• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Thanks everyone, and especially @Bullfilter! There's a very good reason it's been a while since I won this award, and that's my attempt at setting a permanent record for longest-paused AAR! :D

I'll be back on Wednesday to pass this on to yet another worthy winner!

• 2Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you once again @TheButterflyComposer for the nomination and kind words for Talking Turkey in particular. It will remain going for a little while yet and the CK2 and HOI4 works still have a while to run.

Thank you also to those who have offered their congratulations, it is most appreciated.

With the bits of the forum I habituate just a little quiet at the moment, I was searching for a worthy recipient of the WOTW baton from among those I read and have been posting at the moment. As is often the way, most of these possibilities have won the award within the last six months or so. “This is the way!” :D

But I have one in mind who, on checking, seems to have won this one just once before and that almost ten years ago! This is something I shall now rectify. Also, it is an award that also recognises the ensemble of writAARs who contribute to and support the work of the authAAR.

So <drum roll> I pass this award onto Idhrendur for the collaborative saga The Empire Strikes Back - Part 4! Congrats!

Many congratulations! :D

Congratulations, @Idhrendur!!

Congratulations @Idhrendur.

Congratulations, @Idhrendur!

Thanks again @Bullfilter and everyone else! Keeping with the tradition of giving the award to someone who has not won it in a while, I am handing it off to @Revan86 for the ever-excellent The Lions of Olomouc. Congratulations @Revan86!

• 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Congratulations @Revan86 ! Excellent work, even if I’m very bad at following along. :D

• 3Like
Reactions:
Thanks again @Bullfilter and everyone else! Keeping with the tradition of giving the award to someone who has not won it in a while, I am handing it off to @Revan86 for the ever-excellent The Lions of Olomouc. Congratulations @Revan86!

Thank you, @Idhrendur! This is an honour indeed.

And thank you also to @Bullfilter, @HistoryDude, @Midnite Duke and @DensleyBlair, and to my other readers as well! Glad to have you all on board as we cruise toward the end of the ride.

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Many congratulations to both @Idhrendur and now to @Revan86 for deserved recognition! Life has been a bit nutso for me of late so sorry I did not get the thread title changed over as quickly as I like but thankfully @Qorten has been Qorten on the spot of late. :)

Well done both!!

• 7Like
Reactions:
Is there anyway to search AAR by game? Currently I am looking for HOI2 AARs , either vanilla, AOD or DH. Or failing that if someone could point me to latest one that would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Is there anyway to search AAR by game? Currently I am looking for HOI2 AARs , either vanilla, AOD or DH. Or failing that if someone could point me to latest one that would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
Go to AARs thread then HoI3 thread then HoI2 thread. There are over 100 pages of HoI2 AARs (20 to a page) with @Nathan Madien starting one in January. Hopefully, you can find one to interest you. Please comment more often.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Go to AARs thread then HoI3 thread then HoI2 thread. There are over 100 pages of HoI2 AARs (20 to a page) with @Nathan Madien starting one in January. Hopefully, you can find one to interest you. Please comment more often.
Ahh thanks. Didn't think of looking under HOI3 for HOI2 content.
Anyone considered making a pdf of their AAR's? Its quite difficult to read a continous AAR on the pdx forums.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Ahh thanks. Didn't think of looking under HOI3 for HOI2 content.
Anyone considered making a pdf of their AAR's? Its quite difficult to read a continous AAR on the pdx forums.

If you want to avoid all comments etc, you can switch to the mode that just shows the authors posts.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey guys, sorry about this, but I've been swamped at work the past few days. I'm about four weeks behind on grading and I've got finals in the course I'm taking for my master's. Is there a procedure for what happens when this is the case? I'm happy to hand back the choice of nominee to @coz1, @DensleyBlair or @Idhrendur (if they don't mind choosing another nominee for WritAAR of the Week).

• 2Like
Reactions:
The Butterfly Effect is a good one, of course.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It generally just gets opened up for a first-come-first-served pick in such cases.

Reactions:
It generally just gets opened up for a first-come-first-served pick in such cases.
Yeah, it's definitely not like there aren't worthy AARs out there. It's just that right now there are some kind of hard limits on my time. If you're willing to wait a couple days, come Friday probably I could make a well considered nomination.

Reactions:
Yeah, it's definitely not like there aren't worthy AARs out there. It's just that right now there are some kind of hard limits on my time. If you're willing to wait a couple days, come Friday probably I could make a well considered nomination.
I'd think that would be fine, @Revan86 . Whenever possible, it is preferred for the most recent recipient to pass it on. If not, go ahead and throw it open to first come first serve. :)

• 4Like
Reactions:
Take care of yourself, @Revan86! Hope you get some good down time after the hard work. :)

• 2Like
Reactions: