• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A small balance factor, actually. The WIF2 guys have said before that doomstacks are dissuaded by using it like this.

Who did this scenario that is totally unplayable?
Start with Germany in '33, go kaput after 3 months as you litterally have 3 IC and you need 6 in supplies? I am meant to disband my meager starting forces?

Nuke that dissent away and make it playable without having me need to edit the starting setup - wake up call to whoever designed it.
And remove the accursed 'Peace Economy' Event. That suits the USA, not Germany.

Start with 3 IC, run 3 months, using all IC down to remove some dissent, get to 15 IC woooo ... peace economy, dang, down to 3 IC and the materials traded for some supplies and cash denied. The HQ and other few troops kept start to melt as you cannot sustain your own economy at all.

Last edited:
By '36 your economy is much more stable. '33 start is hardcore start, the hardest one, but the one with the most events as well.

It's totally playable....you just need to know how to play the game.The mod is a lot harder than vanilla.

Start with 3 IC, run 3 months, using all IC down to remove some dissent, get to 15 IC woooo ... peace economy, dang, down to 3 IC and the materials traded for some supplies and cash denied. The HQ and other few troops kept start to melt as you cannot sustain your own economy at all.

That's just not true.You should have enough IC to sustain your econmy and troops and the early events and decisions will remove enough dissent to start building up your economy.

using all IC down to remove some dissent

Well...if you use all of it you're not producing any supplies so that's your own fault.

It takes time to build up your IC and army and you're not going to have a massive economy in 1933.

It was designed to be a challenge, comes also with a wide variety of events and is, IMHO, a great mod.

Start with Germany in '33, go kaput after 3 months as you litterally have 3 IC and you need 6 in supplies? I am meant to disband my meager starting forces?

You have a huge surplus of energy and, at least in the beginning, also of the other resources. Trade them for supplies and cash. Work down your dissent and latest in 1934 you can already start building IC and infrastructure.

PS: Perhaps it would be better, for sure politer, to ask for advice and hints BEFORE declaring a mod unplayable and seeking the fault with the mod designer.

Last edited:
You have to look out for events that reduce dissent and increase the effeciency of your economy. Once Hitler is appointed as chancellor (the second game day) you get the event for Economic Recovery. Take out the state loan and get the recovery event. Voilà, 11 IC on day 2.

Howdy folks, rogue germany player here, got a question about the Stalin sues for peace event. Heres the code:

trigger = {
war = { country = GER country = SOV }
NOT = { ispuppet = GER }
random = 35
OR = {
AND = {
control = { province = 55 data = -2 } # Paris is controlled by an enemy
lost_national = { country = SOV value = 35 }
NOT = { land_percentage = { country = GER value = 0.3 } } #SOV has not enough troops
NOT = { lost_national = { country = GER value = 7 } } #Germany is not losing national provinces
NOT = { war = { country = GER country = ENG } } #Germany is concentrated on the Soviet front
NOT = { war = { country = GER country = FRA } }
NOT = { war = { country = GER country = USA } }
NOT = { war = { country = GER country = ITA } }
}
AND = {
NOT = { control = { province = 553 data = SOV } } # Leningrad
NOT = { control = { province = 663 data = SOV } } # Stalingrad
NOT = { control = { province = 572 data = SOV } } # Moscow
NOT = { control = { province = 713 data = SOV } } # Baku
NOT = { lost_national = { country = GER value = 7 } } #Germany is not losing national provinces
OR = { #one of the following must be true
local_flag = SOVMoscow #Stalin remained in Moscow and was captured
NOT = { control = { province = 1151 data = SOV } } # Sverdlovsk
NOT = { control = { province = 1191 data = SOV } } # Vladivostok
AND = {
nuked = -1 #was nuked at least once
NOT = { nuked = 1 } #SOV never launched nukes
}
}
}
AND = {
NOT = { nuked = 1 } #SOV never launched nukes
lost_national = { country = SOV value = 15 } #SOV is losing ground
nuked = { country = GER country = SOV data = 1 where = 572 } # Moscow nuked
OR = {
nuked = { country = GER country = SOV data = 8 }#SOV nuked 8 times by GER
AND = {
nuked = { country = GER country = SOV data = 1 where = 553 } # Leningrad nuked
nuked = { country = GER country = SOV data = 1 where = 663 } # Stalingrad nuked
nuked = { country = GER country = SOV data = 1 where = 713 } # Baku nuked
}
}
}
}
}

My question is about the bolded section inside "Germany is concentrated on the Soviet front," I'm fighting off an invasion in Italy. Italy doesn't exist, but I haven't retaken Rome yet. Could that be why Stalin hasn't sued for peace? I have Stalingrad, Moscow, Baku and Leningrad.

Possible small error in the policy_effects. Under Central Planning/Free Market the MODIFIER_RESEARCH_TIME looks like this
0.15;0.1;0.05;0;0;0;0;0;0.05;0.1

Should there not be a minus in front of the two last ones?

also, is this correct?
MODIFIER_PRODUCTION_TIME;0;0;0;0;0;-0.05;-0.1;-0.15;-0.125;-0.1;x

and the MODIFIER_CG_TO_MONEY seems wrong. All under Central Planning/Free Market

Under Autoritarian/Democratic
MODIFIER_RELATIONSHIPS_DOW;0;0;-200;-250;-300;0;0;0;0;0;x

Final edit - there seems to be alot of strange things here. I would suggest you go through them all.

Last edited:
Heh didnt know there was a event for this :D
upload_2020-1-29_22-53-56.png

Nuke that dissent away and make it playable without having me need to edit the starting setup - wake up call to whoever designed it.
And remove the accursed 'Peace Economy' Event. That suits the USA, not Germany.

Most of your dissident is gone by 1934-1935 and by 1939 you have more IC than UK and France combined. There are events. I would suggest putting production sliders on auto and on consumer good priority, dont focus on military build up in 1933-1935! Besides Germany gets a lot of free goodies.There is also a way how to abuse dissident and low IC as Germany, with American cash after their new deal and cheap public works... dem German supplies <__<

On other note.... super heavy artillery should be upped a bit... cause regular artillery ends up having more soft/hard attack than it in 1940s >.> also how on earth to do you deal with Soviet airforce, for some reason they have 40 fighter stacks and 40 bomber stacks in 1942... x_x

Last edited:
Hey sorry I don't know if this the place to ask but I don't understand were I should put the copy of darkest hour full folder and at which place I should apply the world in flammes folder?

Hello,

The question has been asked before, but for some reason was left unanswered, so let me bring it back up:
What are the main differences gamplay-wise between current state of WiF and EoD?
Is EoD just better WiF, but without 1914 scenario? Or were there any significant changes made in WiF that are just not present in EoD?

Hello,

The question has been asked before, but for some reason was left unanswered, so let me bring it back up:
What are the main differences gamplay-wise between current state of WiF and EoD?
Is EoD just better WiF, but without 1914 scenario? Or were there any significant changes made in WiF that are just not present in EoD?

Without wanting to belittle EoD isn't it mainly about adding a lot more events?
In WiF also some of the combat mechanics were changed, additionally the SU got a lot more boni and troops. Not sure wether this was also taken over from WiF into EoD.

Nevertheless an interesting question and some insights from people who know for sure would be appreciated.

Could someone please upload the official graphic pack again, the download link is broken.
Cheers

Does anyone have an issue with Weimar flag decision? For some reason, it is 38 and still the Weimar flag. No decision is available... Strange, the previous WIF version works fine...