• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After HoI3 and the outcry caused by its numerous bugs, paradox put their act together and adopted a policy of releasing games more or less playable from day 1. I hope that they will remain true to this policy, even if that means that we will keep drooling on this forum for another year.

We are, have no doubt. These days Paradox is 100% dedicated to release polished and fun games on release and not rush things. We just had an MP event and played hoi for 15 hours without a single out of sync with 22 people, although we did have 2-3 individual crashes it was something we could rehost fast, so stability wise things are great for alpha. I'll give a little update on stuff in the dev diary next friday about the event and what happened there.

However changing your announcement policy doesn't make us forget the announcements already out there and i really wish that when you realized that you have still much work to do on the project somewhere around march or april, you could have shown a bit more finesse in your communications.

Absolutely, our bad definitely here. We werent sure exactly how we would organize stuff in march etc so figured no info was better than potentially wrong info, BUT as we realized this was not a good decision, not with dedicated fans planning vacations and stuff around games its not showing proper respect.... but to iterate, when we decide an exact date we are 100% on holding we will communicate it, but not before this. We already made the mistake of giving out dates too early and have no wish to repeat the mistake again. Don't go expecting a release in summer though, thats not going to happen.

Reactions:
Like a lot of others around here, I am patiently waiting for release, whenever that occurs.
However, my ability to wait patiently is affected by my need for more scraps from Podcat's table - screen shots, more info - ANYTHING and OFTEN.

You see, the last game I bought and played (and I am still playing) is HOI3. That game has left me unable to play much else as other games just don't attract my attention or desires like they once did. Paradox has ruined my life.

I now find myself floating from 1 day to the next, checking the forum several times a day, searching for any bit of new information or a tasty screenshot or two.

I just can't help it, I keep telling myself I can handle it, but I am deluding myself. Just one more look on the forum there might be something, just one more look before bedtime...
Heart racing, I log on, and if there is a post from Podcat, or Dark Renown, then the excitement flows, but then, the hammer blow as you realise it is just a small text reply, rather than a juicy screen shot or 2.
Downwards goes my morale, sleepless nights follow, the depressing situation almost too much to cope with. Then as I awake in the morning, there is a chance, just a small chance, that there is something on the forum, that maybe Podcat could not sleep and felt compelled to post some juicy screenshot. I race through to breakfast, fire up the laptop and log on...only to go through the whole cycle of disappointment all over again.

For the sake of my sanity, my health, my marriage, my relationship with my children and my friends, please before I lose it all, just one more screenshot before bedtime....I can handle it..

Reactions:
Like a lot of others around here, I am patiently waiting for release, whenever that occurs.
However, my ability to wait patiently is affected by my need for more scraps from Podcat's table - screen shots, more info - ANYTHING and OFTEN.

You see, the last game I bought and played (and I am still playing) is HOI3. That game has left me unable to play much else as other games just don't attract my attention or desires like they once did. Paradox has ruined my life.

I now find myself floating from 1 day to the next, checking the forum several times a day, searching for any bit of new information or a tasty screenshot or two.

I just can't help it, I keep telling myself I can handle it, but I am deluding myself. Just one more look on the forum there might be something, just one more look before bedtime...
Heart racing, I log on, and if there is a post from Podcat, or Dark Renown, then the excitement flows, but then, the hammer blow as you realise it is just a small text reply, rather than a juicy screen shot or 2.
Downwards goes my morale, sleepless nights follow, the depressing situation almost too much to cope with. Then as I awake in the morning, there is a chance, just a small chance, that there is something on the forum, that maybe Podcat could not sleep and felt compelled to post some juicy screenshot. I race through to breakfast, fire up the laptop and log on...only to go through the whole cycle of disappointment all over again.

For the sake of my sanity, my health, my marriage, my relationship with my children and my friends, please before I lose it all, just one more screenshot before bedtime....I can handle it..

Hopefully you're half joking. :)

It will not be out this year. Alpha has been approved, but there is at least six months + holidays before we can have the earliest possible release.

When we have a fixed date, we'll tell you.

Reactions:
It will not be out this year. Alpha has been approved, but there is at least six months + holidays before we can have the earliest possible release.

Not surprising but it's still good to have a confirmation. Thanks for at least stating as much.

Reactions:
We haven't given any new release date except for "when its done" for now. We shouldnt have annouanced the project so early, and in the future you wont see paradox titles announced before alpha.

Creative Assembly did some polls on their boards to assess which games the fans are most interested in. That's how they came up with Total War:Warhammer.
What about something similar here?

Sure, sales numbers are an indicator, but they neglect factors like "franchise fatigue".
Let's take Vicky2. When you guys announced it, it was probably not excpected to sell enough to warrant two expansions. But maybe people are fed up with it and are not interested in a third installment. A poll in combination with the available empirical data would be a good indicator though.

Reactions:
continued....

6 or more months of my forum addiction, I might go MAD, what am I to do......I can't take it anymore..

My wife or HOI what is to be, one I get immense pleasure out of, the other is my wife.

You can help save this poor soul from it's torment, more screenshots, animations, even a little video or two.

I promise, that will see me through, just a regular dose of screenies, I can manage then.

Reactions:
I cant say im surprised by the delay with the info I have now, but a release that is allmost a year late makes me want to ask, what did you think when you set the first release date, which I believe was feb/march 2015?

Things happen and a delay is ok, but next time set realistic release dates

continued....

6 or more months of my forum addiction, I might go MAD, what am I to do......I can't take it anymore..

My wife or HOI what is to be, one I get immense pleasure out of, the other is my wife.

You can help save this poor soul from it's torment, more screenshots, animations, even a little video or two.

I promise, that will see me through, just a regular dose of screenies, I can manage then.

I was like you once, wandering the endless hallways that are the Paradox Forums, searching for that one shiny little titbit that would light up the day.
Once I was like you, but I have discovered BlackIce mod in the subforums a few weeks ago, and consider myself a recovering hall-wanderer.

But yeah, that's just me - Paradox should consider saving that man's life with a regular stream of screenshots ... do it for him & his soul !

btw. I almost dropped my cup on that wife remark :D:D

Reactions:
Well this sucks donkey balls... I just don't know what else to say...

Reactions:

Congratulations to all of the team on getting the Alpha approved.

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

Now we move forward. Stop the bitching about what happened with announcing the game too early, and enjoy the more regular DDs and info from the youtubers and other media that get given access to the game.

Reactions:
Congratulations to all of the team on getting the Alpha approved.

"Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. but it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

Now we move forward. Stop the bitching about what happened with announcing the game too early, and enjoy the more regular DDs and info from the youtubers and other media that get given access to the game.

Im not bitching, I´m merely giving good advice which is something that is helpful to the receiver in the future. If I was bitching, the statement would have been a lot different.The reason for not bitching is that I to make mistakes

Reactions:
Once I was like you, but I have discovered BlackIce mod in the subforums a few weeks ago, and consider myself a recovering hall-wanderer.
To all who have HoI3 TFH and have burned out playing it for whatever reason checkout some of the great mods. Be careful they can be addicting.

Reactions:

This. Very much this.

Alpha being approved means (assuming here, correct me if I'm wrong) that the game is feature-complete. So DDs and screens should be more frequent (after the holidays).

Nice to know. Thanks for the info @podcat and johan!!!:)

C u when the next dd comes out and keep up the good work!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.