• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ian David

Recruit
1 Badges
Mar 22, 2019
  • Pillars of Eternity
Please bring back some of the main theme music from the first Bloodlines.
Alternatively if your going for mostly new music, give us the option for a secondary soundtrack on playthrough.

But I'm stoked this game is finally being made. Looking forward to it.

Isolated, yes.

But also some new songs that are actually from the Goth Rock genre would be nice. Almost every song in VTMB1 was industrial metal with some trance thrown in.

And I want Bela Lugosi's Dead in vampire game, dammit. I don't care how cliche it is.

I do love the music from the original - and Seattle is a perfect location to find older music and people who "liked it before it was cool." That said, this is a contemporary game... so contemporary music with the same "feel" would definitely be a worthy choice.

I remember when the first Bloodlines was coming out there was a similar thread on the old Troika forums, there were lots of great suggestions.

Someone brought up quite a fitting song for Bloodlines and I thought I'd post it up off the bat because I think it should definitely be a song included in a club or something in game,
Cruxshadows - Bloodline.

The Cruxshadows have actually been used with Vampire: TM before, in a compilation album that White Wolf did in the early 2000's for the fictional Succubus Club ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_from_the_Succubus_Club ) so it would seem quite fitting to come full circle and have one of their songs (or more, Marilyn my Bitterness is another great one) in Bloodlines 2.

Another band that I think would be quite fitting is Front 242,

And Fad Gadget,(this song would be great as a theme for a really ancient vampire who's been around forever and has grown tired of dealing with the same problems from humanity over and over)

Then there's your more famous Gothic rock bands, Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy, etc.

So what are some of your musical suggestions for songs/artist that you've love to hear in game?

Something EBM, Dark Electro or (Industrial) Techno if they really want to go all out on contemporary "hip" music (which, at the same time manages to stay off the mainstream and remain "underground" for the most part).

In case they're looking for someone well-known and respected and dare I say "popular" to model after or base on an in-game performer/DJ/producer character/NPC - nobody better suited for that than Helena Hauff at the moment:

Last edited:
I hope they bring back Isolated by Chiasm, from the original bloodlines

Last edited:
I wish it would be left to player choice, or perhaps tied to the character class. Personally I suspect vampires would yearn for the music from the time when they were born.