excellent choice. Many congratulations Le J!

Reactions:
Congratulations!

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
And excellent choice, @El Pip and you had the good grace to wait a year before Jonesy won the last one. ;)

Truthfully, when I started this back up in 2004 (I was not the originator) I always wanted it to be as much about lengthy dedication to excellent writing (even if it may not have been within the past week) and also embracing new writAARs as a way to invite them to our community. The latter is how I won my first and I'll never forget it.

Also, thanks.

Many congrats, @Le Jones ! Totally deserved!

Reactions:
Congratulations :).

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well chosen @El Pip and warmest congratulations to @Le Jones - very well deserved.

• 1Like
Reactions:
With profound apologies (I am deep into renovating a new home) for my absence of late and for my tardiness in passing this on, I would like to thank those that have congratulated and to honour @Bullfilter - his writing is always excellent and never fails to raise a smile on this correspondent.

Congrats Bullfilter! Well done!

• 1Love
Reactions: