• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How the Lich King will work? And you need be necromancer to raise people from the dead, that's how the Linch King will get his lords and armies?
Some mechanics will be a topic of the next dev diary and we showed Resurrection here.
You don't need to be a necromancer, it will be a government feature.

Reactions:
Mok'ra! Now that orcs and ogres are finished, we mixed their genes to create the Mok'nathal, a clan of orc-ogre hybrids with its most famous member Rexxar.

Their origins trace back to the wars between the two separate races. In desperation, the ogres used their captives to expand their numbers through selective breeding. These half-breeds served as the new frontline for the ogres, possessing traits and capabilities from both. It was only when Leoroxx led a successful uprising did the Mok’nathal finally find their freedom. Yet they would have to carve their own path, never finding full acceptance from their orc brethren.
Moknathal_Preview.png

Moknathal.gif

• 5Love
  • 3Like
Reactions:
Mok'ra! Now that orcs and ogres are finished, we mixed their genes to create the Mok'nathal, a clan of orc-ogre hybrids with its most famous member Rexxar.

Their origins trace back to the wars between the two separate races. In desperation, the ogres used their captives to expand their numbers through selective breeding. These half-breeds served as the new frontline for the ogres, possessing traits and capabilities from both. It was only when Leoroxx led a successful uprising did the Mok’nathal finally find their freedom. Yet they would have to carve their own path, never finding full acceptance from their orc brethren.
View attachment 755271
View attachment 755272
First playthrough confirmed! Love me some half-breeds.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello! Today we would like to show the first demonic race we made.
Nathrezim, also called dread lords or dread queens, serve as the Burning Legion's intelligence agents. They are masters of manipulation, working from the shadows to beguile their enemies by scheming and sowing dissent among the denizens of Azeroth, reveling in the chaos they leave in their wake.
Nathrezim_Male_Preview.png

Nathrezim_Female_Preview.png

Dreadlords.gif

• 8Like
  • 4Love
Reactions:
I see many people laughing at my question and it's ok :) I'm asking cause in a Warcraft Guardians of Azeroth for CK 2 all demons including Nathrezim had "-1000% fertility" modifier

• 3Like
Reactions:
I see many people laughing at my question and it's ok :) I'm asking cause in a Warcraft Guardians of Azeroth for CK 2 all demons including Nathrezim had "-1000% fertility" modifier
They currently are infertile, and i believe we intend to keep it that way.
The reason are mainly because there really are no examples of demon giving birth. They for one are immortal so they rarely die and secondly they rather just elevate new members to their ranks rather then creating their own (witch ain't hard with the timeline being infinite and all and they exist outside time).
Heck even Imp Mothers don't give birth;
very little is currently known about them, but their stomachs are known to operate as a kind of portal from which imps emerge.

Hope that satisfy your question ;)

• 1Like
Reactions:
The imp stomach-portal is weird thing I didn't know about Warcraft :O
Sucks dreadlords are indeed infertile, but if we would remove it in the code, (let's say by making a simple submod) would that work with CK 3 genetic inheritance sistem? It should, right?

Reactions:
The imp stomach-portal is weird thing I didn't know about Warcraft :O
Sucks dreadlords are indeed infertile, but if we would remove it in the code, (let's say by making a simple submod) would that work with CK 3 genetic inheritance sistem? It should, right?
It is the demon trait they have that make's them infertile, so either by removing that or rewriting it would solve it, or just right out use cheat codes to make children :p

• 1Like
Reactions:
pC-Yyrx6P9Q9an0yQNq3-bTwtQESAVRZY4auS2A-sck9nbVhnsvlHrCAMmuWVbuj5qbvVfKNuC6or6e-XYDNdgnp0QyOIsB77TNrgiSIMJzHcPiXiUQQ22TYhRAml4Etzy_pjWoz=s0

Developer Diary №5 - Dark Governments

Hello! Today we would like to talk about the three new government types we are introducing in GoA2.

Warcraft is a fantasy universe with undead, demons, tentacle lads, and bugs. And as you would expect, their ruling style differs from vanilla feudals. Thus they get their unique government types which we refer to as Dark Governments.

First, we will explain the common ground all three governments share. We want their focus to be switched from developing their realm to bringing havoc on Azeroth (or combining both). This means mechanics such as Raiding are a special focus for Dark Governments, along with a host of other special mechanics that we will showcase later.

Like the vanilla Clan Government, they don't bother with individual obligations for each vassal. A vassal's contribution (taxes and levies) is based solely on the vassal's opinion.

