• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Who? I've never heard of this "Saithis" ;) all kidding aside, congratulations!

I think Saithis must have a twin or something, I've heard of this name before...

Congratulations!

Congratulations, Saithis!

I've been hearing over and over again about Last Man and Shilling, and since I have a soft spot for Australia anyway, I'm going to have to go take a look! :)

Rensslaer

Congrats Saithis!

Congratulations! I'm enjoying your HOI3 Australia AAR and the new Rome 'something-unpronounceable-but-at-some-point-to-be-Scotland' AAR. And this reminds me I'm remiss in catching up with the Hvides. :eek:o Oh well, added to my to-do list...

Oh you guys, you seem to have developed an addiction to giving me weekly awards! Thanks to everyone for the congratulations and thanks a ton to Fire and Ash for his kind nomination. The words of praise come highly appreciate and it's an honour to be so rewarded by the community. I hope to continue writing at a pace and quality that pleases you all!

Sunday passes and it's time for me to pass this on. There were a lot of AARs I could have chosen and I had a gluttony of picks, really. There are so many writers on the forum worthy of this award I can't easily list them all, so it's always difficult to pick one in particular for the honour.

There are many AARs on this forum that inspire me and fill me with the urge to write again - writers whose tales manage to tie together a great story and gameplay near seamlessly. I have to give out a few honourable mentions because this decision was tough to make, such as to honour Merrick Chances' for his French EU3 AAR, Lords of France: Roads to Enlightenment for his flowing history book passages and excellent gameplay commentary on the side. Tribute can be paid to Alfred Packer for his excellent Wehrmacht News & World Report or the delightful new AAR Mariano's Dream: The Legend of Italian Rus. In the end both of these authors were in my top three for the week, but...only one could go through.

In the end, though, the writer whose works made the greatest impression on me was HobbesMkII, the writer of The Lions of the Garden. I have a soft spot for narratives, admittedly, and Hobbes' AAR does a fantastic job of holding true to the Game of Thrones world it is based in while setting out with characters and new stories in order to make it entirely its own. The world feels rich and alive and the events thoroughly plausible. In my opinion, it is one of the best AARs on this forum and its author well worthy of the WritAAR of the Week award.

Congratulations, HobbesMkII!

Congrats!

Congratulations TheBromgrev!

Congratulations! We can always count on you to help keep Asia interesting.