• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm sorry, but there really is no reason to assume that commoners behave any different ;). Right now, it mostly sounds like an excuse for Martin's writing, like the one he made when people called him out on the fact that some people got so old in medieval times. His answer (I believe) was that 'genetics works differently in Westeros'.

Not really trying defend Martin's work just trying to make sense of things with what's available. (Martin is a great writer but not flawless. Too many characters with some being used only once then never heard of again [ex. Weasel], too many branching storylines that lead nowhere and too long gaps between publication of each book[Yeah, I'm part of the camp that thinks he should hurry the hell up]) The assumption that old gods following commoners behave differently is based purely on my opinion and how I interpret the class system in Westeros. Nobility in Westeros are as detached from the commoners as slaves are with their masters in Slaver's Bay. The Northern nobility has a lot more interactions with the southern nobility and must adhere to their standards in order to be received properly. The North's commoners on the other hand are not only detached to the nobility but also detached from other northmen with the vast expanse of the North separating each village by hundreds of miles from each other. I believe each Northern village practice its own form of Old God worship (which is why I called it similar to pagan worship, reformed only because they don't sacrifice people) because of this. But, as I said, this is purely based on how interpret things and I am not making an argument.
(P.S. I wish a book will be published that will flesh out all religions in this world. I think the Old Gods only got a few sentences in the World of Ice and Fire. :mad:)

I eagerly await your updates. :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
Exellent Writing, KUTGW

Oh, by the way, guys:

if you notice my writing getting either better or worse in subsequent updates and put the finger on why that is, don't hesitate to tell me! I always appreciate tips and criticism, if constructive!
Your writing is superb but we will be the 1st to point out any errors hehe

Prologue

Part V: To Kill a Lion

“TRAITORS! I… I am YOUR KING! Your rightful king!”

As Hosten dragged him along, the Lannister abomination screamed and thrashed, accompanied by the laughter of the soldiers. In the far corner of the throne room, the old queen was screaming as her youngest son was ripped from her arms. A few soldiers ripped at her gown and pulled her to the ground, eager to indulge into much-fantasized about rape, but Hosten yelled: “No!”

This was, it turned out, the source of many a raised eyebrow and confused stare. Was this not the reward for good service? The ‘spoils’ of victory? What kind of man had not fantasized about deflowering the rose of Highgarden, of despoiling the Lannister queen on the march south? The new queen, the old queen… they might be two very different sides of the same coin, but this was a coin made out of untarnished gold, a trophy.

It was not to be. ‘King’s orders’, as Hosten himself snarled.

The grumbling this caused was soon forgotten, however, as the king himself marched into the throne room, his clear eyes fixed, not on the iron seat in the back, but on the whining boy that had murdered his father. Behind him walked the Blackfish and Maege Mormont, their eyes bright with the lights of victory

“Bring him to me, lord Trent!” Robb said.

Hosten nodded and dragged the king forward, threw him down and kicked him in the side. The yell the Lannister boy brought forth at that was high-pitched, a girl’s voice.

“Who’d follow a king like that?” A soldier grunted.

Men nodded their assent, so soon already forgetting the piles of bodies outside of these very doors, and yes, the piles of bodies inside these very doors: white armors caked in the red blotches of blood, the Kingsguard, or at least those valiant enough to die for their sovereign. Balon Swann, Meryn Trant, Arys Oakheart… the others had fled, or were imprisoned. These were the men that had died for Joffrey.

“Joffrey Waters,” Robb said, his voice solemn, yet shaky, “I accuse you of the murder of my father and the death of the thousands in this war. By my victory here, the Gods have deemed you guilty.”

The boy, dropped to his knees so suddenly, looked up, mouth agape and eyes wide open. His crown was botched and didn’t sit right on his head anymore, his body seemed to mimic that of a fish on dry land. The only thing royal about him, it seemed to Hosten, was his hair, that was as yet of an unsoiled golden colour. Without his royal powers, his kingsguard, and the prestige of those that had come before him, those kings that had been so much more, Joffrey ‘Baratheon’ was but a scared little boy with a deranged cruel streak.

He’ll die. So it shall be.

“No…” the boy muttered, “NO!” he screamed, “I AM THE KING!”

“Just saying that word don’t make you one, boy,” Hosten said grinning, and grabbed the boys’ small shoulders. “Now, I don’t know you very well. I never will and I’d never want to, by the GOds! But I reckon you’ve never done anything proper in your entire spoiled little Southern life… so for once, do anyone a solid and hold down that scrawny neck of yours so the king can cut it off for us!”

