• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you everyone!

First off, sorry for the delay, my job search has been heating up and I've been helping my grandmother get out of the hospital so I haven't had a huge amount of time to read AARs.

Now I've been looking through a lot of my favorite boards to find a writer who's work is excellent and who hasn't yet been acknowledged in the AAR Pantheon. And I found just that looking in the EU4 forum: a new writer, who shows substantial promise both in writing a historybook with a lot of conveyance, and in writing a text which is being created 'in universe' rather than outside by some omniscient AAR god (something that took me years to get). That writer is Konnigratz, and their AAR is One and Eternal: An Account of the Reunification of China

Reactions:
Thank you very much, Merrick! I'm genuinely honoured. Never thought I'd get this, especially not with my first AAR. :D

So many other quality AARs out there to chose from now. Guess I still have a couple of days to decide!

Konnigratz, please choose a successor (now that the forums are back up!)

Been avoiding the forums due to the update, but I have been reading an excellent AAR. An engaging tale of a little Trevisan count and his dynasty's rise to glory. And so, I'll nominate RedTemplar, and his fantastic The Long-Lasting Lombards.

In what I'm assuming is some new forum strangeness, I can't seem to post in the AAR thread itself. If someone else is able to, would they please alert RedTemplar? Silly forum. :p

Edit: Scratch that, sent a message as Enewald said. Silly forum!

Last edited:
Congratulations RedTemplar!
yes, there is some bugs with forum allowances, but you can still message the author / start a conversation with him on his profile.

Reactions:
Well thanks all!! It's been a blast writing the AAR so far, and I'm quite honored to receive the recognition! Same forum permission issue for me -- I can't post anywhere in the AAR forum as of now.. Been dying to do an update or two, but first it has to remember I'm allowed to post in my own thread :p

Well done RedTemplar-richly deserved!

Congratulations, RedTemplar!

Congrats RedTemplar! Looking forward to seeing who wins the next writAAR of the week.

Congratulations, G-Force!