• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

andrii2410

Recruit
6 Badges
Apr 4, 2021
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Prison Architect
Already tried doing a clean reinstall, just like it was suggested and it still doesn't launch, I just get a blank XCode block jumping in the applications bar.

Here is the text that I'm getting from the launcher if I go to ck2 then chow package contents and launch the unix something, otherwise no error text

Code:
Last login: Sat Apr  3 20:18:35 on ttys000
/Users/achemerysov/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Crusader\ Kings\ II/ck2.app/Contents/MacOS/ck2 ; exit;
achemerysov@levy-ve703-05851 ~ % /Users/achemerysov/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Crusader\ Kings\ II/ck2.app/Contents/MacOS/ck2 ; exit;
dyld: Library not loaded: PDXBrowser_IPC.dylib
  Referenced from: /Users/achemerysov/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Crusader Kings II/ck2.app/Contents/MacOS/ck2
  Reason: image not found
zsh: abort 
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.

[Process completed]

I'm using Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.3 and MacBook Air 2020. I have no setting.txt file and all the logs are empty

Last edited:
I've never seen any of our games have an error like that.

Has it ever run on this machine? Or never yet?

If you do a Steam verify operation against the game does it find anything to fix?

Also in Steam please click on Steam-Help-System Info, and paste everything there into a text file and attach that here.

I've never seen any of our games have an error like that.

Has it ever run on this machine? Or never yet?

If you do a Steam verify operation against the game does it find anything to fix?

Also in Steam please click on Steam-Help-System Info, and paste everything there into a text file and attach that here.
It has never run on my machine.

Verify local files says all is good.

My system info from Steam is in system.txt attached.

I think a lot of the users were having this issue before the Big Sur patch was released in February. Actually, when I try to launch the game using files and not via Steam I get what is in the screenshot. The show details info is in details.txt attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.34.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-03 at 9.34.14 PM.png
    99,1 KB · Views: 0
  • system.txt
    1,8 KB · Views: 0
  • details.txt
    2,5 KB · Views: 0
That looks like you are not on the updated version actually. You haven't opted in to any older version of the game in the Steam betas tab? Not running Steam in offline mode to prevent the update?

That looks like you are not on the updated version actually. You haven't opted in to any older version of the game in the Steam betas tab? Not running Steam in offline mode to prevent the update?
No, in the beta screen it says "None" and Steam is not in offline mode, is there anything else I could do to update it?

I guess uninstall the game and clean up all folders it leaves behind, then change your Steam download region to somewhere else, then install again.

This is a consistent problem on Mac. Nothing works. The game just will not play. Old betas will launch, but crash about 10–15 years into game play. The latest beta will not launch at all. The money we paid for this great game has now gone to waste.

This is a consistent problem on Mac. Nothing works. The game just will not play. Old betas will launch, but crash about 10–15 years into game play. The latest beta will not launch at all. The money we paid for this great game has now gone to waste.
I promise you this is not a general problem across all Mac users. The game runs fine on my 2017 iMac for instance, MacOS 11.4

Do you get exactly the error in the OP here? Or something else?

Either way you may as well try a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-CK2
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/CK2 AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK2 folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam CK2 or Documents CK2 locations, before installing again.

**File Locations on Mac OS X**
The executable and DLC folder are in Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/Crusader Kings II/
To see it go to the Finder, hit command-shift-G (ie Go To) and type in ~/Library/ .
The user files (settings.txt, error logs, saved games, gfx, mods) are in /Users/USER/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/ .