• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yea I read that and like she said they can't give any specifics yet. And nothing she wrote contradicts what I said. A character screen or some quick kill shot drinking blood,etc. And finally there is no mention that you will see your face. Third person shots can also be from behind your character.

Just like it was in the first one...

I know! Everybody makes these pictures of grotesque monsters for Tzimisce. If I were a Tzimisce I would turn myself into a goddess of perfection where everything was in perfect symmetry, to the point where it was so perfect it has this uncanny valley effect.
That is actually something the Tzimisce sometimes do.

I know! Everybody makes these pictures of grotesque monsters for Tzimisce. If I were a Tzimisce I would turn myself into a goddess of perfection where everything was in perfect symmetry, to the point where it was so perfect it has this uncanny valley effect.
This sound amazing ...
But wasnt kind of exactly this the Appearance skill points in Bloodlines1? :p

I know it did not reflect on your character, but it should. :D

This is what I've done for one of my larp-characters! She's a perfectly made up 50s-woman with a... penchant... for collecting skin for... various... uses. Mmmmm Tzimisce <3

Personally, I'd replace "Good and Evil" choices with morally ambiguous ones because I find those more interesting and fitting in a world full of monsters. You can't change your nature but you can try to be a "lesser evil" to an extent. The best characters and stories I've read are usually those filled with grey areas and ambiguity - no clear line separating the "hero" from the "villain" of the story. All choices have consequences, good or bad, and someone who will suffer because of them.

Last edited:
Lots of good suggestions.
I'd also add choice of havens, some with drawbacks and advantages.
I'd never exist somewhere a Prince I didn't trust (so thats all of them) had assigned me.

edit: also animal ghouls too

1: Choosing the clan from the start.
2: Third person (especially melee and feeding).
3: No weapon durability.
4: Weapons not being discarded just because they ran out of ammo.
5: Playable Lasombra.

1: Choosing the clan from the start.
2: Third person (especially melee and feeding).
3: No weapon durability.
4: Weapons not being discarded just because they ran out of ammo.
5: Playable Lasombra.

They don't say weapons are discarded because they ran out of ammo. They say you should discard them if they run out of ammo and you can't reload to get a new working one. Which does make sense. Would you rather us a weapon without ammo than a weapon with ammo? It doesn't seem to be forced but it would be better to do it.

They don't say weapons are discarded because they ran out of ammo. They say you should discard them if they run out of ammo and you can't reload to get a new working one. Which does make sense. Would you rather us a weapon without ammo than a weapon with ammo? It doesn't seem to be forced but it would be better to do it.

30:00 - 31:05. "The combat in BL2 is supposed to have that kind of energy from a good action movie, where a hero is shooting and shooting and suddenly the weapon clicks. He looks at it at throws it away because, in this moment, it's not useful for him anymore." Later on, he adds "Purely mechanically, you're looking a durability mechanic for melee weapons and we're looking at you discarding ranged weapons when they are out of ammo and you can't reload anymore."

I don't remember him saying you "should discard the gun" like it's an option - once it's empty, you throw it away and look for another one. No option here.

Last edited:
Except they do.
Florian explained how guns are used in today's stream at 30:00 - 30:30.
You discard them as soon as they run out of ammo because they're no longer useful and look for alternatives.
They haven't put up the stream again (that i can find, its not on their Twitch page, not on any of their Youtube accounts), so im not sure if we are supposed to talk about it or not (per @DebbieElla 's request)..but that was probably more for the actual Ventrue reveal than anything else.

Yes, Florian said that (going by a 17 or so hours old memory here, so its not exactly going to be verbatim) that the design choice was the "action movies" where the hero uses his weapon, runs out of ammo, throws the gun away, goes in to pummel his next opponent, and then might find a new gun somewhere in the vicinity (like perhaps out of the hands of the guy you just dropped). It was something along those lines. It was addressed specifically, probably because of the thread that got locked.

Edit : Never mind that, @IvoryOwl found it :)

Last edited:
30:00 - 31:05. "The combat in BL2 is supposed to have that kind of energy from a good action movie, where a hero is shooting and shooting and suddenly the weapon clicks. He looks at it at throws it away because, in this moment, it's not useful for him anymore." Later on, he adds "Purely mechanically, you're looking a durability mechanic for melee weapons and we're looking at you discarding ranged weapons when they are out of ammo and you can't reload anymore."

I don't remember him saying you "should discard the gun" like it's an option - once it's empty, you throw it away and look for another one. No option here.

Read it again. Btw listen to it again. 'we're looking at you discarding ranged weapons' sounds like you have to discard them manually. Or is this just my bad english?

Also he talks about reload, which means you CAN reload them.

Read it again. Btw listen to it again. 'we're looking at you discarding ranged weapons' sounds like you have to discard them manually. Or is this just my bad english?

Also he talks about reload, which means you CAN reload them.
Go back to 29'ish minutes and listen to his answer before he starts elaborating.. that has the answer you are seeking (but are desperately trying not to hear) :

Anders : "So apparently, we've mentioned at some point, or at least there has been some idea that weapons might break once you use them ingame. Is this true, and is it also true for guns ?"
Florian : Right.. so this is one of those moments where the short answer again, is "yes", but please hear me out and listen to the long explanation.

There is your answer.. weapons are temporary.

Florian elaborates : "The fundamental idea can be easiest described with the gun. The combat in Bloodlines 2 is supposed to have that kind of energy that you know from a good action movie, where a hero is shooting and shooting and suddenly the gun clicks. He looks at it and throws it away because, in this moment, it's not useful for him anymore. And over there is a gun some mook? dropped, and the hero rushes over there, possibly socking somebody in the jaw on the way over there, grabs it and keeps going".

To address your "reload" theory specifically :

Florian said : "Purely mechanically, we are looking a durability mechanic for melee weapons and we're looking at you discarding ranged weapons when they are out of ammo and you can't reload anymore". With everything else thats been said, this statement seems very easy to interpret. If you have a pump shotgun, you are reloading for each shot (by racking the slide).. and once it is out of shells, the shotgun is discarded. (same thing with a bolt action rifle, etc etc).

Nothing he said even remotely implies that you keep your weapon and reload it. He also went into great detail about "strewing the levels with lots of powerups so that you could get regular access to your favorite weapon", etc.

Go back to 29'ish minutes and listen to his answer before he starts elaborating.. that has the answer you are seeking (but are desperately trying not to hear) :

Anders : "So apparently, we've mentioned at some point, or at least there has been some idea that weapons might break once you use them ingame. Is this true, and is it also true for guns ?"
Florian : Right.. so this is one of those moments where the short answer again, is "yes", but please hear me out and listen to the long explanation.

There is your answer.. weapons are temporary.

Florian elaborates : "The fundamental idea can be easiest described with the gun. The combat in Bloodlines 2 is supposed to have that kind of energy that you know from a good action movie, where a hero is shooting and shooting and suddenly the gun clicks. He looks at it and throws it away because, in this moment, it's not useful for him anymore. And over there is a gun some mook? dropped, and the hero rushes over there, possibly socking somebody in the jaw on the way over there, grabs it and keeps going".

To address your "reload" theory specifically :

Florian said : "Purely mechanically, we are looking a durability mechanic for melee weapons and we're looking at you discarding ranged weapons when they are out of ammo and you can't reload anymore". With everything else thats been said, this statement seems very easy to interpret. If you have a pump shotgun, you are reloading for each shot (by racking the slide).. and once it is out of shells, the shotgun is discarded. (same thing with a bolt action rifle, etc etc).

Nothing he said even remotely implies that you keep your weapon and reload it. He also went into great detail about "strewing the levels with lots of powerups so that you could get regular access to your favorite weapon", etc.

I really can't see it. For me it reads like 'If you have no ammo you should discard your gun and take a new one, but of course you can reload if you want, but if you can't find ammo, why should you keep this gun?' Also that's not was reloading means for a gun. You interpret reloading in a completelly different fashion just to fit your theory. Yes weapons are temporary. Because they are useless without ammo and why should you keep a gun without ammo during a battle? It would of course be better to take a new one. They specificy spoke about ammo and reloading.

I really can't see it. For me it reads like 'If you have no ammo you should discard your gun and take a new one, but of course you can reload if you want, but if you can't find ammo, why should you keep this gun?' Also that's not was reloading means for a gun. You interpret reloading in a completelly different fashion just to fit your theory. Yes weapons are temporary. Because they are useless without ammo and why should you keep a gun without ammo during a battle? It would of course be better to take a new one. They specificy spoke about ammo and reloading.
The reason i interpreted it that way was because Florian said : "once you have emptied the weapon, you throw the weapon away". What could be clearer than that ?

The reason i interpreted it that way was because Florian said : "once you have emptied the weapon, you throw the weapon away". What could be clearer than that ?

It's not really clear. Yes you throw it away because what else should you do? Fight without ammo? You have an empty weapon and there are full weapons lying around. What would you do? Throw it away if you don't have more ammo. They specifically spoke about 'reload' in the other quote. And there is no other interpretation of reload. Reloading is a VERY specific process. There is only one interpretation of reloading which is (according t Merriam-Webster): 'to put a charge or load into a weapon again'.

It's not really clear. Yes you throw it away because what else should you do? Fight without ammo? You have an empty weapon and there are full weapons lying around. What would you do? Throw it away if you don't have more ammo. They specifically spoke about 'reload' in the other quote. And there is no other interpretation of reload. Reloading is a VERY specific process. There is only one interpretation of reloading which is (according t Merriam-Webster): 'to put a charge or load into a weapon again'.

"Also referred to as slide-action shotguns, pump-action shotguns are commonly used for hunting and trapshooting applications. In contrast to lever-action and bolt-action shotguns, pump shotguns are ideal where speed is a must, as they don't require the trigger hand to be removed when reloading" Source.

"A pump-action or slide-action firearm is one in which a forend can be moved forward and backward in order to eject a spent round of ammunition and to chamber a fresh one. It is much faster than a bolt-action and somewhat faster than a lever-action, as it does not require the trigger hand to be removed from the trigger while reloading. Once fired, the forend is slid rearward by hand and the expended cartridge ejected. It is then reloaded by manually moving the forend to the front" Source.

etc.

"Also referred to as slide-action shotguns, pump-action shotguns are commonly used for hunting and trapshooting applications. In contrast to lever-action and bolt-action shotguns, pump shotguns are ideal where speed is a must, as they don't require the trigger hand to be removed when reloading" Source.

"A pump-action or slide-action firearm is one in which a forend can be moved forward and backward in order to eject a spent round of ammunition and to chamber a fresh one. It is much faster than a bolt-action and somewhat faster than a lever-action, as it does not require the trigger hand to be removed from the trigger while reloading. Once fired, the forend is slid rearward by hand and the expended cartridge ejected. It is then reloaded by manually moving the forend to the front" Source.

etc.

This doesn'Ät apply to all guns only to very specific ones. He wasn't talking about this things but about guns in general, We we normaly talk about reloading it involves changing the magazine.