• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mr. Capiatlist, thank you – great to have seen you keeping AARLand Choice going, and your own AARs, though I guess you’re on kind of a hiatus now, too, yes?

No, things are just slow. The days of my rapid updates are done as I get into modding more and I have to deal with work. Seeing if I cannot fix it.

just a quick thanks to you Rensslaer (although I'd be surprised if you remember) but you were a big help to me years ago when I was learning Victoria. You were one of the first people to give me some encouragement in a few posts I made regarding the game. I credit you for helping me understand how useful, positive and entertaining these forums can be.

Congratulations, Rennslaer! I had no idea you'd only received this award once before: I always assumed, in the back of my mind, that you were one of those steady winners, once a year, if not every couple of months. Goes to show what I know. ;)

It's good to see you writing and popping in here and there - especially knowing how demanding Real Life (oh, that annoying distraction) is. Congratulations again, and I hope your next nod will take less than 8 years to arrive. :)

Very well deserved, my friend! I, too, am very surprised to see how long it's been since you won. Many congratulations, and keep up your writing!

Thanks again, Loki, for this tremendous honor! I'm answering from a hotel room (we're in Texas, visiting relatives). It's HOT here. AND humid.

Mr. Capiatlist: Well, my days of rapid reading are done, too, so I'll try to catch up as you lag. :)

That's great, RobW -- I do vaguely remember. But that's what I really love (and what I really miss) about being an active participant here. I'm trying to get back into that. I'm glad I was able to steer you well!

CanadianCommie: I'm glad it inspired you to do your own AARs! I've been looking trough quite a few, and it looks like you have a couple active.

Stuyvesant: I think you know, but I'll say it again -- your support of me and so many others on the Forum has really been encouraging and sustaining. You don't know how many authors -- young and old -- you're keeping going! :)

TheHyphenated1: Thanks! I still intend to catch up on Weltkriegschaft one of these days. Glad you're still keeping it up too!

All right... Before I pass along the award, I have a sort of Writer of the Week related story.

I used to work as a security guard, and one day I was teamed with another guard in the same building. We'd take turns doing rounds, and I left on rounds when he came back.

While I was gone, he noticed I'd been writing something on the work computer, and saw it said "AAR" (an early update for Fire Warms). He said, "Hey, I know what that is!" and we talked about it after I returned from rounds.

By a weird coincidence I'd ended up teamed with ShawnG1, who wrote 8 EU 2 AARs, including A Vision of Glory (Brandenburg) and The Trouble With the Neighbors (Dutch), and who must have been one of the earliest WritAAR of the Week winners, in Jan 2003.

Anyway... I went looking for AARs which were by those who've not won this award before, who are currently writing, and whose AARs are enticingly interesting.

I want to first put in an honorable mention for Onikujo and his Bucking the Trend, which is entertaining and VERY original. Quite a twist from "normal" AARs. :D

But I will pass the award on to Fire and Ash for his Changing History... Just a Little - A 1936 Afghanistan AAR. A very well written and appointed historybook AAR with attention to political detail (always a big pull for me) where he DARES to invade Persia, and has fun otherwise too!

I played Afghanistan a couple of times in Victoria, so I know it's not an easy country to play!

You should go check it out!

Congratulations Fire and Ash!

Rensslaer

Congratulations, Fire and Ash!

Congrats! :)

good job Fire and Ash. Well deserved!

Oh my god. I never thought I would be awarded with something like this. I've seen some amazing writers and AAR's on this thread and it I consider it a huge honour to be awarded with this.

My thanks to Rensslaer for giving me this award and to all the others who shown me support and such a great time on the Paradox Forum.

Thanks a lot Rensslaer for the award. It means a lot to me.

I understand that I have a choice in the new winner of this award so let me first mention Swistaczek, Glory to Africa - Songhai 5.1 DW AAR. A very well written AAR charting the rise of the Songhai empire. He achieved from humble beginnings an Africa Empire than now spans the world and can challenge any power in Europe. The best part is it hasn't even finished yet.

It was a close call, but in the end I chose Saithis amazing AAR, Last Man and Shilling - Semper Fi HPP AustraliAAR. Saithis writes and engaging story of Australia's course through WW2, from fighting in Asia, France and all the way to the British Isles. As somone who plays a Minor nation a lot I always like to see players pulling off amazing feats with them and this is exactly what you get with Last Man and Shilling.

I recommend everyone to go read this.

Congratulations Saithis!

Fire and Ash.

Who? I've never heard of this "Saithis" ;) all kidding aside, congratulations!