- Sep 13, 2010
What's your DH version?
The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.
I need a few days to port the mod to DH 1.05, as I must remove some no longer necessary workarounds. The DH patch having won the race against the EiF map, WiF3 alpha 0.07 will be released soon and porting to the new map will be postponed to alpha 0.08.Can't wait to see updates on this mod, particularly now that 1.05 is out. Take all the time you need - it'll be worth the WW1 experience everyone has been waiting for.
Please be aware that it is still an alpha version, which means that the mod remains in an unfinished state and that some basic features are yet to be implemented. Therefore, you should not expect to find more in alpha 0.07 than what was already in the basic alpha 0.06, augmented by the content of the above changelog.### Alpha 0.07 (target: conversion to DH 1.05)
255. Added two background screens by Francis E. Dec.
256. New scenario plate by Melkor89.
257. Minor changes to assault troops and fort artillery stats.
258. Implemented data from Melkor89's Ministers & Leaders Mod. Added 83 ministers, 86 leaders and 276 pictures.
259. Deleted a double entry in ENG leaders file for Lanoe Hawker.
260. Changed distribution of heavy artillery and Landwehr divisions for U08 according to more accurate data.
261. Added sounds from Mod 1914 files (25 in all).
262. Reduced manpower costs for artillery attachments and revised strength accordingly in scenario files and mobilisation events.
263. Revised engineer attachments in OOBs.
264. Corrected a bug which prevented upgrade towards certain unit types.
265. Edited leader trait names to remain consistent with the mod's era and changes.
266. Shortened leader rank names to limit issues with leaders bearing long names.
267. Implemented Melkor89's database for Italy. 36 ministers, 191 leaders, 395 pictures added, and many more database improvements.
268. Implemented jamiroquai000's database for Greece. 20 ministers, 48 leaders, 132 pictures added, with more database improvements.
269. Changed the color scale for the map and allocated the new colors to country tags accordingly.
270. Database standardization, cleaning and improvement for tech teams, ministers and leaders. Start and end dates are now comprised between 1912 and 1924, and retirement date is the same as end date.
271. Edited minister file for HUN to follow the Hungarian naming custom (family name first).
272. Sarajevo assassination event now correctly removes Franz Ferdinand as a leader for U09.
273. Changed starting experience for manpower in policy effects file and replaced the mostly empirical scenario files experience values with a unified logic.
274. Inactivated range penalty for large fleets.
275. Reduced maximum size of air stacks to 2.
276. Replaced Umberto Nobile with Gaetano Crocco as an airship specialized tech team for ITA.
277. Added 26 leaders to HOL and edited its starting OOB accordingly (20 pics).
278. Replaced Pecori Girardi with Caviglia and added Giuseppe Bassi as land doctrine tech team for ITA.
279. Added J.F.C. Fuller as a specialized mobility doctrine tech team for ENG.
280. Changed IDs for several land and air brigades (7 in all) that were reusing naval brigade IDs (the latter have a distinct AI command system which could have caused trouble with the future implementation of AI building schemes).
281. Implemented trade AI for starting countries (25 files added, 6 edited).
282. Changed distribution of OTT reserve divisions ("Redif") in order to make the First Balkan War more challenging for the player.
283. Solved a bug which prevented SER to properly join the Entente at the onset of the Great War.
284. Edited diplomatic alignment of SER, MTN and OTT in anticipation of the future diplomatic system.
285. Simplified repression events. Now the choice to crack down on pacifists/strikers/mutineers automatically pops up one day after the protest/strike/mutiny event, instead of relying on triggers.
286. Adjusted colonial mobilization events to the new colonial resource distribution (see alpha 0.06 changelog).
287. Changed events relative to the Russian special brigades according to their actual TOE (6 battalions instead of 8).
288. Added Bruce Meade Hamilton to ENG's leader file and placed him at the head of Scottish Command.
289. Replaced modern or World War 2-themed famous quotes with 80 Great War era ones.
290. Minor changes to brigade allotments: Mg can't be attached to HQ anymore, Inf can be attached to MTN, GAR can receive 2 attachments instead of 1, and TRM can receive Mg and Mtn Arty attachments now.
291. Changed distribution of artillery attachments among British Territorial Force units, according to more accurate data.
292. Human ENG player will not have to build brigades for second line Territorial Force units anymore, just to upgrade outdated material.
293. Changed unit types for 8. ID and 44. LID in U09 starting OOB, from INF to MTN.
294. Adjusted attachment distribution for USA Regular Army and National Guard units, and edited their mobilization costs accordingly.
295. Added new propaganda poster for Spain.
296. Added Lt Inf attachments to ENG's Territorial Force divisions on account of the existing cyclist battalions.
297. Changed starting money pools based on League of Nations data about pre-war national gold reserves.
298. All "sailors" divisions given through mobilization (1 for ENG, 2 for RUS, 3 for U08) are now light divisions (LGT) with a naval infantry attachment (a similar understrength LGT with Nav Inf is to be added later for FRA).
299. Replaced Wille with Sprecher von Bernegg as Chief of Staff for SCH, and removed Wille as Chief of Navy (a meaningless post for SCH). Added Sonderegger and Roost as chiefs of staff.
300. Added an event replacing Haldane with Seely as ENG's minister of war.
301. Basic portage to Darkest Hour 1.05: the mod is now functional and without errors in savedebug.
302. Removed additional supplies when relative (i.e. percentage of max daily output from CGs) money value where substracted (bug solved by DH 1.05).
303. Used new resource modifier commands in resource-related economic decisions, instead of the previous workarounds.
304. Used the new add_brigade command to edit mobilization events for several countries (ENG, FRA, RUS, SER, U08, U09, USA), either adding one more choice or removing workarounds.
305. French Army HQs are now included in the starting OOB.
306. Russian-recruited Czechoslovak divisions now have correct numbers.
I did much research already (for the entire map), but as with @tioperete for Spain I will send you maps of Central Europe as soon as I'm done with them. I already have some trouble with my current drawing software (very easy to use and free of charge), which doesn't recognize some magyar and slavic letters.If you have a map from Central Europe, than I can help you with names for them.
Thank you very much for your kind words.I had just try this mod and it is impressive. I really like the tech tree, and overall i like the unit chnages and such. I'm excited to see what it finally becomes!