• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks for all the time and work setting up this mod. I think this has the potential to be one of the very best DH mods. Following is some feedback on two short games I’ve played. I consider myself to be a good DH player and normally play on the harder settings and usually tweak mods to make things more difficult or interesting but I played on normal with no changes to so as to be able to give you feedback.

First game as Italy – Did not use partial mobilization. Used the existing manpower to reinforce those in Libya and build units. With only a few mobile troops to use against the Senussi it was a little difficult but eventually I was able to take a number of provinces in Tripolitania and a couple in the east. Raised the war score to over 60% by the time the peace events options fired. Went with the historical choices and got the western half of Libya and all the eastern coastal provinces while the Senussi got the eastern interior provinces. Continued play up until mid Aug, 1914 researching, building and re-arranging the unlocked land and naval units. Nothing else happened. There were no events for Italy, but they seemed to fire correctly for the other countries to start WWI. Abandoned the Italy game at that point because I only then noticed the Ottomans were crushed by the Greeks and Bulgarians with the Balkan war still going on. The Bulgarians had taken almost all of Turkey except for the western provinces bordering Russia and one on the northern coast. The Greeks had somehow managed to land troops somewhere on the Mediterranean coast and took all of the provinces in Lebanon, Palestine and Syria. The Ottomans only control the area of Iraq and one or two bordering the Mediterranean coast. Not sure what happened as I was not paying attention to their war.

Second game as Ottomans – The Ottoman disaster above intrigued me so I started another game. Only played a few months so far but already the Bulgarians and Greeks are making good progress. I have not attacked, only made defensive moves or used units as reserves or relief in battles. I mobilized when given the events and got the reserve divisions via event but even with those the Balkan league is making steady progress. The locked garrison units are being destroyed but there is little that can be done to support them because the Bulgarians are relentless in their attacks on the provinces bordering the Aegean Sea. I changed ministers at the beginning of the game and got the corresponding dissent added to the 10% at start so I used all the IC for supplies for trade and CG and consequently built nothing. After the change in government event I changed minsters back to my original choices and again took more dissent so it was well over 30% when combined with that added by events so all IC had to be used for CG. I probably should not have changed ministers so the about 10% of the dissent was caused by two changes. After mobilization the sacred union event wiped out the dissent so I can now build an MG brigade or air unit but reinforcements are taking almost all of the IC not required for CG to keep dissent at 0 or supplies for trading so it will be very difficult to build anything beyond that in the future. The Ottoman economy was a mess and they did perform poorly in the Balkans so this seems to be WAD. It should make playing the Ottomans very challenging. Supplies are already dropping fast and will soon need IC. I like a challenge but unless there are some helpful events along the way for the Turks I do not see how they will be able to fight the British and Russians on three fronts even assuming accepting increase in dissent from going negative on CG and borrowing to finance the war. Guess I’ll have to wait and see.

The Senussi campaign has been interesting. I assumed control of them and have been trading provinces with the Italians repeatedly. (Took all three of the original Italian cities several times each). Maybe give Italy a dissent hit or something if they lose Tripoli or lock a garrison unit or one of the starting units there. It was way too easy. In my Italy game I did not lose any of them but the AI has advanced into the interior provinces abandoning the coast and of course allowed itself to be cut off from supply whereas a human player would normally not do so. That does not seem to be a problem because the AI always wins every battle so it’s just a case of race around Libya for both the Italian and Senussi units there. The beginning events fired for Libya peace so I assume that will end soon. Will let you know how things turn out.

Finally! :p

Played a few games as Germany, France and Russia. Really liked the research system, the mobilization events and all those cool new things you guys have added to the mod.

The events don't seem to work too well at this point though. The balkan war is usually still going around 1914, mixing up WW1 firing events. What I found the most weird, however, was that Germany usually gives almost all of its divisions to Austria-Hungary or simply gets rid of them (when the war started my intelligence as Russia and France indicated that they only had around 20 divisions whereas Austria-Hungary had around 150-180)

On a side note, what made you decide upon giving United Kingdom way more IC than Germany, that was the most industrialized European nation at that point? The fact that Australia, Canada and the Raj are not in the game yet?

Anyway, great start for a mod! I'm eagerly waiting for more releases

My first game was offcourse with Greece :)
Well I notice a lot of bugs at my balkan campaign war game. after first Balkan war peace I take alot of wrong province (Look at pic below),many leaders ministers and tech teams are wrong and they dont have pic (Look at pic below) , for some reason Ottomans DOW with me at the second balkan war (Look at pic below).
After all of these I can say that I liked the tech tree ,the units and some of the events ,needs a lot of work but its a good start!!!
If i have time its very easy for me to prepare a MoD pack for Balkans wars and Greece, besides the most things of them are by now ready.

Last edited:
My first game was offcourse with Greece :)
Well I notice a lot of bugs at my balkan campaign war game. after first Balkan war peace I take alot of wrong province (Look at pic below),many leaders ministers and tech teams are wrong and they dont have pic (Look at pic below) , for some reason Ottomans DOW with me at the second balkan war (Look at pic below).
After all of these I can say that I liked the tech tree ,the units and some of the events ,needs a lot of work but its a good start!!!
If i have time its very easy for me to prepare a MoD pack for Balkans wars and Greece, besides the most things of them are by now ready.

I think that Eginhard is going to use my ministers & leaders file for Greece in the next version. I rewrote from scratch the leaders file with real names and real promotion dates, all with pictures. You can find the download link in my signature.

I think that Eginhard is going to use my ministers & leaders file for Greece in the next version. I rewrote from scratch the leaders file with real names and real promotion dates, all with pictures. You can find the download link in my signature.
Goodwork but them are for 1914 scenario.. I can use your work and add more ninisters and leaders for an 1912 scenario cabinet;) with your acceptance offcourse..

Goodwork but them are for 1914 scenario.. I can use your work and add more ninisters and leaders for an 1912 scenario cabinet;) with your acceptance offcourse..
Leaders are ok for 1912. About the cabinet, you might want to wait for the next update because Eginhard has made a lot of changes with the ministers.

Played two games. One as Britain and one as Germany.

It appears the UK is very overpowered in IC. Continued to max out supplies and was selling them for $$ early in the game, (Amassed over $100,000 before the war started), Upgraded everything, built a substantial air force and navy and still had plenty of IC to use to get dissent to 0 and generate cash. The only impediment to building was manpower. Once that came with the war the UK could build every unit / brigade with plenty of IC to spare. Abandoned the game in early 15 because of boredom. The AI did nothing on the western front but did seem to work well on the eastern front.

The German game was the opposite of Britain. Germany seems to be under funded in IC. I was able to take most of France by early January 1915. No peace events fired when I took Paris so i just kept going until it got too easy to take everything else. At that time Britain had 956 IC to Germany's 545. Attempting to complete the ships already building, an air force and land units while trying to generate supplies and CG was daunting as Germany. I was unable to build any ground units other than a few brigades and garrisons since most IC went to supplies and reinforcements. There was not enough IC to apply to do much else so there was no IC for CG to reduce dissent so any event hits just accumulated. Seems this should happen much later in the war not in 1914. The Russian AI seemed to work well against both AH and Germany but the French AI did not. The British did not send any troops to France but instead kept attempting to invade the Baltic and Adriatic beaches and lost most all of them.

Really like the events for inflation. They affected the German game early and were already having an impact by December of 14. They did not affect the British game because of their high IC levels.

Some other observations:
Germany needs some locked coastal garrisons. So as not to be gamey I did not invade any beaches but the AI Russians invaded several north German beaches. In the German game the UK made about a half dozen attempts and lost about 12 divisions and a large number of ships. The UK also successfully invaded the AH beaches several times so AH also needs beach garrisons.

IC levels in general need to be reviewed. Germany and AH seem underfunded while Britain has too much IC. Previous Italian and Ottoman games also had IC issues. Not sure if there are any events to modify the IC levels so I might be getting ahead of things as I have not played past mid 1915 in any game.

In both games both Greece and Romania joined the allies at the start. I think this might have something to do with the second Balkan war event. Greece gave control of all its troops to Russia and redeployed most all of them to the Baltic abandoning Athens and the rest of Greece. Romania gave most of it's troops to Russia but seemed to keep most in the Balkans. I noticed this in my previous games. Same happens with the Belgians and French.

