• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

wolfrider66

Private
60 Badges
Feb 28, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Knights of Honor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • War of the Roses
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Gettysburg
  • Heir to the Throne
  • King Arthur II
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Starvoid
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • War of the Vikings
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
Wolfrider66 here,

A couple years ago I had some very negative thoughts about the makers of SotSII. I always knew, and I stated, that SotSII had the most potential of any 4X turn based space sim out there. I felt compelled to return here to say I won my first game (single player) ever, of SotSII. Five hundred and twenty turns of pure fun, with absolutely no crashes. I said then that if the game was fixed up, I would say "I'm sorry" and I am a man of my word. Although I am not a frequent user of these forums, I feel that a message like this may be seen by others and they may load up a play through a whole game and see just how far you the Developers have come and how hard you must have worked to get the code fixed up. I apologize for any harsh statements I have made in the past and hope to become a regular member of these forums; If you'll have me.

I am Olwolf in the chat room in game so give a shout out if you see me. I am too newbish for multi-player right now but in the future I will probably play as the humans. There is something strong feeling about the way their ships look that really appeals to the space nerd in me. The game I just won came down to me against the Zu'ul "The faithful" for the last 200 turns or so. They had already wiped out the other two races, but those wars gave me time to dig in and be ready for them. My steady expansion policy payed of as I quickly got each new colony up and functional with the maximum number of stations each system would allow. Also I was super lucky in that I got almost all of the researches I deemed as "vital". Whether you might deem the same ones as "vital" is anybodies guess because i made my assessments without much knowledge of the game.

I can't imagine how complex making a game like SotSII is, but you have pulled it off and I hope we both stay with it for the years of fun to follow.

wolfrider66
Olwolf
"Make your own luck"

:)

Thats good to hear... I think most true fans will make their point fairly when things are bad and then hold up their hands when they are "corrected". If that makes sense. Its been a long road for Kerberos and I imagine there could be more on the horizon depending on how many people are happy to sign the petition for more content/dlc's.

So if you havent already I suggest you go to the PETITION thread and make a post there.

Hopefully youll get alot many more turns of enjoyment out of the game.

You should go to the Kerberos forums and sing the praises of ddub, a one man tech support/beta creator/patcher extraordinaire, and since paradox hasn't funded Sots2 since the release of the Enhanced edition, all of his support has been unpaid volunteer work and he's still at it! :eek:hmy: