• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Snake IV

46 Badges
Sep 24, 2005
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome

bhu1rs9.gif

Bhutan takes on the world

bhu2mh4.gif

Let us see in which inhuman situation I have put myself in this time. This is what Bhutan has, crappy as god made it. Three out of seven provinces do not even recognize that they border Bhutan.

bhu3aj7.gif

This is my closest neighbours. I hate them already.

bhu4fk3.gif

These guys I don’t seem to ever get rid of.

bhu5pw1.gif

And even if some are far away, new ones might turn out to be a pain in my Bhut.

bhu6ak1.gif

Tibet, being the only nation around that isn’t or doesn’t play for protection to the maffi, eh, Britain is the least, eh, only non-suicidal victim around. Tibet has been clever enough to figure out that if you should be a backwater mountainous nation, you can as well benefit from the mountains. Although there is three ways in. Nothing of this matter thought as Tibet has a bigger army than Bhutan and Britain would just come along and take it all in case of war.

bhu7dp6.gif

This is my government. As I am Bhutan I presume they are all very bad so I will exchange as many as possible.

bhu8xz0.gif

Done.

bhu9uz7.gif

Here are the current forces of Bhutan for anyone interested. The king and his housekeeper. Tibet has in comprehension also the ruler’s wife armed. Or isn’t the ruler of Tibet a half year old baby? I smell something fishy. Wait a minute, Bhutan doesn’t know about fish! Emergency, take back the government.

bhu8xz0.gif

Well I,…..
….
….
My chief of staff is a man with moustache and a dress? With all other military guys from Britain he is apparently the biggest military genius Bhutan has produced. I want my money back

Last edited:
Welcome people to the second installment of the series World war II in colour.

As I promsied almost two years ago, here is the follower of World war II in colour, an analphabets AAR , as Bhutan. I've not check the HoI forum very much lately, so I don't know if there's any other Bhutanese AARs out there, but when I decided upon Bhutan two years ago i kno that there wern't though. The reason why the AAR didn't turn up until now is that I had as aim to make the enitre thing before I published the first update. Of course this lead to me forgetting about it all the time, and to date I have only made 10 updates. Now I finally put this out, so i would remember it and work once in a while on it. What you can see right now is maretial more than one year old, so there might be a reference or two to my old AAR, but never mind that.

PS. This style might seem like a balant ripp off of Knud Knýtling. While Knud is one of the most brilliant AARs to find, I'm not the ripp off type. My old AAR using the same style outdates Knud.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Do not underestimate the spirit of the Bhutanese people! You may do great things on your path!

yak_276x280.jpg

Workhorse of the legendary Household Division.
Believed by leading Bhutanese military thinker
Namgyal Bahadur to be essential in mobile warfare
in the future

Last edited:
I don't think there have been any Bhutan AARs (for HOi2), this is a first.

/subscribed, I loved the first one and this ought to be good.

rcduggan said:
I don't think there have been any Bhutan AARs (for HOi2), this is a first.

/subscribed, I loved the first one and this ought to be good.

Ts, ts, ts ... you, sir, seem to forget Battleships for Bhutan!

Battleships for Bhutan was for HoI1 ;)

If it's alright with you, Snake, I've done the latest update of my AAR in the style of yours, in your honour. Let me know if that's okay.

Keep up the good work, btw :D

Morpheus506 said:
Battleships for Bhutan was for HoI1 ;)

My bad. The year just go by so quickly. :D

First and foremost, thank you to everyone for thier nice comments!

And to answer some specific statements:

You're making an AAR Alexus? Why have I not been informed? (yes. go ahead)

I have Englishmen in my goverment, and they're bound to stay. Why? Well, five people and a pile of rock didn't make for an entire goverment, so I had to outsource (meaning: there were only one guy I could change. I did so, and showed it in update #1, but I belive that part was unclear. I felt it was anyhow)

That's one fine pic of a vehicle for spearhead tactics. Say, isn't that my capital in the background?

And now, update. I will not supply you with one a day in the future, but for now I need some momentum.

bhu11ia6.gif

A part of my cunning plan is to get some army units adapted to the area around Bhutan, as what we know now is pretty much is what Britain told us was good in the Hundred years war. The sad part is that this is the technological area Bhutan knows the most about.

bhu12mc2.gif

Bhutan War Collage isn’t much war nor collage so I ask Britain for some help. They’re not very keen; they must fear us becoming too strong.

bhu13od1.gif

As mountain divisions require 15 manpower it will take 500 days until I can begin constructing one. I make myself ready for quite some thumb rolling.

bhu14qx6.gif

Britain tells us their king has died. We tell them to excuse us for a moment; so they are not present while we dance the dance of victory.

bhu15pi5.gif

While stuff happens for other people, we continue to roll our thumbs.

bhu16ys9.gif

And continue

bhu17rv1.gif

And continue

bhu18xe8.gif

Canada is nice and gives us some blueprints. Give us a couple of years and we will be ready to face the Great War whenever it comes.

bhu19hp5.gif

After a while we have stuff enough so that the British greed extends the British fear. I’m sure Nepal doesn’t have anything of
this.

bhu20dd1.gif

Britain offers us some stuff for other stuff. It is not like Bhutan will ever lack or need either so why not?

Last edited:
originally posted by Snake IV:
After a while we have stuff enough so that the British greed extends the British fear. I’m sure Nepal doesn’t have anything of this.

I've heard of even more valuable assets! Rumor is that they got hold of a special breed of Yak, fearsome yet easy to control for their masters! Their use is inspired by the Bhrakinlala Yak of the Kyrgyz! Keep in mind that their existance kan disturb the balance of power in the region. :(

Last edited:
It's been a long time since I read a Snake IV AAR - I look forward to it.

Originally posted by Snake IV:
That's one fine pic of a vehicle for spearhead tactics. Say, isn't that my capital in the background?

No, this is your capital:

z11.jpg

What you see here is the luxurious Royal Palace.

Last edited:
Mangudai said:
No, this is your capital:

*snip*

No, it's not. He doesn't possess such advanced vehicles.