Workers not getting to work has no consequences!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any news on intended 'tweak' for this?

I liked someone's idea for the happiness penalty for an industry building if an on route worker fails.However I feel that happiness will increase faster than failed attempts to reach work because not enough (if any) workers may also try to arrive in a given time span to counter other happiness increment factors.

I'd simply add a counter to I buildings that increments on each failed attempt of a workers pathfinding to that destination. Then simply have that counter decrease by x every y cycles. If a counter increments to over a configured setting the building becomes inactive(to prevent constant restocked buildings on constant demolition/ early abandonment), and over a second limit becomes abandoned.

Industrial in an 'inactive' state could then have a monetary cost in the form of government compensation (as an eg) for the mayors failure to provide sufficient infrastructure for the business (as election speech promised!!) used to 'pay wages' and lost business.

The increment value for 'failed routing to work counter',its rate of its decline and government compensation could add 3 variables to add different degrees of difficulty/cost(user options!) relating to providing commuter infrastructure to industrial districts

I noticed this issue wasn't addessed in the latest patch (1.1.0) and I was wondering if we could get an update on when it will be. In the meantime, has anyone found a mod that tries to deal with this issue?

Why aren't you updating us on this issue CO?

I feel so dissapointed in the simulation in this game that I havent played it any more after the first weeks. At the moment this game is just a city builder that lets you build nice looking cities with very little challenge since the simulation around people, goods, traffic and tourism is very lackluster.

I think one of the reasons is the day/night cycle, or lack of. It doesnt matter if a worker takes a week (of current game time) to get to work, they are still happy. If this was changed so the max commute time was 1-2 hours or they would look for another job. This would give us a more challenging game to create good infrastructure and not just plop down whatever you like and it works/doesn't matter.

I HOPE there will be an patch to fix the fundamentals of this game so it will be worth playing again.

Reactions:
Yes I felt sure we had been told this was one of the things they were hoping to find a compromise for in the recent patch. On the other hand, has anyone repeated the tests in case anything has changed without it being announced?

Reactions:
No response from CO?

I think the last we heard was:
I can't promise anything specific, but just wanted to let you know that we are currently investigating this issue and feel it is very important :)

I would really like to hear the progress on this issue too. I'm not gonna play this game until this issue is addressed, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Reactions:
Why aren't you updating us on this issue CO?

...on the previous page:

Sorry for the silence! Our programmers are very busy, which is why a solution for this has not made it into the latest patch. We have designed a way to help with this issue, but it needs lots of testing and careful implementation to make sure nothing crucial breaks. But rest assured, we aknowledge this issue and want to make the game work better in this area.

I really don't want to solve this major gameplay problem via a mod eventhough that mod has done a great job so no offense to mod author. But I believe it is a giant mistake which is related with main features those the game cannot do well without them. So, yes, I think this issue has a top priority on my "wait for the update to play it" list. Anyway, thanks for this good game in the name of genre fans and please keep up the good work.

Does the Proper Hardness mod slow down the game -- and if so, how much? We aim to use it for a Succession Game, in addition to Traffic++; I fear that the combination of these two mods might slow the game down to a crawl once we get past 50k residents or so. So I'm asking, has anyone used them both at once and what was the performance like? (Maybe this thread isn't the best place to ask, but I don't want to start a new thread just to ask this question)

I found this on the RockPaperShotgun site for the After Dark expansion pack: "Instead of travelling to work and then back to their houses, with an occasional detour to the park, citizens will now require access to work, home and leisure, using different routes at different times." Maybe the expansion pack will be the solution to this problem.

Reactions:
I found this on the RockPaperShotgun site for the After Dark expansion pack: "Instead of travelling to work and then back to their houses, with an occasional detour to the park, citizens will now require access to work, home and leisure, using different routes at different times." Maybe the expansion pack will be the solution to this problem.

If so, that's great news! I really hope there is a proper workday order.

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.