GMa8Ugb8b2LLLH14mMXLQEag3oZwfetlBVaPTvZ9-elxfkI-qPunYbuwe2Bp6OjcRFNUcYXYLr-wk9Kd9flurW71nUHyTE2UhLrRf2VXBCJ_fTQfBwlLAH80aqmpDl_F2W1XzvUk=s0

To avoid their titles passing to mortals and infidels, they have a variation of the Partition succession law: the Same Religious Family Partition. It's identical to Partition, but only characters of the same religious family can inherit.

9LHttR0axw5ls_HqywlzQeOrwBzN8nN9iU-REGABbaQSr-6kHP7uqmU9Ps56nHwyGfXFdMu7oDHyw-NT_bT9H0p4nDU-I-yJ4lr9TCAqRp7jWP-4qINGkOZjhQQ6I9uKqh1LSMxW=s0

Instead of Crown Authority, Dark Governments have Dark Authority. The key difference is that Dark Authority can't be passed manually. To achieve the next level of the law, you will need to accumulate a resource called Dark Frenzy.

Thresholds:

• Insignificant Circles (1st Level): 0
  • Scattered Cults (2nd Level): 25
  • Dark Covens (3rd Level): 50
  • Unholy Congregations (4th Level): 75
7Yfsja0_NX8jKWw0aKfnudNsXxFDeQ4FggWHy-Ls1eVwqqRJ-JDn4mA45byvzxxIUKiFcYpnrQmoB7TqGSI3maeGyn8iTZdx-CItrXeMghCgNPU9Sz1-UO1jVVeIN8HeWO2E6S4N=s0

Each of the three government types has a unique way of obtaining more Dark Frenzy, which we will explain below. As an addition to the vanilla authority features like title revocation and increased vassal taxes, the 3rd and 4th Levels of Dark Authority will grant unique benefits.

But be wary, as the 1st and 2nd Authority Levels will give you debuffs. Which means it's better to keep Dark Frenzy as high as possible, though it won't be easy as Dark Frenzy decays over time. The larger your realm, and the higher your Authority Level, the faster Dark Frenzy will decay.

0-DTJfzFZUE7qTDv1K77cZzYuszB0KiN_uRC82PwPBAIy_AjWdOhLLn12qmF-HXkje7HJCt79aT-maoUKQUdUu3H_B1QKip4EskLV4HyyNsIkFHgvPZSwUxcvYfInG1ETBKPu330=s0

Now let's take a look at each government type.

Necro Realms

Necro Realms are kingdoms of the undead. They are available to undead characters with Necromancy allowed in their religious doctrines. Examples of such realms may be the Forsaken of Sylvanas, the Scourge, and the kvaldir.

AmcoP3R6B0tU4-CIJEqUEtJjzfnay7d-T_18OAAmYDAZl8PDKZYkdajqZ3qP4qWM9CtZJb2DcbEO8aKZLS2qo0368M_I86Abo4L1TvXdf4ajyhJY7PavO9PV5RFhOKyzaa0kiaVF=s0

They obtain Dark Frenzy from winning battles with their armies, sieging or looting enemy lands, and converting them to their culture and religion.

HT1luxD9qZdTJ5RHym8hu_tMb6JrENMKkmOuGG-UuErR7SCsx3EKH7pQueLgO09KkjUEVBEvEOwUz9Soi8qGD3waVDYeILxFaq0GnVDxml9md-F0TuOPSTYzAtrGAQRQKT227Mpj=s0

As long as the undead keep harvesting mortals, they field larger levies, reinforce faster, and their Men-At-Arms units are cheaper.

D3F5iZlfoarwk5C9ntzXcOrbxiDVHFoAi7v7qkwib3rbNvKgEK44xVFDDShmYHPqD68FidVrVkXaXGon0kWky3n2lXlUqok47mEiGuh1vDBSXREYyzlvbeTfz2v1SQBxAmF7tJmc=s0

Additionally, instead of killing enemy knights, Necro Realms raise them into undeath after combat to use as their own commanders in a never-ending army.

