• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hardradi

Lt. General
34 Badges
Apr 20, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Prison Architect
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
WMMTitle.jpg

WONDERS MINI-MOD
Version 0.9

REQUIREMENTS
------------
- EU:Rome Vae Victus 2.1
- English language only

If anyone can think of any other "wonders" I have missed, please let me know. In particular, I am still looking for some megaliths for France and Spain.

Comments and suggestions on modifiers are welcome. Changed the Hanging Gardens population modifier from global to local:
trigger_modifier09.jpg

Everything appears to be working. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions or finds an errors.

Attachments

• Wonders Mini-Mod.rar
    285,9 KB · Views: 107
  • Version 0.9.rar
    313,5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Looks like your right Earl. I always had a perception that it was in Anglia.

Will shift if over to Dumnonii (or Bumnonii :)). Thanks for the feedback.

I would really like some feedback on the Tigris/Euphrates region, that is a nightmare. It looks like something really went wrong with that region in the Vanilla map. I am sure RIMP will fix it.

Is that 5% population growth modifier global? If it is... is that +5% (so pop growth will be giant) or 5% more than usual?

I believe its +5%, so yes it will impact. Its on the basis that the gardening and watering technques increasing farming technology of the country owing the Gardens. Maybe +1% would be better ?

will this work with Imperium?

Not without some modding, you would need to adjust the following files:
- common/triggered modifiers.txt
- gfx/interface/triggered modifiers.tga
- interface/province.gfx

Otherwise I am sure it will appear in Imperium in the future ;)

Last edited:
Looks like your right Earl. I always had a perception that it was in Anglia.

Will shift if over to Dumnonii (or Bumnonii :)). Thanks for the feedback.

I would really like some feedback on the Tigris/Euphrates region, that is a nightmare. It looks like something really went wrong with that region in the Vanilla map. I am sure RIMP will fix it.

As for Mesopotamia, as far as I can see there are just two things wrong, the location of the rivers and the province Seleucia. I actually once did some work towards moving the rivers to the right place (and making the Zagros mountains well mountains rather then plains), but couldn't get the terrain map to look right (though it looked good in all other mapmodes). The rivers should more or less run one set of provinces to the west (if you wish I could provide at least one screenshot of how it looked for me, maybe not 100% accurate but much better then what there is now), as the actual provinces are fairly correct. With the exception of as mentioned Seleucia, the city should actually be in the Opis province as Opis (late known as Ctesiphon) and Seleucia are actually on the opposite sides of the river.

As for this whole work, it looks good.

As for Mesopotamia, as far as I can see there are just two things wrong, the location of the rivers and the province Seleucia. I actually once did some work towards moving the rivers to the right place (and making the Zagros mountains well mountains rather then plains), but couldn't get the terrain map to look right (though it looked good in all other mapmodes). The rivers should more or less run one set of provinces to the west (if you wish I could provide at least one screenshot of how it looked for me, maybe not 100% accurate but much better then what there is now), as the actual provinces are fairly correct. With the exception of as mentioned Seleucia, the city should actually be in the Opis province as Opis (late known as Ctesiphon) and Seleucia are actually on the opposite sides of the river.

As for this whole work, it looks good.

Yes, its a real mess in that area. Its painful to look at Babylon, sitting out in the desert with no river. The river shifted around a bit over time but not that much.

Yes post a couple of screenies of what you have done. I usually dont use the terrain mode so I might use it.

Would a better temporary solution be to shift the Babylon province to Opis and get rid of Opis altogether. Then squeeze in a province above it to represent Seleucia and Ctesiphon. Also then shift Ecbetana "city" into the mountains to the east of the Tigris. The former Seleucia province can be barbarian.

I think that it would be both easier and more worthwhile to put the Euphrates and Tigris rivers in their right place. As far as I know, the main reason for the terrain map not being as it should, is because the paths haven't been replaced. Hopefully someone from RIMP could come here and provide better info.

Yes, its a real mess in that area. Its painful to look at Babylon, sitting out in the desert with no river. The river shifted around a bit over time but not that much.

Yes post a couple of screenies of what you have done. I usually dont use the terrain mode so I might use it.

Would a better temporary solution be to shift the Babylon province to Opis and get rid of Opis altogether. Then squeeze in a province above it to represent Seleucia and Ctesiphon. Also then shift Ecbetana "city" into the mountains to the east of the Tigris. The former Seleucia province can be barbarian.

As requested.

As can be seen it is not perfect, but due to difficulties with the terrain, I never did more, the rivers can (and probably should) still be altered a little bit more. Also Zagros should be made slightly higher I think.

Here there was some screenshots, that as they now have done what they were supposed to have been removed as to not distract from the actual mod this thread is really about

And this is how it looks in terrain view, while I did some work with it, it still didn't look good and that file is huge (this screen does not show how it would look with what I did then, but suffice to say it was not that much better). But if you still to use it I could provide a .zip-file with rivers.bmp and topology.bmp.

Here there was a screenshot, that as they now have done what they were supposed to have been removed as to not distract from the actual mod this thread is really about, the .zip-file attached to this post is for what was in those screenshots, and don't directly relate to the mod of the thread

Last edited:
Hmm, the new topology and rivers look alright, nice job!, though that green stuff is still there and the mountains are made of sand. Have you tried resetting the province paths, afaik it should work (I tried checking if this was the case; but it kept crashing during the load-up on rivers.).

Hmm, the new topology and rivers look alright, nice job!, though that green stuff is still there and the mountains are made of sand. Have you tried resetting the province paths, afaik it should work (I tried checking if this was the case; but it kept crashing during the load-up on rivers.).

That is because this is without even trying to use an altered version of the big bitmap that shows how the terrain should look, partly because as I said I didn't get a good result, partly because it is (or atleast was) somewhat complicated to get that one working in a mod.

Should note that after Hardradi have said his about it, I think I will remove those screenshots from my post, after all they aren't that relevant for the actual mod this thread is about while being somewhat noticeable.

Looks good Lof (apart from the damn green stuff). I to have had a play with the huge map file and found it a real struggle to alter the terrain in an acceptable manner.

Still I wouldnt mind having a shot at spraying over the green for a start. Can you send throught the file to me ?