The aero torpedo attachment needs to have a speed. When attached to a plane it drops the plane speed to zero. I added 150 to the brigade speed and it worked just fine.

Russia game - Germany is too weak. I crushed them, matching them man for man and they couldn't even push through Belgium. Developing countries are too powerful, it's far too easy to tech up and upgrade armies.

The map looks great though. Didn't get many events for whatever reason.

First, thank you very much for all your posts and feedback. It’s really nice to see that the mod is played even in its early, unappealing alpha stage. Many things are still to be done, and I’ll be sometimes compelled to cut out my answers. However, a lack of answer from my part doesn’t mean that your feedback went unnoticed.

Apparently there’s something broken in the triggers of the OTT surrender event for the Balkan Wars. They’re supposed to give up as soon as Istanbul is lost. I found nothing while investigating issue yesterday night, but I was tired and it’s easy to look over a misplaced “}”.

Also, the improvised garrison AI for the Balkan Wars seems to cause the conflict to be too long. Probably OTT now defends the heavily Adrianople well, preventing the end of the Balkan Wars. Apparently some event triggers are not tight enough and the Sarajevo assassination chain happens nevertheless.

Colonial IC and resources are the causes of ENG being so overpowered. Remarks about it are justified and we are currently designing a new system for colonial economic mobilization.

@jamiroquai000 : I plead guilty for the Greek database. :) I probably failed to find historical dates for Bouhagier and the Salamis Naval Yard or didn’t check. “Epitheorisi Pezikou” is just a fill-in: when I failed to find a specific army arsenal, I just translated “Infantry Inspection” in the country’s language, and that’s what happened here. Anyway, I need teams to replace those you pointed out. Do you know how the main arsenals for Hellenic Army and Navy were called? And what team could replace Bouhagier in industrial specialties?

As of now I didn’t implemented Melkor89’s database and won’t be able to do so immediately, so I think you can go on with joining forces with him if he’s OK, that would be so great. I remember having great trouble with Greek ministers (for example I couldn’t find a list of Ministers of Interior). Cabinet changes events have not been implemented and are planned for alpha 0.06, I barely started to write them (research is done already but might be incomplete for Greece).

There’s something much weird in your first screenshot. Borders look like the Balkan Wars are over, and Albania exists. But the message log below displays an event supposed to happen at the end of the first armistice during the First Balkan War. What happened exactly?

Anyway, various comments make me realize that though the Balkan Wars event chain is clear for me, this is not true for the rest of the world. So I must provide some explanation here.

Though there have been two Balkan Wars, actually they happened in three major phases (jamiroquai000 will correct me if I’m wrong):

- Phase 1 (early stage of the First Balkan War): OTT declares war against the League and (historically) gets defeated in a matter of weeks. An armistice is concluded (historically 2 December 1912 IIRC), its main conditions in the mod being the loss of Skopje, Salonica and either Adrianople or Dedeagach (Alexandroupoli). It’s also supposed to happen immediately if Istanbul is lost. Please note that for gameplay reasons, it includes Greece in the mod (which was not the case IRL).

- Phase 2 (late stage of the First Balkan War): this armistice was concluded for two months, which was thought enough to allow a peace treaty to be signed. But during this time (historically 23 January 1913) the Young Turks regained power through a coup and refused to accept the League’s claims. That’s why the war resumes at that point.

- Phase 3 (Second Balkan War): after OTT is defeated for good (this time, by conquering all of its European provinces except Istanbul OR Istanbul itself regardless of the other provinces), the Treaty of London is signed. Then, disputes between BUL and its former allies erupt over Macedonia and war breaks out, ROM and OTT soon joining in against BUL.

Important note: during the armistice ending both stages of the First Balkan War, provinces are left in the hands of whoever controlled them when the events fire.

@zingo1313 :
The aero torpedo attachment needs to have a speed. When attached to a plane it drops the plane speed to zero. I added 150 to the brigade speed and it worked just fine.

Good catch! And thank you for providing us with the solution.