Panicked, Joffrey instead stuck his head up into the air, terrified of the sword Robb was now picking up from the ground. The Young Wolf stared at its golden sheath and the ruby in its back.

“You Lannisters…” he muttered, “You gild everything that’s simple and right, steal it and shape it into whatever you decandent thing you want! After justice is had, ‘Widow’s Wail’ will be taken to the forges, and it will simply be Ice again… a simple thing, a weapon of justice... lord Trent. Please.”

Hosten nodded, grabbed Joffrey’s hair to keep him up and grunted: “Kick ‘im!” to a nearby soldier. And so it was. The soldier, a young lout with a big mop of hair plastered on top of a small face, might forever fondly remember the moment he kicked the false king in his gut and saw him bend over in pain and surprise. But certainly, even more fondly remembered, however, would be the moment that Widow’s Wail flashed down and hacked Joffrey’s head clean off, in the midst of a final sentence: “I AM YOUR-”

Joffrey ‘Waters’ Lannister would go down in history as the king who remained foolhardy until his dying breath.

When Joffrey died, Myrcella felt confused. Confused about being happy she was that he was dead, and confused about how the northmen had handled Joffrey’s execution. Robb Stark had not changed into a wolf to eat Joffrey alive, nor had his men feasted on him. Indeed, there hadn’t even been so much as a jape from the victors: brother’s body was just left there, lying on the floor, while the big woman took his head outside. Myrcella didn’t know what for, and she didn’t want to know. For now, she was simply waiting to die. The Northmen were talking, but she wasn’t listening. Uncle nudged her shoulder, mumbled something about being sorry, but it was no longer interesting to her. It was a horror! In a year, her life had devolved into this… misery, and there was no getting out of it… the only thing she looked up for was to look for mother, her habitual source of comfort, but mother was sobbing over Joff’s body and Tommen was the one comforting her.

“Everyone but you and you and you that’s just a fucking soldier,” as he spoke, a big man next to the king pointed at three soldiers, “Get out of this chamber!”

Another man, an old man, with a black fish sewn upon his chest, walked up to her and knelt.

“You are Myrcella Lannister? Don’t answer, you don’t have to. If I were you, I wouldn’t be all that afraid. Be brave now, and you will get through this.”

Robb Stark, King in The North, stood before the Iron Throne with his hands at his sides, clenched into fists. His clothes were simple: a fur cloak, a crown of iron on top of a face that looked slightly chiseled. Even she, in her dazed state, could noticed he looked a thousand time more like a king than her brother, not because of his looks, but because of his bearing.

“This moment, I will judge all the Lannisters in King’s Landing for murder and treason. Although he is not here, this includes Jaime Lannister.”

He shook his head and looked around. Held down by a single guard was uncle Lancel, guarded by another was uncle Tyrion. A last guard towered over mother and Tommen, who both seemed unsure of what was going on in the first place.

Once more, she didn’t understand. She didn’t understand what the ‘king’ wanted, she wanted to yell at him that he had already killed her brother, why couldn’t that be enough? It was never enough, oh, all the bodies...

She’d only now noticed, but as the tears and snot started flowing for kind ser Swann, who had always been nice to her and Tommen, Robb Stark started to speak again.

“Tyrion Lannister?”

“Yes?” Was the answer. Uncle sounded weary.

“You have worked for a false king… you have, therefore, condoned my father’s death. It was your handed that lead the Crownlands in the war, wasn’t it?”

Tyrion sighed and took a firm step forward.

“I’m not sure what sort of trial this is… but it is more than your father ever had, so I might as well go along with it, no? My dearest condolences for your father. An honorable man, I have heard. It led him to the south, to the secrets of my dear sister, and to his death. I did not want to follow him, this is what you accuse me of? The dwarf’s grand scheme? I could not stop my nephew from killing your sister, I failed in that… but that is all I’m guilty of! I kept this city calm, and my family in line. That is all. If you expect me to beg… my stature may be small, but I still have some dignity. And I’ll have you know that the Gods judged me innocent of trying to kill your little brother”

Robb laughed wryly.

“Oh, I don’t mean to kill you. I had some men ask some other men some questions… it seems you were nice to my sister, a single man amongst all in the court who had some courage. That took guts, Lannister. You’re coming north with me. A hostage, Tywin’s heir, whose life will keep the peace.”

