• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Cognrats, Apelstav! :)

Congratulations!

Congratulations, Apelstav! Well deserved.

Hey, sorry for being a few hours late with this, but here we go:

Having had the fortune of reading around a lot only a few weeks prior due to receiving the BCWoW-award I had already a few candidates in mind early in the week - settling which one was to be nominated was, of course, not an easy task any way since there's a lot of really good AARs out there. In the end I had to settle for one, however, and that one is Vive La Commune! by Andropov 123. Vive La Commune! is a relatively young AAR dealing with the very interesting scenario "(What) ...if France, not Russia was the first to fall under far-left rule(?)", a question I believe most who are interested in the upheavals of the mid 19th century have asked ourselves. So anyway, big congrats to Andropov123!

P.S And once more big thanks to Stratagyfan and all congratulations!

Congratulations Andropov123!

Congrats, Andropov123!

Congrats, Andropov123!

unfortunately it appears as if Andropov123 is not in a position to pass this award on. So to keep it on the move ... wait a second.

Our new Writer of the Week incredibly last won this in 17 October 2004. Since then has probably written more long standing AARs than anyone else on the forum including some classics of their forums such as 'Fire Warms the Northern Lands' and has recently restarted an AAR that had sat dormant for 4 years (a warning to all of us who abandon AARs unfinished). His complete writings can be found here. Add on various strategy manuals for a range of Paradox games and we have some-one who truely meets the criteria for Writer of the Week.

Some of you may have guessed who I'm discussing, if not, then please welcome

Rensslaer, our new writer of the week (in theory from 22 July).

Very well deserved congrats Rensslaer! As I've mentioned before, Sforza was the first AAR I ever read here, so you're clearly a great writAAR or I wouldn't have stayed here on the forums! ;)

very well deserved!...Congratulations Rensslaer

Congratulations Rensslaer! I'm surprised that it's been that long since you last time won this award

I daresay it's difficult to find a writer more deserving than Rensslaer; congratulations!

Very well deserved, Rensslaer! About time you won this award again after so many years. And now is of course a very good time as you're reviving all your old unfinished AARs. Just the thing to spur you on! ;)

Wow, Loki! Sure are scraping the bottom of the barrel for this one! :p

Quite a surprise after all these years, I'm not exaggerating! :D Thank you!

I guess when I last won this award I was on page 20 of Fire Warms, which eventually reached 164 pages.

It's true, I've begun updating no fewer than 4 of my ongoing AARs this summer -- and as you noted, my Roman Civil War AAR hasn't even been active in 4 years! But I was a little embarrassed to even show my face without an update this month, so just for you I've posted a new update in Sforza, in the EU III forum! :)

My main focus, recently, has actually been on HOI 3 AARs. I have 3 currently unfinished, though Locarno hasn’t been updated recently (I’ll get to it – just not yet). The good news is both Kriegsgefahr (an attempt at a peaceful Germany which turns hot, but with a twist) and Imperio Novo (my old Axis-Portugal stemwinder) updated in June.

I really liked it when I had a lot of time to post, update, and keep up with other AARs. Many of you know my time has been quite constricted lately, because I’m writing a book, I’m also involved in US political stuff, and as if that weren’t enough I have a very demanding “real” job that is requiring more attention lately than a mere 40 hours a week. Fortunately, what free time I do get often goes into these AARs – it’s my getting away from it all time.

Congratulations to recent winners before me! I’ve been trying to pop in when I can for those who I know, but so many of the talented writers these days are new to me – before I pass this on I have some serious reading to do!

This will be a good spur to me – not only to get me kick-started into getting more AAR updates done (Kriegsgefahr has one about ready to post), but also to re-familiarize myself with our recently emerging stars.

Thanks again, to Loki100 and to everyone who has congratulated me! Malurous, you do me great honor! Mr. Capiatlist, thank you – great to have seen you keeping AARLand Choice going, and your own AARs, though I guess you’re on kind of a hiatus now, too, yes? Robw963, thank you! And Wave, thanks for keeping the Rome forum lively, still! :) Avindian and Qorten, thanks for all the support and comments you guys have provided over many, many years and many AARs!

I’ll pop back in shortly to pass this along – Loki, did you say I need to pass this on by the 22nd?

Rensslaer

Last edited: