• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I would like to nominate @Bullfilter, who I believe somehow has never won this awAARd before.

He has three AARs to his name, Talking Turkey: Alternate History from 1936 which I must confess I do not know.

I do know however France: A Quick and Dirty HoI3 AAR - 1936 Start where we have been treated to WW2 sitzkrieg, and a newbie AAR for CK2 in Blut und Schlacht (Blood and Battle): A Learner's Saga , which I think is fast becoming one of the best tutorials that exists in how to play a pagan in CK2.

One more voice added to the list. His huge total-contribution, is all of very high-quality.

To highlight his first AAR, simply stated; Talking-Turkey is Epic defined by much more than length of story but <imo> it is a wide-angle lens, covering HoI3-mechanics, history, alt-history, humor, espionage, suspense, the use of graphics in various ways for info, fun and/or flavor and last but not least, he is trying...to win with Turkey. He already has won; well, his readers anyway.;)

A very richly deserved winner and, as stnylan says, very surprising he hasn't won it already given the quality of his works.

Congratulations indeed @Bullfilter

Many congratulations. All of @Bullfilter’s stuff is of the highest quality. A marvellous mix of narrative, historical and gameplay. Can’t believe he’s not won before but well deserved.

My congratulations @Bullfilter .

Many congratulations @Bullfilter!

Congratulations!

He's doing another one as well? Hang on...

Indeed, many congratulations @Bullfilter!:) I'll echo the chorus above: it was about time that you won this awAARd. Keep up the great work, and I'll see if I can get back on track with reading.

Congratulations @Bullfilter!

One more voice added to the list. His huge total-contribution, is all of very high-quality.

To highlight his first AAR, simply stated; Talking-Turkey is Epic defined by much more than length of story but <imo> it is a wide-angle lens, covering HoI3-mechanics, history, alt-history, humor, espionage, suspense, the use of graphics in various ways for info, fun and/or flavor and last but not least, he is trying...to win with Turkey. He already has won; well, his readers anyway.;)

Sorry, I didn't know that I was supposed to nominate someone and I was away from the site as I was busy with work.

Many thanks to all of you for your very kind words and support - and many fine writAARs among you, many of whose works I read with great pleasure. :D

I have an idea of who I will select as the next writAAR - but it is often a difficult choice and I will finalise and post that tomorrow, after I’ve done the recent recipients check and agonised over my shortlist one last time. It may be a day or so earlier than the one-week deadline perhaps, but someone else can take over the limelight. ;)

I just wanted to use this post to thank those who had offered their congratulations since my initial response to stnylan’s original nomination. And let the mods know I’m on to it.;)

So thanks once again - as others say of these awards and just commentAARs in general, this is a fine and supportive on-line community and it really helps writAARs keep writing. And providing us all a great variety of excellent reading material. :)

It may be a day or so earlier than the one-week deadline perhaps, but someone else can take over the limelight. ;)
Deadline is actually Sunday/Monday, so you're in the clear - barely. ;)

Deadline is actually Sunday/Monday, so you're in the clear - barely. ;)
Ok - I guess my receipt of it must have been a day or two past the previous deadline :). Either way, tomorrow morning (my time) should satisfy the requirement :D. For, now, I bid you all goodnight, having just watched Roger Federer win the Australian Open again!

OK, my nomination for WritAAR of the Week is @prominences. Their still relatively new The Red Crown: a sAARdinian Tale was nominated as the Weekly Showcase AAR earlier this month, and they were nominated as Character Writer of the week in December. That tells you something, to start with. This authAAR can write! They also published again in the last week, which I also think is important for this award (ie currency). So, all that together prompts me to pass the baton on to Sardinia and the world of Perdu(s)! :D

So, I hope these awards encourage the author to make this AAR a stayer, and for people to get on board and read it. Congratulations, @prominences. :)

Last edited:
Congratulations!

It is indeed a good story and AAR (especially the characters) and deserves the three awards it's gotten.

Holy crap, did I get another award? I must be doing something right for once in my life...anyway, thank you all so much! All this positive feedback is really appreciated; it keeps me motivated to keep producing (what is hopefully) quality content.

Holy crap, did I get another award? I must be doing something right for once in my life...anyway, thank you all so much! All this positive feedback is really appreciated; it keeps me motivated to keep producing (what is hopefully) quality content.
You’re welcome mate. Keep it up!