• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks one and all for your kind congratulations, and thanks to @Mob_Cleaner for the nomination.

I had to think long and hard on who I'd like to pass this on to (and I've decided to pass it on early as I'm busy all this weekend so I'll probably forgot - old age and all that...) but I've settled on my decision.

My attention has been drawn to a new AAR where the authAAR has done a brilliant job of creating convincing characters, manufacturing tension and creating an immersive world. A recent update saw a brilliant description of a battle - something that I personally think is pretty hard to do - so I therefore happily pass the WritAAR of the week award to @AlexanderPrimus for his excellent The Last Goth . Congratulations, mate. You deserve it!

Congrats and welcome back @AlexanderPrimus

You've now entered the WotW Hall of Fame as one of 19 writAARs that have received this awaard 4 times or more, so double congrats actually!

Many congrats, sir! Awesome to see you back in the fold and offering such excellent prose!

Thank you all very much for your kind words, and a special thank you to @iain_a_wilson for this award. This is quite an honor!

I feel humbled to join the WotW Hall of Fame, among whose ranks are many whom I look up to and admire.

The support and kind encouragement which this community provides, whether to aspiring AuthAARs or returning "veterans," is truly second-to-none.

Last edited:
The time has come at last to pass this honor to another worthy individual. The AuthAAR I have chosen deftly interweaves his prose with a series of screenshots from the game, masterfully crafting a narrative about the intrigue wrought across the British Isles by the Anglo-Norse descendants of the infamous Ragnar Loðbrok. Although this is his first AAR, he is dedicated to his tale and has been updating consistently for a year and a half. Please head over and check out his excellent Whiteshirts of England: A History of the Hvitserk Dynasty of Jorvik AAR. I haven't entirely caught up yet, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Congratulations @tpmcinty! Thou art the man!

Congrats @tpmcinty, your AAR is one of my favourites

Congratulations!

An excellent choice and extremely well deserved! Many congrats for this honor, @tpmcinty , as it is earned!