• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Now there's a nice Christmas present. :) Congrats Vincent Julien. I am way far behind in your work and mean to catch up time and time again. It is great stuff. And when updating the front post, I was shocked...shocked...that this was only the first time for you being named WoW. :eek: It's an honor too long in coming and very well deserved!

Many congratulations Vincent Julian. Alas, I must declare myself to be among the ranks of those ununitiated to your main work - but your efforts in Eagles of Avalon show this is so very much deserved.

Congratulations to you sir! Prussian Moderation is a fine work and your award is well deserved and long overdue!

And Happy Holidays - Season's Greetings - Merry Christmas!
May peace and joy be yours in this season!

This is well deserved, congratulations VJ:)

Very well deserved! Congrats muchly, VJ!

Well, that was certainly unexpected. I find it mildly incredible that 'Prussian' keeps attracting new, and ever more dedicated readers. Astonishing. Not really that much I can say, except thank you all, and an especial thanks to all the fervent and dedicated fans who keep on reading and commenting. I'm sure they know who they are.

Aside from that, it'd probably be worthwhile for me to post what I wrote last year, when 'Prussian' was featured in the showcase:

Perhaps I should provide a 'taster' here for the uninitiated. The basic premise of my AAR is that Friedrich Ebert is assisnated in 1920 by a disgruntled ex-Sparticist, and Erich Ludendorff is elected to replace him as Reichsprasident as a 'coalition of the right' candidate - much like Hindenburg was IRL in 1925. The difference is, of course, whereas Hindeburg was a very passive nationalist President, Lundendorff is a much more active one. There are some other notable points at which the story diverges, but this is the main one.

I can't really say what the inspiration for this AAR came from exactly, but my inspiration in terms of writing style and quality has always been mainly Yogi and Mettermrck, both of whom have always exceeded themselves whenever history book style AARs have been attempted.

I suppose the actual inspiration for the main theme of the story itself comes from the fact that there has always been a clear line in many AARs between 'us' and 'them', if not actually 'good' and 'evil.' You are always generally given a sense that 'our' side are generally - despite problems - unstopable, intelligent, and politically competent, if not actually on the side of all that is good in the world. I've never really favoured that. I've always like to explore dystopias and the extent of how bad the world can go. I suppose, again, Yogi and Mett are an inspiration here. Their AARs always have that kind of moral ambiguity in them. I suppose my AAR is taking this to an extreme, in which a European war may be one fought without democracies, and without clear alliances, and with big internal tensions amongst the political players in Germany. I can't say that my AAR will have a happy ending, because I seriously doubt that is possible with this scenario, even if it was desirable for purposes of exciting narrative.

So yes, again, thanks to all for the support shown.

Congratulations. Great stuff. :)

congrats VJ on a well deserved award

Congratulations, Vincent Julien!

You know I'm a huge fan of your work. I vote for Prussian Moderation just about every time the AARLand Choice comes around. Most excellent work!

Rensslaer

Never read your work so far, Vincent, which does not prevent sincere congratulations. Enjoy your week!

Er... Not to rain on VJ's parade (I've been following Prussian Moderation from the beginning), but shouldn't a WritAAR of the Week write something during the week?

Update, and congratulations! :D

dublish said:
Er... Not to rain on VJ's parade (I've been following Prussian Moderation from the beginning), but shouldn't a WritAAR of the Week write something during the week?

Update, and congratulations! :D
There is no such rule. Not writen nor unwritten.

Congratulations.