• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations @eoncommander! I'm glad Superior Arguments is back.

• 3Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I would like to use this opportunity to honor a very talented writAAR who has recently returned to activity and given the community a great update about the role of humanity in a universe very much not dominated by humans.

So, it is my great honor to pass this award to @eoncommander for Superior Arguments: A Stellaris AAR

Congratulations @eoncommander! I'm glad Superior Arguments is back.

Congratulations @eoncommander !

Rensslaer

Thank you all so so much for this honor! It means so much that, even after a long time away, my work is remembered and valued by this great community.

• 2Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you @El Pip and to everyone else for honoring my work this week!

I'm not really caught up on any AARs -- I haven't been reading for a while. So I'll allow someone else to nominate the next WritAAR of the Week.

• 3Like
Reactions:
If folks don't mind, I'd like to nominate @Macavity116 for this award. He hasn't had this notice in more than a year and he is certainly deserving for The Broken Gates (Last Days of the Emerald Isle) which is a very interesting and experimental CK3/Stellaris mashup. It's also one of the more popular AARs on the Forum from what I can tell. Plus he's updating it furiously. I always think someone who has updated in the past week should be honored.

I hope folks agree with this choice.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Belated congratulations to @eoncommander and congratulations to @Macavity116! The Broken Gates is indeed a rollercoaster. It sits squarely at the intersection of historical fiction, fantasy, and sci-fi.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Great job @Macavity116! I've been enjoying seeing where this story will go!

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations @Macavity116!

I am still attempting to catch up... :D

Rensslaer

• 2Like
Reactions:
If folks don't mind, I'd like to nominate @Macavity116 for this award. He hasn't had this notice in more than a year and he is certainly deserving for The Broken Gates (Last Days of the Emerald Isle) which is a very interesting and experimental CK3/Stellaris mashup.

Congrats @Macavity116 for building a roller coaster ride in CK without abandoning your SciFi roots!

The Broken Gates is indeed a rollercoaster. It sits squarely at the intersection of historical fiction, fantasy, and sci-fi.

Great job @Macavity116! I've been enjoying seeing where this story will go!

A fine choice, congratulations indeed @Macavity116

Congratulations, @Macavity116

Many thanks, everyone! A promised, a new chapter of The Broken Gates was published quickly after @Chac1's nomination. Then my real life job decided to throw everything including the kitchen sink at my head. To say this has been a whirlwind week is a genuine understatement.

I am deeply humbled by the incredible amount of interest people have shown in my experimental metafiction, which is only three chapters old. (four by the time this post goes up) I've absolutely fallen in love with the idea of a writer interacting directly with the characters and world they've created and I'm so happy my exploration of the topic being well received.

If I survive the CK3-style murder plot being directed against me by my own protagonists, I'll make sure to do my normal "had off the awAARd one day early" thing, so keep an eye on this thread Saturday for a new winner!

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Well done, @Macavity116! It is always wonderful to see your work and talent recognized.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Reactions: