• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@

I did still the same thing permission denied might be cause I'm in Canada but who knows:(
I don't know where the link is so I can't test it, but try a different browser or try using an ad blocker. Better yet, use the Brave browser which has a built in ad blocker.

When I try to start the mod it tells me that "(couldn't open files: db/units/divisions/light_carrier);" and the game crashes shortly afterwards. This problem has been mentioned before but I can't find a solution.

sorry in advance because i have a feeling this has been asked previously but how do i disable the auto new creation of auto save files? ie i want it to auto save monthly but in world in flames it creates a totally new save file monthly instead of just over writing the previous auto save file? Thanks!

sorry in advance because i have a feeling this has been asked previously but how do i disable the auto new creation of auto save files? ie i want it to auto save monthly but in world in flames it creates a totally new save file monthly instead of just over writing the previous auto save file? Thanks!
I think that's enabled for easier bug reporting. Here's how to change it....

Look for this line in your misc file and change it to this:

# Use new auto-save file format: AutoSave_Country_Year_Month_Day.eug. 1 - Enabled, 0 - Disabled.
0 #

Wif has this set to 1 so you want to change it to 0 above (in red)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Is winning as Russia possible at all? Unlike irl Germany is going to focus entirely on the player (Russia) I can only hold out until like the beginning of October 1914. Any tips are appreciated (people who have not tried the scenario do not apply).

I don't think russia can hold the WW1 scenario, I managed to hold until 1916 (last 3 months with kerensky) but I think it's impossible to lower your dissent fastly enough to counter the one you will get by events and/or loses which doesn't help to keep your industry afloat or to lower the dissent. To hold until this date, I completly abandon poland, push on austria until it's impossible to get a 1 to 1 ratio on casualties and then stay on the defensive on fort as much as possible but even like this holding the line is not possible. After the fall of the ottoman, AI UK troops came to help but it was already too late.

But it's the same story as playing the french, as UK doesn't help you on the continent and you don't have enough manpower to grind the german. I loss once cause russia fell in late 1917 and even with the loss of austria (italy pushes extremely well in the alps), Germany kicked me. So even in an AI fight and with some french big push (cause controlled by me) russia is doomed.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Could some one please upload the graphics pack again? The main link is forbidden and the link posted two or three pages back is a pay site?

I'm not sure if this is a game, mod, or if it even is a glitch with the game in it's current status; and unfortunately I was too angered to save it, but sometime during the 1941 start as USA, with France almost retaken(October 1943) something occurred that added like 10 divisions to every German territory -including an area along the Swiss border 'Pontarlier' which was completely surrounded and whose forces had already capitulated. It probably was some form of mobilization the AI did, but again, I didn't save it. I can retrieve the autosave.

And also, like the autistic stickler that I am, historical flag mod? It's disgusting that those of us not living in countries desperately trying to erase their horrific history, or EU nations cowtowing to the same, don't get an uncensored version. There's no joy in slapping the nazis if they're not the nazis.

Reactions:
not living in countries desperately trying to erase their horrific history
Since you mention it twice in 2 posts... I think you have completly misunderstood the reasons why flag, symbols etc. of the Nazis are forbidden in Germany. It has absolutely nothing to do with "erasing history". There aren't many countries as obsessed with history as Germany.
But I can only assume that you vastly underestimate or misunderstood what the Nazis stood and stand for?
If your neighbour raises the Nazi flag, and you are not white aryan, he says that he either wants to kill you or enslave you as soon as he and his "comrades" gain power. THIS is forbidden, yes.

(It is also bad for exports having nazi symbols all over the place.
I also admit that it looks excessive forbidding it even in games but then again nobody really could had imagined that there ever would be weirdos who replay this part of history for "fun".)

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 5Like
Reactions:
  • 2Love
Reactions: