• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats Phoenix Dace! :)

Congratulations Phoenix Dace :)

Congrats, Phoenix. An award well deserved.

Well, I have decided to pass on this award a couple days early, as it was passed to me a couple days early. I had a hard time picking the recipient, but once I came upon the AAR in question, the one that set my mind, I knew instantly who it had to be. Reading through the rest of it, my mind was made up.

This author is someone who has been a member of AARLand for far longer than me, and indeed far longer than nearly all of us. He has written countless AARs, of wide and diverse styles, and excelled at them all. Although I am one who never has enough time to keep up with all the AARs I would like to, this is one author who consistently impresses me whenever I come across one of his AARs in my occasional browsing and read through some updates of. I am always impressed especially by the diversity of his writing styles, and his ability not only to write so fluently, but also to make the ordinary day-to-day events of a Paradox game extraordinary.

Aside from his actual writing, this is also someone who is one of AARLand's most prolific commentators, always there to encourage new (and old!) writers to strive for their best. I have always been impressed, once again, with his ability to keep up with so many AARs and still keep them straight in his head! Finally, on looking at the list in the first post, I noticed he had only won this award twice, and the latest was over a year and a half ago. So, without further ado, your new WritAAR of the Week is...

stnylan

In particular, the AAR I referred to in my opening paragraph was Chronicles of the de Warenne family, a Crusader Kings - Deus Vult AAR, and one that I feel perfectly exemplifies the qualities that are so prevalent in stnylan's writing which I mentioned above. Although sadly over now thanks to technical issues (as with so many other AARs) it is still an excellently-written AAR, and the one that made up my mind.

Congratulations, my friend. I can't think of anyone more deserving.

Last edited:
Great choice! Welcome to the 3-timers club, stnlyan. :D

Many congrats for this, sir! :)

One of the elite writers of the AARland, well deserved!

Congratulations , Lewis ! Well done !

Congratulations stnylan! Chronicle writing is hard to pull of so that it's not dreadfully dull but you manage to do so and more. Hopefully you'll have another project going soon. :)

Congrats Stnylan! You know that I have been onboard with the story, so I can say with certainty that this is richly deserved. Great job.

congratulations stnylan! While I've not really read much of your work, your reputation precedes you. And your strong presence here is a great boon to our community.

Congratulations and enjoy the accolade!