JSQ60H4HJAPW3kWtXVDHFc7oi-NRjONbuQGeOJ5vDCy0t2HlmT4iOAt0xt7rD0MYbvyslhpJvLuujAHuMFP5TvBVxEVihPID-jBX8EYMN4aatDM8YB1zDW5TWld8naLDGOFCq2HF=s0

wHB3baz1GLjur8rP6TijemN30LLOf017tyourmUM5AoKlm86w9FU-iGXc_8VkzTDRhfdoEA_duknjaez75i76c3atoHb0zrT5BOqwlp3cV93p3lfQNLXb2LWGjRxNT_ekOq2xrgW=s0

Demonic Realms

Next is the Demonic Realm government. It's available to demon characters with Fel Magic allowed, with the Burning Legion and satyrs being the most common examples.

nJu6fo53tbjfRNnxdib6RhKoV0-o9agpoTq1jYQBurFoPnjdFhmNjvZ5XyhGg_APDESQguJL6PPGiObD2wSflVzvUYKEWRDYFPuYBvPzTXnongkfZSaziyxNaeCkNwb7guNWme4x=s0

Above all, demons enjoy suffering, so they obtain Dark Frenzy from executions and torturing.

PY251azX98NUTWPrEj1MmkJCBzbbpDxTpL6_S7FhvKGyzwrQM9sz4ymxQO_fvz-82QBzuZYRwT3JJ3wWKHTs6-cvCyEz8DTSyFh8fWIJw4Rn-fQ58p7RtPIFs4Mtfj3W5qNKrGns=s0

While Necro Realms provide a giant army, the demons focus on army quality. Having high Dark Authority boosts the speed and damage of their armies, as well as slowing the Dread Decay of characters.

i9JVfojhT1shOzW4YEGIXZugND9VYZJe-3fKE4gufUgnE8YHff3lqVuIuWaePw5tWamxDVOU4idZPz85s_NSrSEd3OOal4199B6rtXWta3Lc0l23WHHp8xWIPRcNz2pwCOVFe6CJ=s0

From time to time, Demonic Realms may find unusual guests of high skill level in their court: lustful succubi, shrewd eredar, wise observers, mighty pitlords, cunning nathrezim, and more.

ibi8ToYDc1ifGnE0MmWssmepHiCmUktCCUVRtLetHdmxmc7yBGpmxSvTHk5o8tZsarS3yYsYQ_d20XN5UbZyKuVUhstJXJvjjAnExIWi9rwaIYlv2m7HPMqXqudqHzbxnunfdgqU=s0

Eldritch Government

The last government type is the Eldritch one. Long before the Titans arrived, the Old Gods ruled over Azeroth. Giant pyramids and temple complexes once stretched across the entire continent. The Eldritch Government is available to void beings with Shadow Magic allowed. Although the Titans defeated the Old Gods, their children, the mantid and qiraji, carry on their legacy across Pandaria and Kalimdor.

k2UQqufEx89KOxwuSRff9Pt38T7k48SoO59cJND_VJkcjiaGyoTuZ6ziwiuL5Yp-ZyuyElA8s-pIAVSsxtowzyW9JYBiZqMsfErOnAQh4UstDLlFavmK3mMyGEXA91qN-tl_G_8y=s0

Executions in the name of Those Who Sleep grant Dark Frenzy. However, their main strengths are Mental Breaks and Stress Level. Eldritch Realms obtain Dark Frenzy from each Mental Break. Thus, being stressed and insane will grant Eldritch rulers significant bonuses.

QTslFcmFPltCx_206C23zhFLMsf5T9j97Z8y7UgRd72rdm8ms2wL_1Nas9X2hoQW2OAsWFCU946b6XEp4DJDm0AnLm-6CQPG2lgIFWmI7AGNGSwzGGtAOCLjxzQ3CJjZx5cNz2qR=s0

Having high Dark Authority increases all of your skills according to the character’s Stress Level. For example, if you have the 4th Authority Level and the 3rd Stress Level, you get +3 to each skill. Also, to restore the glory of the Black Empire, Eldritch Realms will gain a boost to development growth.

fwoO1tlygefMALfpSghhMprZoPfxbYGuTYDnrmzMhZTLqHju-nW0KjDi7ivnxLV40_ab1mCWsK-k9Mex92sG3UOZOu5Sm-UyZ3Ma5Bz_lQrGnGuP5LLrc2JMEpzUaYL0aS0tYWts=s0

But that's not all! Faceless Ones, also called n'raqi, may visit your court. They have a good Prowess bonus and will make for perfect Knights. If you are lucky enough, you might attract an almighty C'Thrax, the stronger version of an n'raqi.

P1zGbDEP7fAFuNPPOya1ovLIQFna2Tcd3Qg_EneY0RRej_yNuOuaW4hk3mjKhykJQseVXDurzcD7CzAylEGf_QTHYGbm68SAuAElvJzKkpZ773LFKU08DPLp32YT5YqKFp2IO_QZ=s0

That's all for today! We welcome any kind of feedback. If you have unique ideas, feel free to share them! If you like what we're doing, consider supporting us on Patreon. If you have free time and wish to bring the release closer, we would like to Recruit you. Thanks for reading, and thank you for your continued support! Until next time!

