• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We haven't given any new release date except for "when its done" for now. We shouldnt have annouanced the project so early, and in the future you wont see paradox titles announced before alpha.

Reactions:
After HoI3 and the outcry caused by its numerous bugs, paradox put their act together and adopted a policy of releasing games more or less playable from day 1. I hope that they will remain true to this policy, even if that means that we will keep drooling on this forum for another year.

We are, have no doubt. These days Paradox is 100% dedicated to release polished and fun games on release and not rush things. We just had an MP event and played hoi for 15 hours without a single out of sync with 22 people, although we did have 2-3 individual crashes it was something we could rehost fast, so stability wise things are great for alpha. I'll give a little update on stuff in the dev diary next friday about the event and what happened there.

However changing your announcement policy doesn't make us forget the announcements already out there and i really wish that when you realized that you have still much work to do on the project somewhere around march or april, you could have shown a bit more finesse in your communications.

Absolutely, our bad definitely here. We werent sure exactly how we would organize stuff in march etc so figured no info was better than potentially wrong info, BUT as we realized this was not a good decision, not with dedicated fans planning vacations and stuff around games its not showing proper respect.... but to iterate, when we decide an exact date we are 100% on holding we will communicate it, but not before this. We already made the mistake of giving out dates too early and have no wish to repeat the mistake again. Don't go expecting a release in summer though, thats not going to happen.

Reactions:
It will not be out this year. Alpha has been approved, but there is at least six months + holidays before we can have the earliest possible release.

When we have a fixed date, we'll tell you.

Reactions:
Well, just some weeks ago they said something about weekly DDs from June onwards.
That's puzzling to me. That would mean at least 25 more DDs which is obviously not going to happen.

I got about 36 dev diary topics to pick from

Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.