• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well done!

Congratulations to both RedTemplar and G-Force!

(Hopefully the forums will actually let me know when there's been a nomination from now on.)

Congratulations, G-Force!

Congratulations G-Force, nice to see your work rewarded twice! Well deserved :).

Congratulations, chaos_Leader! May this be the first of many!

Congrats G-Force and chaos_Leader. Always great to see a first time winner! Now tell us about yourself. :)

Congratulations chaos_leader :)

Big congratz chaos_leader! Great to see a newcomer being recognized for his (or her) work :).

Holy, whoa. I am so not used to forums being this receptive and reactive. I was hardly expecting so much as a peep let alone awards. Thanks!

Congrats G-Force and chaos_Leader. Always great to see a first time winner! Now tell us about yourself. :)

Not much to tell. I started playing CK2 back in August after hearing about it from my brother. I got the game for myself, and the rest is history, or royally screwed up alternate history as is usually the case.

My nominated ARR, Fuil an Mac Tíre, is actually a kind of a culmination of several play-throughs of CK2 I've hammered at. The goal was to forge a powerful Gaelic/Celtic force out of one of the weakest areas, not just in the CK2 map, but in history as a whole: Ireland. Throughout all of known history, Ireland has pretty much been stepped on and pushed around: first by the Romans, then Vikings, then Normans, then by the English for centuries after. It was really interesting to take little medeval Ireland, and use what little they have to forge a force to be reckoned with, and I wanted to chronicle that ahistorical ascension, especially since it seemed like no one else was doing it at the time.

Anyways, on to business. I was so caught off-guard and unfamiliar with all these extra goodies here that I kind of spaced on what I was supposed to do next.

I nominate orrmy as WitARR of the week for his ARR: My First AAR: The Karlings from Bavaria. This is meant for the week of April 19th (or the 26th if I was a little slow, sorry about that).

AARland is a very welcoming place! :)

Congratulations orrmy!

Congratulations, orrmy! Kindly notify our winner. :)

Hey! Many thanks to all of you, and special thanks again to chaos_Leader for the nomination. Feels great to be chosen by him of all people, as I'm a big fan of his AAR, too.

I'm so honoured to be recognized that early in my "career" as an AAR writer. Actually, I haven't even really started, I'm just reconstructing history from old screenshots and savegames and hope to catch up with my own game next week or so. So, there's lots more to come, and I'm glad there are people out there who like to read it. Makes an almost forty years old married guy feel a bit better about playing video games all day. ;)

I''m going to consider this the award for April the 26th so that I have a while to find my own nominee. I'll report back later this week with my decision.

Reactions:
Congratz orrmy! Another new writAAR with the gift of entertaining people with his/her story! Enjoy your moment of being in the spotlight.

Well dome Orrmy it's a great story and well done on the nomination for your very 1st AAR