• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Singleton Mosby said:
Ain't it a little over three kilometers an hour? Not that much for tanks, trucks and halftracks I suppose. I can do it walking....:)

well, you just can NOT walk 24 hours a day !

that said, excellent update ! ! :cool:

This seems like a cool AAR, I like the idea with a "HoI2-war" in the eyes of a single soldier

Thanks for the good comments, I am happy you like it so far. In the next parts they will arrive at the front and this will be some shocking wake-up call. :)

On the comments of their fast movement, Sepp Dietrichs divisions where Panzer divisions, so they would not have a single problem with this.

On this AAr I have a few questions:

Are the post too short or too long?
Do I update frequent enough or not?
Are there too much pics or do you like more?

Last edited:
Kiev, a city on fire

wikcuff.jpg

When we first saw the suburbs of Kiev the next day our troops had already captured them. All around the streets where littered with the garbadge of war. Burnt out trucks, discarded rifles, helmets and so on. Death soldiers lay here and there and some wounded where sitting with their backs against the walls of damaged houses. Most of the death where Russians, and none of the wounded German. This made us feel confident. We knew we where better soldiers and when we would be wounded our medics would aid us in the shortest possible time.
Our trucks drove us into the city across squares full of rubble, on one of them a big statue of Lenin was missing its head and an arm. On another Stalin had fallen from the base altogether. Then we drove into a small park and the trucks halted. Before us was a large encampment of our troops. Soldiers, dust covered, some bandaged sat all around, some of them looked proud others worried and some just had empty eyes, looking into nothingness. We dismounted our trucks and where led into the big tents by some of our officers. Before us where tables laden with food of every possible kind. I had not eaten so well since I left home five months ago. After all of us finished we where marched to the east, into further the city, marhing like on a parade.

wehrmarch.jpg

Kiev had been won yesterday. The Bolsheviks had fallen to a massive bombardment, the one we had heard. Subsequently the First Hungarian army and four German divisions had attacked the defences from three sides and smashed right trough. Within a day the Bolsheviks where evacuating the city leaving behind thousands of wounded and dead. As we walked trough the streets firing went on but this where only small pockets. Our regiment, ‘Westland’ would be put inot action against one of those remaining pockets on this side of the river Dneiper.

When our company halted within a garden between two large concrete buildings the rattling of machine guns became very close. Later I saw two men of our company had been wounded by this burst of fire. Across the street in our front stood some older buildings from the Tsarist period of Kiev. As we where covered within the garden the low hum of tanks approached from the rear. Three Pzkw 2’s and two Pzkw 3’s where about to support our advance.
As I looked about I saw the faces of nervous men. We had seen some real battle yesterday but compared to what was before us that had been absolutely nothing. This time there would be machineguns, tens, maybe hundreds of enemies and whom knows what else. When a young lieutenant signalled with his hand most of us rose at once to our feet and advanced. The tanks raced forwards and peppered the buildings across the street with bullets and some shells. Covered by this fire we began to advance across the street as well. Of the few bullets which hissed past from the Bolshevik side of the street only a single one hit. With our backs against a white wall we waited for the tanks to make another move but at that moment all was silent and nothing moved. “All right, the tanks will advance slowly along the street and we will follow.” Spoke another office, this one a captain. “Our goal is the grey building with the columns and the red flag. As we approach the tanks will open up on everything that moves inside. We do not expect there to be more then a dozen of them but stay careful nonetheless.”
The last words of the captain where drowned in noise as the tanks advanced leaving a cloud of smoke from their exhausts. On of the smaller climbed a pile of rubble on the corner of the street created during our initial advance. As we slowly filled along the opposite of the street a large explosion shattered our eardrums followed by a second. The small tank on the corner of the street was thrown on his side with some extensive damage to the front. The crew climbed out. To our rear one of the Pzkw 3’s was a burning torch, apparently it had driven across a mine or explosives. At that moment the wall alongside which we walked was flogged by bullets from all windows on the street. Shards of plaster struck my face and arms but others where not so fortunate, they where hit by bullets and fell. As the remaining tanks reversed the company skedaddled to the rear, leaving a dozen dead and wounded.

ajv.jpg

"We will smoke them out with the artillery and Stuka’s.” A grim-faced sergeant commented. “What about our wounded?” was the question of a boy faced soldier. “The Medics will be here within minutes."
And so they where. Four of our guys where dragged from the street by those heroic men as the Reds ignored the red crosses on their helmets. Later, we where still covered in the gardens, four Stuka dive bombers blasted the Bolshevik stronghold to pieces. Another ten minute barrage reduced the building to rubble. This stronghold had fallen but our company did not see it as a victory at all.

Last edited:
HJ Tulp said:
Trotsky? In Stalinist Russia? :)

He ain't no Communist? Well too bad. I will change it into Stalin...;)

Need to do my research better next time :)

Singleton Mosby said:
On this AAr I have a few questions:

Are the post too short or too long?
Do I update frequent enough or not?
Are there too much pics or do you like more?

they are just right, don't worry
updates are frequent enough, just keep up the pace
I could do with more pictures but the way it is is great also

Just cought up. Great AAR I must say. Keep it up!
And for me, the lenght of the posts is ok, as well as the number of pictures.

Singleton Mosby said:
He ain't no Communist? Well too bad. I will change it into Stalin...;)

Need to do my research better next time :)

He was a communist allright, but he and Stalin did not get along, and Trotsky lost the power struggle. He was unjustly considered a traitor and counterrevolutionary and had to flee the USSR soon after the death of Lenin. Stalin had him murdered in Mexico in 1940.

The Yogi said:
He was a communist allright, but he and Stalin did not get along, and Trotsky lost the power struggle. He was unjustly considered a traitor and counterrevolutionary and had to flee the USSR soon after the death of Lenin. Stalin had him murdered in Mexico in 1940.

Or rather, Stalin had his agents murder him

Josef Stalin in Mexico City would not go un-noticed, and how was he supposed to get there!

kenneththegreat said:
Or rather, Stalin had his agents murder him

Josef Stalin in Mexico City would not go un-noticed, and how was he supposed to get there!

um...I believe Yogi was right. Stalin had him murdered=Stalin sended someone to murder him

Great AAR, keep up the good work *thumbs up*

All right I got my computer (at home) working again. So.....I can post real screenies (if you want em) and continue the campaign into Russia.

Thanks for the nice replies :)

20000721markt.jpg

The banner reads (translated from Dutch):
V for victory, Germany wins on all fronts!

wikcuff.jpg

This morning a Berlin news-paper reached us. Altough my German is not that well but I could make up more then enough to be startled by the news. Of course I knew the German armies in the Ukrain where making great headway but the news from all fronts is the same. Germany is winning everywhere and before Christmas the Bolshevik state will be no more and the German standards of culture, progress and humanity will be everywhere. The greater Germanic empire will rule the European continent. Those dogs in England and overseas will be on their knees before us, pledging to join Germany as the great nation of the future. The thousand years Reich of the Furher is being build at the moment I write this.

On the 20th of June we fought in the streets of Kiev, aiding the XI Armee eradicating the last pockets of resistance. On the 22nd we where in a reserve position when the northern Banhof was stormed. I still thank God we did not have to take part in the attack as the Reds blew the Banhof-hall with a company of our soldiers. In the end it was taken but the costs where severe. I have never seen anything like it and do not wish to see a battle as savage again. From the 22nd onwards we where moved to the southern parts of Kiev, a quiet place without any fighting and so we where able to rest and clean ourselves. The news I read of the other fronts was interesting; Riga had fallen only a day after Kiev, on the 21st of June. Our armies where fast moving towards Moscow and Leningrad.

On the southern front our Heersgruppe is preparing for the battle of the Crimea. Our own part of the front (northern- and central- Heersgruppe-Sud) will be moving across the Dnjepr within a few days. What our target will be from there is unknown to me the only thing I know at the moment is the rest we all are enjoying after this hard journey trough Poland and the Ukrain.

Last edited:
Does this guy knows anything about the size of his army and tech status?;)

Spricar said:
Does this guy knows anything about the size of his army and tech status?;)

He knows about the rifle he is carrying: A mauser

Mau-K-98.jpg

The truck he is driving

opel-blitzes.jpg

The tanks which of the 3. panzer division Pzkw 2's and Pzkw 3's

pzkw2.jpg

pzkw3.jpg

But I know the stuff you wanna know:D. At this moment 'Wiking' is a 1940 Motorized division. Within a month it will be a 1942 Motorized division.

kenneththegreat said:
hmm, good looking. You seem to be avoiding my mistake of using Mot.divisions in marshes...

:rofl: The Pripet marshes where taken by my infantry. But I am not always that smart. Have been hauling divisions of Panzers across mountain ranges ;).