Special thanks to our patrons:
  • a. b.
  • Adam M
  • Anders Rosnes Kvamme
  • Andrew seaman
  • Arthur Anderson
  • Bobby
  • Caellach
  • CazaClaw
  • Chad Volsung
  • Chris Baker
  • cldcrst96
  • CrusaderMaker
  • Dan
  • dude guyerson
  • Emil
  • Enby Mirrors
  • Francis Morin
  • Hagen Dreßel
  • Heliaste
  • Herbemagik
  • Jacob Ross
  • Jake Coop
  • John Krane
  • Kaiser Germanicus
  • Kevin Schwarz
  • King of the Mushan
  • Laetoy
  • Lepra
  • Lil Penpusher
  • Lorsan
  • Lyreface
  • Magnus Dalmatius
  • Mayor
  • Melorandor
  • Namhai Vu
  • Nicole Knight
  • One Game
  • Ryzzik Trognesou
  • Scithes
  • sebastian emil müller
  • SirDanceAlotTheThird
  • Smithon
  • Solignox
  • Spore9
  • swiftdraw
  • TheKingAmal
  • ThenellDK
  • Theoderic
  • Theseventh
  • traditional
  • Untoten
  • WarAndStryfe
  • Willem van Kraaij
  • Wyatt Balboni
  • Zack Walsh

Last edited:
  • 8Love
  • 6Like
Reactions:
You mentioned Quiraji and Mantids, but what government Nerubians have?
And does Undead Nerubians have the same government or necro?
And more meta question: How did you achieve "???" age?
Dark governments look really fun and interesting :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
Interesting that the scourge and the Forsaken have the same government type. The control the Lich King has over his subordinates (thus how much tax/levy they provide) being tied to opinion seems strange to me though. Is there some sort of system to effect the opinion of Scourge vassals that relates this more closely to the Lich King's strength and ability to dominate their will? Because plenty of the vanilla opinion logic doesn't seem like it would translate super well to this sort of magical domination. For example it doesn't feel to me like a Death Knight should be able to raise less troops for the cause because of something like the Lich King being shy while the DK is gregarious.

Last edited:
Reactions:
The misunderstood Lich King: Shy, compassionate and diligent. All he wants is to save people from death but he has difficulty explaining his motives properly.

• 6Haha
Reactions:
Interesting that the scourge and the Forsaken have the same government type. The control the Lich King has over his subordinates (thus how much tax/levy they provide) being tied to opinion seems strange to me though. Is there some sort of system to effect the opinion of Scourge vassals that relates this more closely to the Lich King's strength and ability to dominate their will? Because plenty of the vanilla opinion logic doesn't seem like it would translate super well to this sort of magical domination. For example it doesn't feel to me like a Death Knight should be able to raise less troops for the cause because of something like the Lich King being shy while the DK is gregarious.
The Scourge will have some special mechanics we will show later in teasers and developer diaries. I'm working on them.

• 4Like
Reactions:
Death comes into play! We have been actively working on the Scourge and their special mechanics. More details will be posted in a respective developer diary in the future. As a teaser, we have Ner'zhul's first appearance following the Beyond the Dark Portal story.

Wmo-yUtnRT3vHfY7RV2823d6jQCHQ9t15l-QYnpUzU-iUCb2JZrzsr8KnTxwLZ3FM98Sjqs7BhxJV2dpb7USp76hqHp7ava4ZKbjPexanJ1SWzQ6A1bFdz0q_XlMcUCfZaoadG4X=s1600

Immediately after this event, the Scourge may start subduing and turning vrykuls, who believe the Lich King to be a death god. Functionally, this works through the ‘Offer Vassalage’ mechanic, though the Scourge benefits from a powerful bonus towards acceptance from vrykul factions.

PpXc2JyX4njBfzVXO4PqwxvGHXcKfuwjokMQqaB_8Q4u4kXC6iH7pwyevnPVabJgP8en1EKIpR_SqmGt8PoaPt-le1KuM0lya64wxU-hPNHXn5pPOx5D6bGhjt6zD4m2u7DTshlt=s1600

The Scourge has the Necro government we explained in the previous developer diary and actively expands its mechanics. High Dark Frenzy shows the Lich King's domination over the will of his vassals.

sZDHIds.png

Last edited:
  • 8Love
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Amazing work! I hope the mod's learning curve will be gentle enough for those of us who don't know all that much Warcraft lore to play too, because I'd hate to miss out. :)