• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by Wulfram
Thrace get's changed back to Greek when Trebizond regains it. Anatolia and Smyrna will stay Turkish and you'll need to convert them from Sunni, but I think it would be worth it.
It depends which thing is more important. Letting Turks capture Thrace will give you Cot, and probably conscription center if you wait a bit more (otherwise, this center will be in Anatolia, which is Turkish province, and provides less manpwer)

In the long run, it would be better not to let them, as it would let Smyrna stay Greek, and thus provide vital manpower for WC plans.

(Btw, WC means toilet in Polish:D)

Yo tha man!

You're the man Peter, you are the man! I would say go east, with a thought of the orthodox balkan provinces and the nationalism risk there. Oh, you are orthodox? Sorry I missed that, day-dreaming you know :). Please don't give me detention :( :) .

Um, Professor?

If the price-indexing model in this simulacrum keys AI-controlled price indices to that of the object lesson, wouldn't a overall increase in price levels disadvantage the AI, rather than the student, who is presumably better able to deal with an environment in which a batallion of full-quantity infantry costs 30d? In which case, the "very hard" label is something of a misnomer?

Lespectfurry lecommend occasionarry lesetting "infration" to 0%.

And the logical next target is none other than Kerch & Kaffa.

I have heard that on this particular world, it is looked upon better by outsiders to take part of a nation rather than all of one, and as they seem to have certain connections to a particular city (what do they call it, a captial, or something like that...), and are unlikely to give that up unless through the entire destruction of the nation, perhaps it would be better to go after those areas which can be taken without the necessary annexation of capital territories. To that end, I might suggest Kaffa, Kerch, Konya, Kosovo, or Adana. As a navy would take a lot of money, perhaps you could attack Konya, Adana, and Kosovo while using excess monies to either build a navy or gain military access through Georgia.

Professor Ebbesen

If I may be so bold as to ask. When does inflation become a problem? 50%, 100%? As has been pointed out by Dyrlac the computer controlled countries are linked to your inflation level so are you going to have to adjust it or just let the leaves fall where they may, or was that pins fall where they will or was that dominos fall in a row or oh what the hell you get what I mean.
:D

Joe

Originally posted by USA patriot

In Sweden too :). Doesn't it stand for Water-Closet or something like that?
Well, i suppose yes... stupid me:eek:

IMHO, high inflation games have it's advantages. It's effects is that opposing countries will have their research greatly hampered, resulting in their higher vulnerability (we all know how hard high level forst are to capture).

While player could, after beign big enough, partly overcome it by building many manufactories. The downside is mainly lack of mobility provided by high-tech navy, and worse anti-rebel capability.

Good god.

Trebizond conquering the world. I can just see King Henry's reaction to this.

"Sire, the nation of Trebizond is at war with us."

"Hah! Those little pipsqueaks. We'll crush em like bugs and annex their nation."

"Sire... the nation of Trebizond rules most of hte baolkans, italy, and the middle east. While we're on the dsubject, I'd like tot ake this oppurttunity to announce I am taking upa new position with castile."

Quick update on inflation: IT IS A BLOODY ANNOYANCE RIGHT AWAY!

On very hard recruiting armies is already very expensive. On the other hand at a certain level you tend not to think about it. 50% or 55% (or 60%) it is all much the same, really. Except, of course, for seeing the stability raising cost skyrocket together with the ever more distant goal of attaining Trade3.

And fighting lots of rebels at Land2 is a frigging annoyance.

And that is my major point. Certain western powers (like France) will easily do decent research anyway. But for me, a resetting of inflation would be a godsend research-wise. At the current rate I will easily pass 1600 before attaining Land5 for storming because of my focus on Trade3 (which I will need to finance my conquests).

Regarding the various strategies suggested: Rather timid, aren't they :)

Waiting for the one province Ottomans to annex the one province Byzantines (when it might as easily go the other way, or they might ignore each other) - Booh.

Taking all orthodox provinces or conquering those beginning with a 'K' - interesting, but see below.

