Wiz we had combined and massive Allied naval invasions

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Variton

Colonel
90 Badges
Mar 25, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • 200k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Achtung Panzer
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
This was something I wished long for HOI3 and the AI was never truly capable to do it. Depending on version and expansion we got very different types of landings, but anything on the level of Invasion of Normandy was never accomplished.

Is the battle system and AI for HOI4 planned to be able to accomplish this? I mean building up a huge combined force of different nations and then landing it on enemy territory?

This was something I wished long for HOI3 and the AI was never truly capable to do it. Depending on version and expansion we got very different types of landings, but anything on the level of Invasion of Normandy was never accomplished.

Is the battle system and AI for HOI4 planned to be able to accomplish this? I mean building up a huge combined force of different nations and then landing it on enemy territory?

AFAIK they have talked about issuing commands to allied armies through the battleplan system. I think this doesn't go far enough - you have to be given direct control over allied armies under the correct circumstances (i.e., not controlling the US as Luxembourg, but controlling the Romanian army as Germany).

AFAIK they have talked about issuing commands to allied armies through the battleplan system. I think this doesn't go far enough - you have to be given direct control over allied armies under the correct circumstances (i.e., not controlling the US as Luxembourg, but controlling the Romanian army as Germany).

Good. So the system is there, isn't issuing commands thru battleplan system almost the same as direct command if you control your own armies with that as well? But can this be used to launch a naval invasion (and furthermore, can AI manage something like that)

Normandy is just too big an event in WW2 for a WW2 game to ignore it (or similar actions)