Wiz is stepping down as Game Director of Stellaris

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsingis

Lt. General
99 Badges
May 8, 2014
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
He just announced it on stream. Wiz will step down as Game Director of Stellaris, and move to a secret, unannounced project.
He will hand over the game to Daniel Moregard, former Game Designer of Stellaris.

On one side I'm hyped that Wiz, (the best game director of Paradox in my humble opinion) is working on a new project.
On the other side I'm careful, because I don't know what to expect from Daniel.

We all know what happened to EU4 when Wiz stepped down, but I'm carefully optimistic, since Daniel seems to have a similar vision for Stellaris as Wiz.

He posted about it on twitter as well. The forum rules don't allow linking anything outside the forum if I recall correctly, so you just have to go there yourself^^

Victoria 3 confirmed!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Though I had always known that this day would come, I at least hoped it would happen after the mythical diplomacy update. I can only hope that Wiz's successor will be as passionate and creative with the game as Wiz was :). Best of luck to them.

Last edited:
I had hoped he would stay on until after the Diplomacy overhaul, but LeGuin lays the ground work for Stellaris for years to come. Grateful for what he did with Stellaris.

He did a great job with brave choices and made Stellaris a much better game for the future.Yeah the last DLC needs a lot of work but that it just fixing bugs.The design is massive improvement.

I hope this doesn't stop the diplomacy vision he had.Galactic UN's,etc.

Speaker voice

"Attention please. Victoria 3 hype train is leaving from platform 9, Victoria 3 hype train is leaving from platform 9"

They anounced the diplomacy DLC will come at some point. And that they will slow down the pace for stellaris to have more time for bugfixing. And this is really a good thing...

To Wiz: Thank you for not being incompetent, and I hope you bring glory to Victoria 3 (Sidenote: There is no proof that Wiz is working on Victoria 3. However, he is working on Victoria 3, and I refuse to accept any evidence otherwise)

To Daniel: Assuming you are not incompetent, I look forward to your work, and I hope you bring glory to Stellaris.

I'm not too sad actually. Wiz and the dev team lost some goodwill with the FTL-changes back then. But they managed to create some nice expansions on the base of these changes, so he leaves on equal footing for me.:)

We all know what happened to EU4 when Wiz stepped down, but I'm carefully optimistic, since Daniel seems to have a similar vision for Stellaris as Wiz.

So when was Wiz the game director of EUIV? Which expansions are his work?

I'm a little sad, since Stellaris has been so strongly Martin's vision (which is awesome) but it's far too early to say anything about future development. I just hope the diplomacy DLC will have more internal struggles, civil war mechanics etc. Please, stay away from EUIV model where every DLC just stacks more and more bonuses.

So when was Wiz the game director of EUIV? Which expansions are his work?

I'm a little sad, since Stellaris has been so strongly Martin's vision (which is awesome) but it's far too early to say anything about future development. I just hope the diplomacy DLC will have more internal struggles, civil war mechanics etc. Please, stay away from EUIV model where every DLC just stacks more and more bonuses.
More or less every Dlc before he came to Stellaris he was the director

Status
Not open for further replies.