Tyrion’s muscles, held tight until now, slackened and he muttered: “So there is some mercy in the world for my kind after all…”

Robb nodded as Myrcella’s heart fluttered with relief. Uncle would stay alive! Someone nice would stay alive!

“For yours, there is. For Myrcella and Tommen Lannister...”

Her heart froze.

“There is as well. We don’t butcher children in the north, and we certainly will not while I reign. They will be taken as hostages and brought to the north.”

And her heart lived once more. The north? She had been there before, remembered dancing with a Robb Stark that had seemed very different to her then, ah… such a cheery girl she had been. Could she be one again?

“Lancel Lannister is innocent. He will be released.”

As she pondered her faith, now so consigned to the barren plains of the north, she almost didn’t hear the final verdict.

“As for Cersei Lannister… to the crimes of incest, adultery, and plotting the murder of my father… she is deemed guilty. She will be brought to the north, and executed along with her brother.”

Mycella’s mouth dropped, all she did was stare at the king, then at mother, then at the king again. Mother was still crying, but exultantly clinging to Tommen and Joffrey’s corpse and screaming: “NO! You cannot do that to me! Do not take me from them!” At the same time.

Myrcella didn’t know what to do… incest, murder? Mother wouldn’t, she wouldn’t!

“You lie!” She screamed at Robb, “It’s a lie! Mother!”

Uncle grabbed her and put his hands over her mouth, and Robb ignored the girl that was now thrashing in the arms of a man he had just convicted. Through her tears, she didn’t see his face, but she could still vaguely notice the pain in his voice as he said: “Joffrey, Tommen and Myrcella Waters have been deemed spawns of incest. They are henceforth the offspring of Jaime and Cersei Lannister. All three of them… are bastards.”

In the midst of the overflow of information, which she only vaguely registered, Myrcella had one very odd thought. It wasn’t about her future, or her death, or that of others. It was, actually, a very childish thought.

If she was a bastard, she was a princess no more. No more plays, tourneys, or regal addresses. It was only now she realized that was gone. She had been much, and now she was nothing. All that was left was the certainty of the North’s cold and the remnants of her brother’s semen between her thighs.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Bit of a hasty post (so I think there'll be weird sentences and odd words, and I miiiiiiiiiiight have just been a little lazy with my descriptions, now that I'm looking everything over), since it's late for me and I'm tired, but I really wanted to finish the prologue! So, the stage is set for the real story... I warn you all: for some time, the story will be somewhat more 'tranquil' for a while as the war is over and the North's a lot more peaceful than the south... for now.

I'll drop some screens and a reply post tomorrow or the day after tomorrow :)

By the way, I think it's cool that there have been more Stark AARs after I started this one. I like to think people remembered how cool Robb's gameplay is after they read this... which might be wishful thinking, but hey, we are free to dream ;)

Last edited:
I'm fine with some tranquil chapters. Some amazing characterization can happen in times of peace. Overall, wonderful prologue. I look forward to the real story's beginning.

wow.jpg

Well, congratulation, siempie78, I'm nominating you for Writer of the Week. I really enjoyed reading your AAR, especially the siege of Kingslanding and the sacking of the Septry by Maege.​

Congratulations on the nomination, siempie78. Your AAR is going really well, keep up the amazing work

Well done on the nomination-richly deserved!

A good update but a couple of points:

• I think you mean thrash around in someone's arms not trash as you wrote
  • Who is 'The Rose of Highgarden'? Don't you mean the Rose of Casterley Rock if you are talking of Cersei? High garden belongs to the Tyrells no?
  • What does this 'Waters' sobriquet mean? I am presuming it's equivalent of Sand for Dornish bastards and Snow for those from the North?

• Who is 'The Rose of Highgarden'? Don't you mean the Rose of Casterley Rock if you are talking of Cersei? High garden belongs to the Tyrells no?
  • What does this 'Waters' sobriquet mean? I am presuming it's equivalent of Sand for Dornish bastards and Snow for those from the North?

Waters is the surname of any bastards born in the Crownlands. I'd have to reread the update but I think 'The Rose of Highgarden' is referencing Margaery Tyrell.

Reactions:
Waters is the surname of any bastards born in the Crownlands. I'd have to reread the update but I think 'The Rose of Highgarden' is referencing Margaery Tyrell.

Well that's what I thought re Margaery but isn't it Cersei the soldiers are wanting to rape in that scene?

Exciting read!

Thank you very much!

Great read so far

Thank you very much as well!

Exellent Writing, KUTGW

Thanks a lot!

I'm really glad this AAR is appreciated!

I'm fine with some tranquil chapters. Some amazing characterization can happen in times of peace. Overall, wonderful prologue. I look forward to the real story's beginning.

I hope to deliver!

wow.jpg

Well, congratulation, siempie78, I'm nominating you for Writer of the Week. I really enjoyed reading your AAR, especially the siege of Kingslanding and the sacking of the Septry by Maege.​

Aw... :oops:

This makes me so happy, in fact, that I'm writing the next update right now! Thank you!

Congratulations on the nomination, siempie78. Your AAR is going really well, keep up the amazing work

Thanks! As I said, I'm really glad people appreciate this AAR, it's great motivation to keep on writing and to deliver the best work you can! I hope to keep the character development interesting as we enter somewhat 'cooler' times.

1. Damn you, English language. Damn you. Thanks for pointing it out!
2. 'Rose of Highgarden' is Margaery's nickname.
3. Yup, it's the bastard surname for the Crownlands :).

Reactions:
Prologue

Part VI: Suicide

Joffrey was dead. His mother and father would soon be dead as well. The thought brought Robb no peace: he was alone now, one man standing before the Iron Throne like an ant before a mountain.

There was nothing he could do but the honorable thing, his heart would never let him do otherwise. But what was the honorable thing to do in his position? Not to take it for himself: he had no claim, no right to it. To take the Iron Throne would be to show that birth was irrelevant to him, that all should be ruled by the man with the greatest army.

There was no honor in that.

He could invite Stannis up north, to the capital, give him a crown and pretend to make peace. But the man had no more armies and neither did the Crownlands. Indeed, Tywin or Mace would crush him, whatever happened. If Stannis wanted to rule, he’d have to beg them for peace, and then he’d have to rescue Tywin’s heirs and swiftly, to appease the man. The war would continue.

‘So many things to handle, so many things to do...’ Robb muttered.

He knew what the most viable alternative was. To leave. To let King’s Landing be, to let the claimants and Lords Paramount fight and die amongst themselves, and truly that was what seemed the most sensible to him. The South had spent its armies. It was no longer a threat to itself. One way or another, there would be peace.

It was time to leave. It was time to go home.

“Home…”

For two years, he had been away. How were his little brothers doing? How was old Luwing holding together? And Theon? No word had come after he’d sent him back to his home. Robb wasn’t happy. The deaths he had caused as king, the misery he had witnessed in these years… it weighed heavy on his mind and soul and made gaunt his face, dark his mood. Father, Sansa, Arya… dead. But justice had been served, the North had been freed and his family avenged. Ice would soon be on his hip again and Grey Wind at his side.

Home. It was time to go home.

Some days after the army arrived at Riverrun, Myrcella’s stupor started to slip into depression. During the march north, she and Tommen had been shunned, looked down on, yet treated like royals all the same; only the nice old man, the ‘Blackfish’, had told her that almost as soon as they’d left King’s Landing, royal armies had marched into the city unopposed and declared themselves in support of Tommen, as of yet still the ‘rightful’ king, bastard or no. Uncle Stannis had been defeated, imprisoned, executed.

“Robb feels guilty about the two of you,’ the Blackfish had told them, ‘So you’ll be treated like royal guests. Just don’t make any mistakes about it: you are not viewed as king and princess, but as two bastards. It would be wise of you to realize that, it will help the hurt disappear.”
She liked the man. He was old and grumpy, which reminded her of grandfather Tywin, but really nice as well… he didn’t pity her and Tommen, nor shun them, instead listening to them when they felt lonely and then keeping them company. When she’d asked him why, he’d laughed and said: “When the king’s mother and uncle were young, I was the one they came to when they felt troubled. It’s an old habit, hard to get rid of, and I like you both. It’s not fair, nor right what happened to you. Damn those that say otherwise: you are not your mother, and you are not your father!”

But still, after they arrived at Riverrun and she was again hit with the sight of a castle, of bright towers and the flowing of water, she was struck with a desperate longing for home, for when everything had been simple and all she had to think about was whom she would be engaged to. She’d come out of her stupor, only to feel broken, and lonely. Her little brother had started to keep to himself, muttering strange things and wandering around the camp even before they’d arrived: the sight of Riverrun was devastating to his mind. He started to speak incoherently and screamed for mother randomly and by the the minute, but she was condemned, and could not be seen. All those with a heart found it being broken as they viewed the fallen brother and sister, once so high, now struck so low. Those without a heart grinned and muttered that the madness of incest was claiming what was its due by right among each other.

As the festivities started and the beer and spirits reached waiting gullets, as the northerners danced, fucked and were merry, Myrcella felt the old feelings of abandonment grow even more intense. If only there was someone, someone, to talk to, someone to comfort her… but there was no one. The Blackfish was gone now, on ‘important business’, and so she wandered, going a little mad, like Tommen. There was no consoling him anymore… how to talk to someone that will not listen?

Perhaps… she should jump of a the highest tower here. There had been stories, of desperate princesses, so so enamored with dead former lovers, that they had ended their own live. Her situation was worse: no one would ever love her again, for she was less than nothing now, a waste of space that most thought should be dead. She was not stupid. She could read it in their faces, in their hateful eyes and judgemental stares and it broke her, killed her inside.

Yes, a tower! The Seven frowned on suicide, the Grand Septon had often preached on that, but it didn’t matter. They’d left her all alone… she stood straighter, and walked past the revelries, her mouth set and her gaze determined. This was her faith. She was strong, strong!

She muttered encouragement to herself as she walked up any stairs she could find, higher, higher, promising herself that she would not cry, never that, never cry!

As she arrived at the top of a rather small, rather low tower, her now tangled curls swept up by in a soft, not even that cold, northern wind, she thought to herself that this was not that bad a place to die for someone like her.

She allowed herself a smile as she walked over the tower’s parapet, climbed on top of it, and shut her eyes. Perhaps, in the end, there would be freedom.

She fell.

Robb grabbed the girl by her waist as she dropped from the tower, pulling her back towards him, both falling to the stones below. He stood and yelled: “What were you thinking?!”

She started to cry in big, heaving sobs, her little body shaking with the power of it, snot flowing down her face. He’d recognized her by her beautiful hair: Myrcella Lannister. A girl who had now tried to kill herself.

Overcome by guilt, he pulled her up from the ground and tried to look her in the eyes, to tell he was sorry, but she put her head down and tried to rip herself free.

“Let me go-ho-ho!” She screamed, “LET ME GO!”

He’d been such a harsh fool… so busy trying to prepare for meeting uncle, for arranging the meetings and festivities, apologizing to Riverlords for the Sack of the Septry, that he’d forgotten two persons in the army that he should have felt the most guilt towards, the children whose lives he’d ruined.

“I’m not going to let you kill yourself!” He said, “I won’t have it!

She didn’t answer. Exasperation came up: she was just a child! Like his sisters, and he had let this happen…

“This was my fault,” Robb said as she powerlessly tore at his grip, “All my fault, I… I should never have bothered with my accusations, it wouldn’t have mattered and now I’ve done it for both of you… Hosten was right…”

His hands trembled. As a king, he’d succeeded. As a man, he had failed. And this was his problem: he did not feel himself to be a king. He felt himself a boy, a failure of a boy, who had ruined countless lives, only to avenge a few. He remembered her happy face now, from all those years ago in Winterfell… it seemed an eternity. When his family had been together and father had ruled in those cold plains, Jon had trained with him and the Baratheons had visited. When he and Theon laughed at Joffrey’s girlishness, when Arya and Sansa had been fighting and pouting, then making up again. When this little girl had danced with him, giggling and utterly infatuated. Vaguely, he remembered that he’d felt she could be a proper match for him one day, someone bright, someone exotic… how it all had turned to ash in his mouth and dust in his eyes, his future and his hopes.

Then, Myrcella stopped her struggling and fell into his arms, crying into his furs, letting out so much terror, it seemed to him she’d been building it up all this time.

“He to-hook me…” she cried, “He took me!”

A hand of ice gripped his heart.

“W-what?!” He stammered.

“Brother…” Was what she mumbled into his clothes.

It was enough. He understood, then, and he could stomach it no more.

“No more. I have hurt you enough, already. Come with me.”

He held her close to him, a bit awkwardly, but he could find the courage to push her away. This was how he walked down, through the halls filled with the merry, to Riverrun’s great feasting chamber where the nobles were drinking and celebrating that it was they who still lived. As they came in, many looked up and started to shout: “THE KING IN THE-” Only to see an abomination of incest clinging on to him and to freeze mid-sentence. ‘What is the meaning of this?’ Robb could almost hear them think. Gently, he shoved Myrcella away a little, just enough for him to be taken seriously.

“Riverlords, Northmen! We’ve fought long for this victory, and we’ve earned it! We can drink all we want now, safe in the knowledge that we are no longer threatened by anyone!”

“Aye!” It was shouted.
“But we have also failed. We have failed to create peace in the South, and the South has solved its own problems. Our prisoner has been declared king. His own subjects have declared his ancestry irrelevant: while he’s known now as a Lannister, the High Septon has declared him legitimate. Whether under force of arms or not, we’ll never know. But the fact is that we’re dealing with a king! The child Tommen is a king!”

“Kill him then, Your Grace!” Someone shouted, and people ‘ayed’ their assent, “Kill him and be rid of the bastard.”

Robb shook his head.

“No. I will forgive you this transgression, whoever you are, but I will not sully my honor any more. The Lannister children are king and princess, and I will personally take them under my wing. I carry the duty and honor of generations upon my back, and I won’t see it soiled by delivering a bad ruler to the south. I declare myself guardian of Tommen and Myrcella… Lannister. They are now royalty again. They will be treated as such.”

His subjects stared at him as if he had lost his mind. They could stare. He’d done the right thing, whether they knew it or not. The south had chosen its king: it was Tommen. And so he would keep Tommen safe and raise him as best he could, and care for his sister as best he could.

“Thank you, Your Grace!” She whispered.

He took her hand and brought her outside, walked with her to the river. Together, they stood in front of the water in silence, guarded by none for a while. He said: “I’ve got many stories to tell you, and you’ve got many stories to tell me. I hope that, one day, you can forgive me for what I’ve done to you, my lady.”

He stared at the water as it flowed past, listening to Myrcella as she said: “It.. it’s not your fault, your Grace.”

“It is. It is my responsibility, all of it. Life… life is nothing to me anymore. It has lost it’s luster, as the wise men might say. But you are a princess. Not by birth anymore, but still by bearing. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise, and one day you will return south and be a princess again. The Targaryens practised incest, and we all shut up and let them do it. We should not hiss at your birth. You are a fine woman, your brother is a fine man. You have reason to be proud.”

He felt no more joy. He had failed as a man, as a brother, as a son, as a protector. Whatever he might make up to Myrcella paled in comparison.

But he had a kingdom to rule. And as he stared into the river’s flow, envying its unthinking acceptance of the labor it had born for untold without complaint, waiting for his guard to erupt from the castle to plague him with their concern and help, he realized that he could not die, did not consider it, because he had a duty. Towards his people. To steer them through the times ahead and help them survive. Winter was coming, and he could fail no more.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
A nice update. I have high hopes for Tommen and Myrcella. I'm also looking forward to some information about the Greyjoys (I like Theon).

Very nice. I just did a runthrough as Robb, Converted Myrcella into the Old Gods faith. Watch out for foreign kings though, they like war.

A wise decision by the young King! He should give himself a pat on the back rather than considering himself a failure.

So he is now King Tonmen's guardian?

Last edited:
A nice update. I have high hopes for Tommen and Myrcella. I'm also looking forward to some information about the Greyjoys (I like Theon).

Well... I'm experienced at writing fantasy (in dutch) so naturally, I've got an artistic license to 'make shit up (TM)'
Which is rather necessary, since The Greyjoys just... don´t do anything. For all my glorious decennia of gameplay, they just sat on their Isles... but like I said, what is the truth in gameplay, does not necessarily have to be the truth in this AAR... (although I am slavishly devoted to RPing character traits, but yeah...)

Very nice. I just did a runthrough as Robb, Converted Myrcella into the Old Gods faith. Watch out for foreign kings though, they like war.

Robb gameplay == best gameplay ^^. Best events and decisions.

I'd comment on what foreign kings did in my playthrough, but I'm hardly gonna spoil the exciting things ;).

A wes decision by the young King! He should give himself a pat on the back rather than considering himself a failure.

So he is now King Tonmen's guardian?

Well, he's clinically depressed now, since he got the depressed trait :(. I just have to roll with that.

He's now the guardian of Tommen and Myrcella, which might not really have a happy ending, since almost all in The North look down on them. But who knows? ;)