Workers not getting to work has no consequences!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A

alexblabla

This is since the game's release from 2015..
I tested a city where residental is disconnected from everything, its own island with no connections.

The workplaces still run great, as long as industrial can ship freight and commercial gets customers, nothing will abandon!
The workers that cant reach their workplace get the state "confused" and then stay home with no consequences to the workplace, they still work there.

The buildings just get abandoned after a couple of days and are re-plopped, but during that time, they work with no issue, last thread was killed because no dev managed to bother to solve this
This is why not even 19 euros is worth for all DLCs from Humble Bundle

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    1,2 MB · Views: 0
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
It's a simple mechanic to help keep the city alive.

It works the same for Industries DLC. Just plop industries DLC buildings and cims will work without residential.

Play the way you want. no one is forcing you to use the exploits.

I recommend playing it the way it is meant. It is much more enjoyable.

But how the workers behave, is when you place a job, the worker will get designated a job right away, then the worker will come to it's home, then try to go to work, if it fails, it will keep trying until it fails and then respawn back home. Eventually they don't seem to try anymore. especially if there is no road to take them to work.

This is since the game's release from 2015..
I tested a city where residental is disconnected from everything, its own island with no connections.

The workplaces still run great, as long as industrial can ship freight and commercial gets customers, nothing will abandon!
The workers that cant reach their workplace get the state "confused" and then stay home with no consequences to the workplace, they still work there.

The buildings just get abandoned after a couple of days and are re-plopped, but during that time, they work with no issue, last thread was killed because no dev managed to bother to solve this
This is why not even 19 euros is worth for all DLCs from Humble Bundle
Hope you get your money back from humble, because "Confused" is a consequence.

It reminds me of "i made a bow that did 32k damage and therefore game is bad"
You are complaining about 19 euros??
I didnt complain when Witcher 3 was sold at £20 then at £8 and then put on game pass (i bought it for 20), Same for Elite
Im a true peasant, i actually like being skint. But this amount of money isnt much of an ask from any dev.

Go buy BF5 and you will have something to complain about
Go get Warhammer Total War 3, (between £100-£300 for all dlc) - Civ 6 no different
Better still collect 40k and get your army nerfed when ever new edition comes out (i do)

City Skylines is the best city builder there ever has been and i was there at the beginning, simcity, ttd, things peaked at sim city 4. It was just down hill from there
And then came CSL, it was Simcity 4 on steroids.
It knocked it out of the park, it stomped on simcity and any idea that Maxis could do better
Well done Paradox, Collosal Order and Tantalus for a pretty good port to console

It reminds me of "i made a bow that did 32k damage and therefore game is bad"
You are complaining about 19 euros??
I didnt complain when Witcher 3 was sold at £20 then at £8 and then put on game pass (i bought it for 20), Same for Elite
Im a true peasant, i actually like being skint. But this amount of money isnt much of an ask from any dev.

Go buy BF5 and you will have something to complain about
Go get Warhammer Total War 3, (between £100-£300 for all dlc) - Civ 6 no different
Better still collect 40k and get your army nerfed when ever new edition comes out (i do)

City Skylines is the best city builder there ever has been and i was there at the beginning, simcity, ttd, things peaked at sim city 4. It was just down hill from there
And then came CSL, it was Simcity 4 on steroids.
It knocked it out of the park, it stomped on simcity and any idea that Maxis could do better
Well done Paradox, Collosal Order and Tantalus for a pretty good port to console
Yes but at least the game had a proper management of agents, in this one when the 65k limit is reached, the game stops spawning service vehicles and your entire city dies, because they are still not able to code some prioritization in the engine regarding what types of vehicles should de-spawn and spawn, bragging about a city simulator that forces you to have a maximum number of simultaneous agents and capping your city size is pretty double standard.. the engine was outdated since it was released and in 7 years it is still limited and outdated and not even a single improvement was brought to the game

Yes but at least the game had a proper management of agents, in this one when the 65k limit is reached, the game stops spawning service vehicles and your entire city dies, because they are still not able to code some prioritization in the engine regarding what types of vehicles should de-spawn and spawn, bragging about a city simulator that forces you to have a maximum number of simultaneous agents and capping your city size is pretty double standard.. the engine was outdated since it was released and in 7 years it is still limited and outdated and not even a single improvement was brought to the game
It is not a "simulator", its not even close to one. Nor was sim city
It is a traffic management game where you get to place your city buildings your self
If you are having issues with garbage and deathcare id advise a no nonsense approach to mass transit, for frieght and people.
Half a job wont do it, you will just get bottlenecks and then the despawning issue you mention, also lose the interlocked grid (the get any where from anywhere approach)
Once you have an understanding of whats really happening it is great.
Really easy to make huge cities well past the 65k mark, id say 120k is about max for my little xbox before my fps will suffer,

As for it being outdated, not really. The DLCs have kept the game alive and then the modders kick it right to the moon.
Traffic manager is a popular mod that allows the removal of despawning, as a warning tho if you cant make a city work without despawning on it wont work any better with it offf. It is doing you soooo many favours.

You dont even need the mods, to make something pretty/interesting/functional
Getting to bigger pops reliably does take practice, my first 2 citys disintergrated and im a really experienced city builder.
There is a lot of valuable reading, watching available, much of it is here on front page of forum
Id also advise you to be much nicer to the devs and ask the community what you are doing wrong and why its not working right.
I can already tell you its your traffic management, road hierarchy and lack of intergrated mass transit (without even looking at your city)
Game beat you, so you have 2 choices, git-gud and try again or give up.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/to-grid-or-not-to-grid.1522962/
the guy that posts right after me on this topic explains things perfectly, his tree explaination was great
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/no-goods-to-seel-persists-and-expands-again.1522564/
Someone we help on semi regular basis

Last edited:
Reactions:
Yes but at least the game had a proper management of agents, in this one when the 65k limit is reached, the game stops spawning service vehicles and your entire city dies, because they are still not able to code some prioritization in the engine regarding what types of vehicles should de-spawn and spawn
No penalty for workers actually not being able to travel is agent prioritization. Even if there was a way for them to travel to work, they would be some of the first trips to be dropped from simulation so there's enough room for freight deliveries and service vehicles. The game engine being limited to a certain amount of agents is another matter.

Reactions: