• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Mar 5, 2005
Hello :)
I've been reading many AARs for quite some time, and I've decided to make one of my own...

So, here's my plan: 36GC as Germany (Doomsday 1.2, normal\normal, no mods).
I will NOT ally with anyone, I will only make puppets. Which puppets? That's up to me to decide, with your help ofcourse :)

I will not use any cheats except for: "event 1009" to reduce dissent (only dissent caused be releasing puppets though, not dissent caused by ministers changing or anythnig else, I'll have to deal with those) and "acceptall" to get blueprints from my puppets (and just that!).

The AAR's nature will be gamey, and not role-playing. Expect pictures and lots of them, but don't expect role-playing (talks beetween my ministers or anything like that... I'm not into that).

Since this is my first ever AAR, any tips, feedback, criticism and suggestions will be welcomed!
I hope I won't have any trouble with showing pictures (It's my first time using Fileshack).

Still here? Good. I'll start writing my first post... now!! ;)

Last edited:
Since it's 1936, the game starts in the boring pre-war buildup...

18ss1.jpg

First thing's first: Technology.
As you can see, I'm focusing mainly on industrial technologies.

22dg.jpg

Production: first of all, I'll upgrade all my obsolete divisions... I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to that (consider yourself warned abuot that :rolleyes: )

30zh1.jpg

Slider moves: Moved 1 towards standing army.
No point in going interventionis or hawk-lobby, since future events will take care of that for me (if anything goes as planned, that is)

49fg.jpg

Minister changes: I've assigned a new minister of security and a new armaments minister, giving me +10% IC and -5% CG need.

58ug.jpg

I know, I know. I was as shocked as you are...

65lj1.jpg

This is my plan for the next year: IC buildup. 21 new factories, as far away from france and the UK as possible. now that I've upgraded my army, all IC can go into that.

Next: You guessed it, more pre-war stuff!

Last edited:
Good luck. IMO there are so many German AAR's going on that I can't even keep track of them all :p -

Hmm no allies you say... Go historicly... untill 1939 then you may trough your aggresion on hungary and poland. Then sheare Romunia with Russians atak Bulgaria, Yugoslavia and Greece, then atak France and lowlands along with Italy. That would be more chalanging then real war.

Please dont play: I councoured every country one by one. Thats a bit boring. Declear War on Poland, Italy, Hungary, Yugoslavia... well all you nabours at onece that would be interesting :rofl:

I think it should be you and your "little buddy" Hungary vs. the world. See how big you can get your little buddy :) I think this would be a good new angle to play with. Puppets are nice but not as much fun as having a little buddy! :rofl:

You should serial build factorys to get that nice gearing bonus :)

Jacko the Panda: I know. but mine is without allies! seriously, I know Germany is overdone, but stick with me

pjrap: I plan to go historically nutil Poland. from there, we'll see.

vonfisch: NO ALLIES!! and that's final :D

General Jac: 1 run should do... in this update u'll see wheat I'm producing after that

18xj1.jpg

after sending 10 spies into germany, it's time to start getting rid of approx. 51 foreign agents...

23pi1.jpg

Meanwhile, in Spain, the civil war breaks out.
for some reason, the [icture of me sending help to franco didn't come up. but I helped him, FYI

39fh.jpg

Technology

45sk.jpg

Due to the help sent to Franco (the supplies and money), I'm forced to cancel the building of 2 factories...

57li.jpg

in january 1937, another move towards standing army is made

66yw1.jpg

The struggle against foreign agents continues

73mt1.jpg

the 19 factories r finally built :)

89nu1.jpg

and with all that IC, I start producing. first order of business: CAS. lots of CAS. note that i'll cancel it after 2-4 runes, i won't be needing 120 squadrons

94pk.jpg

and 1 interceptor squadron. this is just to add another squadron to my existing 3... Hey, I did warn u about me being a perfectionist :rolleyes:

103ls.jpg

Good news from the home front! the last foreign agent on German soil is found!

117ty.jpg

Another change of ministers. the results, this time, r cheaper diplomatic costs and more manpower growth.

120gm.jpg

Meanwhile, I guess I'm not the only one going for world domination...

137ag.jpg

The Chinese forge the unified front against Japan

147pw.jpg

Bad news from Spain. the republicans,with Soviet aid, win the civil war

158xn.jpg

Here's something unimportant, yet interesting. since the chinese nationalists never fought gaungxi, they never got their eastern territorys. now, the communists got those territorys, since gaungxi as no cores there :rofl:

165so.jpg

the Japanese don't seem tocare, though, as they advance further into china

176sh.jpg

This is new. Ireland successfully demands north-ireland from the UK... I've enver seen that happen :eek:

186le1.jpg

the first series of CAS squadrons r ready to rule the skies of europe :)

190rq.jpg

I've decided to start building submarines too

205xj.jpg

Japan makes good progress in China, and by November they take the Chinese capitol, which results in the Nanjing Massacare.
this is probably bad to me, only because it makes the USA interventionist

214hl.jpg

January 1938: Germany's army is now fully standing (that sounds stupid. but u know what i mean :D )

That's it for now

I'm gonna take this to be a sign that HOI2 AARland has gone off its Evil USA bender and back on its traditional course of endless German '36 AARs.

No, it's fine. In fact, you must continue this and finish it, because otherwise we might go back to the Evil USA AARs and I'd prefer Germany to that.

Yeah no need to quit, this AAR is going fine. :D

Yeah in my latest game as Germany im actually allied with communist china :wacko: . It`s kind of strange Il say :D

10ve3.jpg

21qo.jpg

32rh.jpg

Production:
NAVs and SS's to help me with my future, inevitable fight against the RN
TPs to... move my divisions around?

40hp.jpg

The first of many U-Boats, destined to rule the waves, r ready

53su.jpg

The USSR begins to purge their military, science and politics leaders... Good :)

65qm.jpg

In the Treaty of Munich, Sudetenland is Given to us. We'll settle for that, ofcourse... :rolleyes:

70io.jpg

82ba.jpg

108li.jpg

Land production:
INF, because they're the backbone of an army.
MOT and SpART because my panzer crops include 2 ARM+SpART and 1 MOT+ENG

90op.jpg

1939's slider move: towards Central Planning

119pz.jpg

Finally, the bloddless occupation of czechoslovakia is complete. Slovakia is created, because I want both the czech cores and the lack of non-puppet allies

129bb.jpg

...And Memel too!

138ft1.jpg

Italy expands their influence in the Balkans

143db1.jpg

And the UK backs poland up, in hopes of stoping me. Huh!

153hn1.jpg

And while the world is busy fearing me, Italy annexes yet another weak, hopeless country