• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

rawrawrbangbang

Sergeant
111 Badges
Aug 9, 2008
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • War of the Roses
World at War
The Fight for Democracy

800px-Pavillon_royal_de_France.png

Hello and welcome! This AAR will be based in the Armageddon scenario and I will be playing as Bourbon. Despite the fact that this is my first AAR attempt, I hope to please and suprise. I'm not an amazing player by any means, so I will be playing on Normal/Furious with full tech team/IC takeover. My hope is to update at least bi-weekly, hopefully more often.

Before I go any farther, I should give credit where credit is due. I will be using Remble's format for my AAR. Both of his AARs are amazing and a highly recomended read:

A Creek Without a Paddle - Gotterdammerung - Germany '44

The Setting Sun - Gotterdammerung - Japan '44

The basic update scheme will be monthly narrative updates set as meetings between cabinet members with gameplay updates in between. In addition, there will be Bi-yearly updates chronicling the past six months.

Lastly, a few basic rules that I will apply to my game:
*Limited gamey behaviour
*No reloading due to anything other than corruption
*No game edits
*No cheating

All comments are welcome! Even those criticizing me or telling me I'm doing things badly! Not that I would ever do that :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Introduction - Part I - Ministers

January 1st, 1936, 12am
"Welcome everyone and thank you for coming. Hopefully these monthly meetings can become a reality," said Manuel Azaña Díaz, "I know that since our beloved Louis XX has fallen ill we have all had much on our backs. With this new declaration of war, our job will be increasing ten-fold."​

Picture47.png

Manuel continued, saying "Before we get started, I have a few announcements as to attendance here. First off, Senior Valladares, I'm going to have to ask you to step down. You have served our nation honorably in the prior peace, but we both know you are not a fan of war. Someone inform Sebastían Pozas Perea that he is now employed again." There was a shift in the room as Valladares left. Tension filled the air as the gathered men wondered if they were next. "Vicente, we are going too have to ask you too to step down. We need an experienced soldier in your role. Your work in setting up a civilian air network and boosting our armed forces has been essential, but you are now out of your league. Please bring me Manuel Manchón and inform him of his new role."

"I suppose I'm the next man on your list Manuel." The voice belonged to José Peneria, current Head of the Navy and Intelligence. "I'll save you the work and step down from my naval post now." He wanted to secure at least one of his roles and do it gracefully.

Manuel looked to an assistant and stated, "Etienne Schlumberger." By now the assistant had gotten the gist of his role and skittered off to find the frenchman.​

Picture48.png

"Now that is taken care of, we can start to discuss current matters. As you know, we have just received word that The Treaty of Thrace has been violated by the Prussians. They open-fired on the European Soviets, who returned fire. Being the brash folk that they are, the Swedes decided that they didn't want to be left out and declared war on both sides. We have now been dragged into a full world war. This is not simply a resource or land war, but rather a war of ideologies. Democracy, Communism and Fascism are facing off. Once our new colleagues arrive we may begin with our briefing and the like."​

Last edited:
Count me as subscribed.

Rembles format is the best IMO, and it looks as if you will be including more dialouge, which is excellent.

I always liked the Armageddon Scenarion AAR's, they never seem to get finished though.

Here's to you breaking that trend! :cool:

Btw: Why is Louis XX ill?

yourworstnightm said:
Yup, these are just a bunch of random French and Spanish liberal ministers.

Which apparently is good enough for Paradox. :p

Nathan Madien said:
Hmm...a Bourbon AAR. I think this is the very first time I have ever seen one of the Arma countries get an AAR. Good luck! :)

Nathan, why'd you edit it, your first post was funny, "what is this Bourbon all about....". :rofl:

Maj. von Mauser said:
Nathan, why'd you edit it, your first post was funny, "what is this Bourbon all about....". :rofl:

I changed my post because I answered my own question about what Bourbon was. :eek:o

ArchdukePaul - Thanks! I will surely need it.

Maj. von Mauser - Louis XX is ill because I didn't want to include him in meetings. :rolleyes: On a more serious note, perhaps he has cancer?

I think that since it's a bit more obscure, I will be just that much more inclined to finish it to the end. I love the premise, and it should be a good challenge!

Nathan Madien - Thanks! I was unable to find an Arma AAR, but judging form Mauser's comment, they are out there. If anyone has a link, I would love to read one!

Barón Rojo, yourworstnightm - Since Bourbon is Spain, Portugal, and France, the ministers and leaders all are taken from them. The leaders don't have the same stats as any of the historical campaigns though. I'll cover that in the next couple updates.

Update incoming! I also fixed my first post, since I had Jose fully quitting, when I wanted him as my Head of Intelligence still. The pictures were right, the text wrong.

Introduction - Part II - Diplomacy and Intelligence

January 1st, 1936, 12:30 AM
"Hello all. Welcome to those new and thank you for coming. We will now begin a series of briefings, followed by a general meeting. Yvon, I believe you're first up," opened Manuel Azaña Díaz, head of state for the Bourbon Republic.

Yvon slowly stood up and passed out some documents to his fellow cabinet members. "This first document shows current alliances on the world. As you can see, every major country is involved in this war. The only nation not involved in this war in small Tanna Tuva. They are of no importance.​

Picture46copy.png

"Next, you will find a map showing our allies and enemies in the immediate region. You can clearly see our African holdings along with our location in western Europe. Our Swedish and Cossack allies are also viewable. That's my report. I believe you're next Sebastían," stated Yvon as he shakily sat down. His age was readily apparent and a continual worry to his closest friends.​

Picture29.png

"Yes, thank you Yvon. I have nothing to report. Our populace seems content and confidant in our ability to defend them. There is little to none civil unrest." Sebastían was head of the Gendarmerie and the Sûreté Nationale.

A tall, tanned man stood up. This was José Peneria, current Head of Intelligence and former Head of the Navy. "I'll go ahead with my espionage and technology report." He passed out a packet of documents.​

Picture31.png

Picture32.png

Picture33.png

Picture34.png

Picture35.png

Picture36.png

Picture38.png

Picture39.png

He next stated, "As you know, we are even in technology with our allies and enemies, as dictated by the Treaty of Thrace. We are sure that they are starting immediate research, as are we."​

Picture43.png

"As for our espionage situation, we are again crippled by the Treaty of Thrace. However, since it has now been broken by our enemies, we will now begin operations to install spy rings into our more immediate neighbors," finished, he sat.

Manuel again stood, "Thank you José. Now, time for some coffee..."​

Last edited:
Wow, there is a lot of red opposing you. :eek:

With technology being at bare bones, I will be interested to see what path Bourbon takes - whether it will remain even or become more specialized.

Good Luck. :D

interesting...

i´ve got one question: i never played any of these senarios and i´ve got no time atm so can you say if there are any events in this scenario?

Good Luck!

Lol, Tannu Tuva is of no importance.

Why are they even in the Game?