• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There is no rule, per se, but I would tend to agree in principle. However, sometimes there is a writer who has been providing consistently great writing over time that has yet to be honored. And on those occasions, there is certainly nothing wrong with making an exception and offering the baton to them for the week. To be sure, that was how this award started and thus, it should remain as a way to honor both exceptional work done throughout the past week as well as those long-standing members who constantly offer up incredible and engaging material. :)

Which reminds me...we are just about due for another one. ;)

Last edited:
I've not forgotten about this - I'll just have to give it a little more consideration. I haven't been online since Saturday, y'see.

Vincent Julien said:
I've not forgotten about this - I'll just have to give it a little more consideration. I haven't been online since Saturday, y'see.

No worries. I loved the update, and your award is now fully justified in my eyes. ;)

Vincent Julien said:

It's all good since it give me time to congratulate you old sport. :)

Do I have to PM the person before I post it here?

Vincent Julien said:

Congratulations VJ! :)

You should present the award to one of your sockpuppets - then you can give your award back to you!
ja.gif

Vincent Julien said:
What, give warning before you strike?!

What's the fun in that? :D

Rensslaer

Vincent Julien said:
Nope, just say who it is and we'll take care of the rest. ;)

2Coats said:
Nicely done VJ. I suggest you give it to Allenby! ;)

Indeed it forced you into updating, it may do the same to him.

2Coats said:
Nicely done VJ. I suggest you give it to Allenby! ;)

I have already had it once or twice. I do not think that I would be allowed to take it again - someone else should be able to bask in the glory.
angrynod.gif

coz1 said:
Nope, just say who it is and we'll take care of the rest. ;)

Well, in that case, I go for ComradeOm for his Cyprus AAR. A well-executed, solid, nicely presented piece from a writer who I'd like to see more of in the future. It's been one of the few new historical AAR's which has really stood out for me lately.

Great choice and very well desevered. I caught up with his AAR just as it ended and it was quite good indeed.

Congrats, ComradeOm! And because you've been picked on a Thursday, you can hold it for a little extra time so we can get back to a Sunday to Sunday week (easier on me to update the first post and such.) Try and pick your successor on or close to the 14th. :)

Congratulations ComradeOm :)

Congratulations ComradeOm!

I have completely missed your AAR but what little I just read was real quality. I might check your AAR with closer look in near future.

Outstanding choice! Many congrats, ComradeOm!

Does this make me one of Vincent Julien's sockpuppets? :eek:

Seriously though, this is quite the unexpected honour. Many thanks to VJ for both this and his comments during the AAR. The same must be said for all those who left invaluable feedback on my first foray into AARland. I tend to be my own worst critic so all the support really helped enormously.

And now that I've gotten the taste of AARs you can be sure to see plenty more work from me in the future. Hopefully that's a good thing :)