There's a certain choice coming up in 1439 which will bring long term benefits and near total immediate trouble.... Assuming I am Byzantium by then, that is. So I will do my damnedest to be so, and take the historical option, and stick with it.

And then the Mamelukes needs to be cut down to size, and then there is Hungary sitting on some of the best provinces and having the right religion. It will be interesting times for sure. And the gold mine in Steirmarch really belongs to me (it has a CB shield, after all) not Austria. Combined this will prevent Austria from ever arising as a truly great power. (Or I might try making an alliance with them. They would make a good western buffer zone)

And there's a COT in Astrakhan. No CB though, but Astrakhan isn't all that far away, and what is a little BB amongst friends?

And there's another one in Venice and most of Venice's possessions are really my core provinces, anyway, so why not Venice as well?

And these are the plans for the first century or so :) I will be a lucky man if I succeed in even half of them.

Assuming that I am not crushed by the other major European powers who will certainly have the advantage on me in landtech, that is.

Last edited:
Originally posted by Maur13
Peter, what are your plans regarding inflaion. Short, and long term?

Short: Attempting to reach the magical 100% before 1500.

Long: Get rid of it when I finally gain Infra5, but not be unduly concerned about rising inflation until then. Of course by then I should control an awful lot of provinces - I hope.

If an overwhelming majority of the readers favour resetting inflation at some predetermined point, I guess I might do it, but it would feel a bit too much like cheating, though I guess I could script in some nasty or semi-nasty stab loss/rebellion/revolt risk to compensate, or it would feel like a freebee (sp?).

(And until now, the AI has had no problems fielding large armies against me)

OK, I am offline the next day or two, so I expect to post the next real update by Wednesday or Thursday. Feel free to hijack this thread for purposes of long term strategy (assuming the goals set in prior post are achieved) and a discussion of inflation resetting or not.

Last edited:
Oh yes, mine isn't as timid as it looks. I completely forgot to mention Crete and Corfu (I believe that's close enough to "K"), and of course, after the capture of Kerch and Kaffa, Crimea, Azow, or Sochi.

Sir! So is it OK if I change all the provinces in Earth to give me a CD Shield on them? Storey says it's cheating but he's copying my ideas anyway.

And while I'm asking, if I can reset inflation to 0%, can I also reset my 3D treasury to 3000D to make it more realistic?

And sir! Rictus really does need to go to the toilet sir, or else I want to move to the other side of the class.

Originally posted by Peter Ebbesen
G'Kar: Your appalling lack of faith in your teacher has been noted, youngster.
ohhhh, always against the little ones. :( :(
And for how long do I have to stand ashamed in the corner?

It stinks in here, somebody should have been going to the WC, ehmm, the toilet! ;)

Sir, how does my homework looks like?

I've taken slightly different approach. Instead of loaning the money, i took advantage that Venetian Cot was considered as the closest, so during first 9 years i lied down, builiding my presence there, draining treasury, and slowly building up army. Ottomans, the first usual concern of WC plan :)D) expanded annexing Teke, Candar, and gaining Kastamonu. When they declared war on Byzantium, i though it would be good moment to strike, as everyone hated them already. I was very lucky because Byzantines managed to repel Ottoman main army landing in Morea, killing Sultan Murad in the process. After my DOW, Venice, Ragusa, Knights, Dukadir along with Ak Koyunlu and Golden Horde, dowed Ottomans too. The scattered Ottoman forces were easily defeated by my 5/12 military. During the next ten years, i also taken out Byzantium as you said there will be important event soon.

I also have two pictures showing this, sir:)

(Just copy this into your browser, i seem to make some mistakes during reading MrT guide to posting pictures)

maur9.tripod.com/1429.jpg
maur9.tripod.com/1438.jpg

Originally posted by Dan Cook
They don't work. :(
:eek: :eek: :eek:
========
Please Note: maur9 is no longer an authorized member of Tripod. This Tripod member has been removed because they violated our Terms of Service or chose to self-delete. For more information click here.
========
:confused:

Now, that's funny...