• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Many thanks, TheAnguishedOne, Nikolai, Qorten and Gotya64!

Okay, time to pass the buck. I should explain my choice first.

I considered two AARs first before deciding on a third. First was The Poraj Identity by fabiolundiense. It rides in that narrow but (by me) highly-appreciated category of narrative AARs that are clearly humourous and referential, but still a real AAR rather than a spoof. I've tried to write one of those before with such limited success that it never saw the light of day, so it's always fun to see one which is well-written enough to stay on the rails. The only problem? fabiolundiense finished it just recently. Giving it WritAAR of the Week at this point defeats the raison d'être of the award.

Secondly, I thought about The Queen of Cities by RossN. It's one of those AARs that you lurk on and shamelessly plunder from for its plentiful ideas and colour when you're writing your own Austurskaginn Overture which also happens to be taking place in a Byzantine city, even though it's part of your Danish-English Bloodsnake and Battlewolf AAR. (What, that's just me?) Problem? Well, it's already won WritAAR of the Week this year. So even though I thought it would readily deserve another one, this one gets an οὐχί, I guess.

So...

I'm nominating fabiolundiense's new CKII AAR, Rule, Rohannia! The first-person, train-of-thought, occasionally fourth-wall-breaking perspective adds real colour, and is remarkably well-done. I'd like to see it continue, and again, this is a style of writing I particularly want to do more to encourage.

Congratulations, fabiolundiense! Take a bow, and keep up the entertaining writing!

Thank you very much, everybody, especially Revan86 for nominating my AAR. I don't know what to say. It's true I'm taking a humorous tone with this Breton AAR -- always a risky business since humor is a cultural thing, not everyone finds humor in the same stories. I will certainly work hard to continue !

Well done Fabiolundiense One of the best writers on here without doubt

Thanks, everyone, it's really good to know there are people who enjoy these gameplay write-ups, and who aren't shy about RP or a History Book approach, or whatever style they fancy. I certainly enjoy reading about other players' games !

So, on to this week's nominee.

I would like to nominate JokerDeSilva, a first-time AAR writer. You have to be brave to start one, and even braver to choose which format you can do -- first-person or not, funny, role-play, how much detail, etc. The first posts are already exciting ! Joker’s AAR is called "Rise of the Dragon - A Gwynedd/Wales AAR" and can be found here.

Good luck with the game, Joker !

Last edited:
Congratulations!

Congratulations, JokerDeSilva!

Congrats Joker, Great AAR so far.