• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
well I get to the menu but as soon as I click anything the game close
Well, that's not good. Maybe you can upload the savebug here and someone with more skills than I have can help. Otherwise, AIO and EoD are both based on WiF

Soory for nobbyness but how do I get the savebug ?
No problem. It's in the many DH folder (Not DH full or the mod's folder). Just open the main folder and scroll down until you see the "Savedbug" file. It should be a text or wordpad file. If you open it up, it should tell you what is causing the crash near the very bottom. You can upload it here too so maybe someone else can help you too. The file overwrites itself after every load/exit, so make sure you haven't played another mod since the last WiF crash.

Due to popular demand I gave repacking WiF2 (World in Flames 2) another try. I tryed it already last month, posted it, messed it up, deleted the post to avoid confusion, had no time for a retry, then forgot about it... so here we are again:

Mediafire:
WiF2-complete-incl-Graphic-Pack-DH1.04_repacked-by-Altruist-1.04.7z (239.59 MB, unpacked 862 MB)

This is packed together:
# Darkest Hour Full 1.05.2 (from a clean reinstall of DH, then updated to 1.05.2)
# Official Graphic Pack for DH 1.04 (as far as I know no newer version available)
# World in Flames 2 (June 2019) for DH 1.05.1
in a form that you can just unpack it and are ready to play (without further copying etc.).

Installation (short):
1) Copy the file into ...\Darkest Hour\ (NOT into ..\mods)
2) Rightclick on file and order it to "Extract here"
3) Start Darkest Hour Launcher and choose (bottom right: Load a mod): WiF2
4) Ready to go... or rather choose one of the following scenarios:
a) World in Flames - Day of Decision (1933)​
or​
b) Guns of August (1914)​

Successful: Now you should have ..\Darkest Hour\Mods\Wif2\ReadMe_fromAltruist.txt
Otherwise: Very probably you have misdirected the target for unpacking, try again.

Not included: WiF2 Music Pack
If you want to... download: Wif2_Music.7z (410 MB), unpack directly into ..\Darkest Hour\Mods\WiF2\

Installation (longer description):
2) Rightclick on it and order it to "Extract here"
Notice:
a) In the rare case your compression program can't handle .7z-files, download the free and good compression program 7-zip
b) Within ...\Darkest Hour\Mods\ a subdirectory will be established called \Wif2​
c) Additionally the included Graphic Pack overwrites also several already existing files in directories within Darkest Hour other than in \mods, so you will be asked wether to copy/integrate/overwrite them, click "yes to all" (be aware this might overwrite other graphical gimmicks you had installed previously)​
4) Ready to go... or rather choose one of the 2 WiF2-scenarios:
or​
5) Choose a country and... well, going into the options before pressing "Start" might be a good idea to set your prefered settings and if you play with (NATO-)counters instead of sprites, make sure to choose "Use Counters = ON", accept... now you are ready to start and play.

Problems (perhaps):
You might have noticed that no version number fits with the next one. The package was put together in the following order (you can also download the files below on their own if you only want the graphic pack or WiF_June-2019):
# DH Full updated to 1.05.2, see also Darkest Hour Patch 1.05.2 (hot-fix release)
# Official Graphic Pack for DH 1.04 (DH_Graphic-Pack-DH1.04.7z, 66.98 MB)
# World in Flames 2 (for DH 1.05.1) as of June 2019 (WiF2_June-1019.rar, 47.52 MB)
The result worked for me (short 5min test of playing) but don't ask me wether some files of 1.05.2 were perhaps overwritten by older files of the graphics pack or WiF2. The DH screen showed "Darkest Hour v. 1.05.2 (OWRO) - WiF2".

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Due to popular demand I gave repacking WiF2 (World in Flames 2) another try. I tryed it already last month, posted it, messed it up, deleted the post to avoid confusion, had no time for a retry, then forgot about it... so here we are again:

Mediafire:
WiF2-complete-incl-Graphic-Pack-DH1.04_repacked-by-Altruist-1.04.7z (239.59 MB, unpacked 862 MB)

This is packed together:
# Darkest Hour Full 1.05.2 (from a clean reinstall of DH, then updated to 1.05.2)
# Official Graphic Pack for DH 1.04 (as far as I know no newer version available)
# World in Flames 2 (June 2019) for DH 1.05.1
in a form that you can just unpack it and are ready to play (without further copying etc.).

Installation (short):
2) Rightclick on file and order it to "Extract here"
4) Ready to go... or rather choose one of the following scenarios:
or​

Successful: Now you should have ..\Darkest Hour\Mods\Wif2\ReadMe_fromAltruist.txt
Otherwise: Very probably you have misdirected the target for unpacking, try again.

Not included: WiF2 Music Pack
If you want to... download: Wif2_Music.7z (410 MB), unpack directly into ..\Darkest Hour\Mods\WiF2\

Installation (longer description):
2) Rightclick on it and order it to "Extract here"
Notice:
a) In the rare case your compression program can't handle .7z-files, download the free and good compression program 7-zip
b) Within ...\Darkest Hour\Mods\ a subdirectory will be established called \Wif2​
c) Additionally the included Graphic Pack overwrites also several already existing files in directories within Darkest Hour other than in \mods, so you will be asked wether to copy/integrate/overwrite them, click "yes to all" (be aware this might overwrite other graphical gimmicks you had installed previously)​
4) Ready to go... or rather choose one of the 2 WiF2-scenarios:
or​
5) Choose a country and... well, going into the options before pressing "Start" might be a good idea to set your prefered settings and if you play with (NATO-)counters instead of sprites, make sure to choose "Use Counters = ON", accept... now you are ready to start and play.

Problems (perhaps):
You might have noticed that no version number fits with the next one. The package was put together in the following order:
# DH Full updated to 1.05.2, see also Darkest Hour Patch 1.05.2 (hot-fix release)
# Official Graphic Pack for DH 1.04 (DH_Graphic-Pack-DH1.04.7z, 66.98 MB)
# World in Flames 2 (for DH 1.05.1) as of June 2019 (WiF2_June-1019.rar, 47.52 MB)
The result worked for me (short 5min test of playing) but don't ask me wether some files of 1.05.2 were perhaps overwritten by older files by the graphics pack or WiF2. The DH screen showed "Darkest Hour v. 1.05.2 (OWRO) - WiF2.
is this a different DL to what you posted before and then removed? Cause i installed that one and seemed like it was working fine

is this a different DL to what you posted before and then removed? Cause i installed that one and seemed like it was working fine
Yes, it is different.
In my first try I did not take DH Full from a clean reinstall but my own many years old directory. Which was a working version but cluttered with everything I did with it or have added in the last years. If I remember correctly even with some save files. On the good side, this mess was restricted to the directory of \WiF2, it also might have even added some unexpected goodies other than WiF2 like short scenarios: Suez Canal, Africa Corps etc., well, all the things you do with your DH Full over the years... (also kind of wasted since you wouldn't expect nor look for those when starting your WiF2 in the launcher).

I also did not realize that the Graphical Pack was overwriting stuff outside of DH Full, so parts of the graphics pack were missing.
The result would had worked in DH installs which have the graphics pack already installed but in some other cases not or only with glitches.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: