• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Am I missing something? When is the current bookmark placed?
As ByzCrusader said, probably the Aiel War, since we'd need less event support to make it work and it can be used as a basic gameplay test mark. If--and I do stress "if"--we do bookmarks prior to Malkier's fall, it will be playable as normal. Otherwise there will be some sort of reclamation mechanic for it.

Ijtzoi and I discussed it, and there's going to be an e_shadow for right now. Malkier can be reclaimed--how, exactly, we didn't decide yet--and played in earlier bookmarks.
have a look at the Britannia: The Winter King mod and their event-shifted de jure territories, it's exactly what you want

have a look at the Britannia: The Winter King mod and their event-shifted de jure territories, it's exactly what you want
No. It should be possible to re-claim Malkier even BEFORE Tarmon Gai'don. If a Shienar army had been able to somehow defeat the Blight near Tarwin's Gap, they would have given the land to Lan without bliking, as they are honor-bound to do so.

you don't understand :p the events are triggered by the creation of titular titles, which then turn them de jure. In the Britannia mod, this is used so that for example the British and the Saxons can have different de jure layouts. The way I see it working in the WoT mod is that Malkier is de jure part of The Blight, but if a character of Malkieri or Shienari culture (or however you're going to divide up cultures) holds Tarwin's Gap, they can create the titular Kingdom of Malkier, and then the event triggers to make Malkier de jure. This prevents the Dark One from creating the kingdom of Malkier himself when he holds it

I'd like to see reclaiming mechanics for any kingdoms that get swallowed by the blight, especially the Borderland kingdoms.

Is there a way to have a character hold a title without holding land? Like Lan, to be clear.
Yes, this is possible. By giving them a titular duchy with no landed titles they can move from place to place at will and yet still be titled and have their own courts. We were thinking of using this as a Forsaken mechanic, although the ins and outs of that haven't been finalized yet. How this would help the situation in the Blight I'm not quite sure.

I was thinking of something pretty simple. Malkier is de jure, but creation conditions (Malkieri culture) prevent e_shadow from forming the kingdom. They occupy it and can eventually make it de jure part of the Shadow as an Empire, but can't erase de jure Malkier (IE it can always be reclaimed by the Light at any time). The issue with this is that the Malkier people won't live forever; if Lan dies, the line of kings is gone and it's not coming back. He should be fairly likely to marry Nynaeve, but if she dies before they're married or before he has children we all know Lan's not going to marry again. If the line of kings is broken before Malkier is retaken, upon being reclaimed (however it is that mechanic works) the Kingdom should be granted to a random noble house of a different Borderlands culture (probably Shienar). From there we can have event support that gradually changes the culture of Shienar-Malkier to pure Malkieri culture again (akin to the Norman->English events in vanilla), but with that Shienaran house occupying the throne.

We should set up a SVN in order to collaborate better.
We have one now, it just got set up.

Last edited:
I was thinking of something pretty simple. Malkier is de jure, but creation conditions (Malkieri culture) prevent e_shadow from forming the kingdom. They occupy it and can eventually make it de jure part of the Shadow as an Empire, but can't erase de jure Malkier (IE it can always be reclaimed by the Light at any time). The issue with this is that the Malkier people won't live forever; if Lan dies, the line of kings is gone and it's not coming back. He should be fairly likely to marry Nynaeve, but if she dies before they're married or before he has children we all know Lan's not going to marry again. If the line of kings is broken before Malkier is retaken, upon being reclaimed (however it is that mechanic works) the Kingdom should be granted to a random noble house of a different Borderlands culture (probably Shienar). From there we can have event support that gradually changes the culture of Shienar-Malkier to pure Malkieri culture again (akin to the Norman->English events in vanilla), but with that Shienaran house occupying the throne.

It would be great.
Although I'd say that Lan is not really the last Malkier: he's just the last of his dinasty. There are other Malkiers, so we should have some random Malkier courtiers in Borderlands holdings.

Right, the SVN repository is up and running. If anyone would like to join the team, PM me and I'll give you access. I've edited the OP to have a list of what needs to be worked on, and will try to keep it up to date. To avoid having people work on the same thing, I'll keep a mention on who's working on what. If two people divide a task, like someone changes the positions for provs 1-150 and the other 151-300, I'll note that there.

Where can we found this mechanic?
When TOG releases it'll probably be an event chain somewhere in the DLC content. It allows landless nobility or those with claims on titles to gather up armies to take land. We can use it to model Lan rallying the Malkieri very well--in fact, the game will probably do it for us without us having to raise a finger.