• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats Hajji!

Congratulations Hajji Giray, well done :)

Well done, Haji!

TeeWee said:
Currently, his primary work is Debts Unpaid: A Guy Marlborough Mystery, a murder mystery set in Venezuala, 1902. A mystery full of spies and intrigue. It's updates are easy to read, but at the same time full of all the little and big plots that good mysteries are known for. And besides his work purely as writAAR for that AAR, he also puts his efforts into great community efforts like Guess-the-Author.
Excellent choice TeeWee, and congratulations Hajji!

Congratulations!

Congrats Hajji

Many congrats, Hajji. This is well deserved and too long in coming!

Wow! I really didn't expect this. :D Thank you all, I'm honored. :)

Amusing that this award should be bestowed upon me after a week without any new AAR updates, and during another week of no updates! :D Maybe that's the formula for success. On a more serious note, thanks to TeeWee and to all for this honor (guess who forgot they had won it before...) and for your congratulations as well; hearty thanks to a few of my readers who have supplied valuable historical information and who have (knowingly or not) spotted my plotting mistakes, and to many others, for reading and enjoying the story along with me as it unfolds in some pretty unexpected directions. Thanks in addition to stnylan, whose name I shall no longer pronounce as one word, and to Director, although if I could have foreseen that kind of punnery, I would have named our sleuthing hero Guy Beazley. :D (Or maybe not.)

Also a hearty congratulations to two authors who are not being honored this week, but have been recently. Judas Maccabeus, Secret Master and I are the only three authors in AARland history to win the "WritAAR of the Week" honor in both the year 2002 (the first year the award was handed out) and the year 2007. I don't think any of us expected to be among the forum's longevity champions - that's five or six years of writing from each of us - but here we are. We are a uniquely exclusive group even in a forum of enormous accomplishment, and I'm stunned and honored to have joined in. Here's hoping we all win again in 2012.

Lots of work to do this week - four papers to write and two exams - so reading and possibly (if there's time) writing in AARland will be a most welcome relief. So will sleeping. This weekend I shall unveil our new WritAAR and also post a couple more updates before everybody starts wondering why TeeWee would give this honor to such a lazy bum. :)

Unfortunately, my computer is now broken :( , but before it crashed I was perfectly pleased to ponder the problem of passing the torch to another worthy author, and during prolonged probing perchance perceived an AAR and author dedicated to a preposterous purpose. This is not the first time Farquharson has attempted to conquer all the provinces beginning with the letter P, but now he does so in Crusader Kings with his hilarious (and assiduously alliterative) AAR P is for Passau. Like his previous alphabetical attempt (P is for Portugal), Farquharson is out to both control and convert all the provinces beginning with P.

The AAR is a joy to read, as its readers well know, not just for its humor but for an unusually elegant mode of history-book style in more recent updates. Farquharson's style is clean, clear, and eloquent, spiced with humor and with an odd, lovable goal in mind. In addition, continuing our "anniversary" theme (thanks TeeWee), his last WritAAR of the Week honor came four years ago this month. (Can that be right? Wow!)

So a hearty congratulations to our WritAAR of the Week, Farquharson ~ and keep up the terrific work! :)

Congratulations Farquharson !

Congratulations Farquharson!

Congratulations Farq. Well deserved as always.

Congratulations. Always love your AARs.