• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The title of this mod to me begs the question; is any aspect of this mod somehow patterned after the magnificent boardgame by ADG in which I cut my teeth on? I read the Martha Byrd book, but now see there are other, perhaps more detailed history books by the same title. The forward I remember gets the title from a speech by Hitler.

Last edited:
The mod is dead :( a pity, since there is no good WWI mod for DH I put a lot of hope in it

Denying it would be hypocritical, though I'd say it's rather in a deep coma. After months of difficulties with modding the map my motivation is gone and despite the unexpected update of Jamie's Map Utility, I feel unable to get it back in a proper timeframe. Furthermore, Rhysaxiel has now other priorities and is not available anymore.

Denying it would be hypocritical, though I'd say it's rather in a deep coma. After months of difficulties with modding the map my motivation is gone and despite the unexpected update of Jamie's Map Utility, I feel unable to get it back in a proper timeframe. Furthermore, Rhysaxiel has now other priorities and is not available anymore.
So don't change the map... that's ok. The things to fix are (inho):
1- the weakness of Germany;
2- semi-historical decision ( for example Germany decides not to attack Belgium).
I can help if you need: I have experience with hoi blacker Ice

First thing is WAD: the mod was designed to work with a completely new map which was to show only Europe, with a few provinces to make for the rest of the world. Due to technical difficulties, the map was never completed. Meanwhile, the first versions of the mod were done with DH's vanilla map. To stay true to the mod's original design, most of the map was obscured, with the US having only a stretch of provinces from New York to San Francisco.

Trouble with leaders and ministers is more mysterious. By the way, the mod is in a comatose state now and it is no more maintained. To quench your thirst for an early 20th century mod, I suggest you try the resurrected 1914 Mod. Although it is still in its early stages, it looks promising and has a dedicated team of modders.

@Eginhard 38

Apologies in advance for the thread necromancy. Just wanted to ask if you have specific policy with regards to using content from WIF3 elsewhere? In particular, I'd be interested in making use of the additional minister traits that were added.

@Eginhard 38

Apologies in advance for the thread necromancy. Just wanted to ask if you have specific policy with regards to using content from WIF3 elsewhere? In particular, I'd be interested in making use of the additional minister traits that were added.

Just ask for it (in your case, it's already done) and feel free to use them. It's merely formal (if you read Pdox user conditions you'll see all mods actually belong to them) but I consider it a part of modding community etiquette. It's also an enjoyable thing: if others want to use what you've done, it means it's not that bad.

So please go ahead, and good luck for your project!

Good evening everyone,

I wanted to ask you for help.
I saw that in the scenario of the Balkan wars for the Ottoman Empire, when the Redif mobilizes, five units are missing.
They are the divisions of the Redif of Elbasan, Mitrovica, Yanina, Naslic and Aydin. I tried to add them but the system recognizes them as cavalry divisions and hq.

How can I do? The file is this, the event is id = 8360202

I hope you can give me more information.

Attachments

• mobilization_events_wif3.txt
    461 KB · Views: 0